SWFC Trust – fans' survey

1 minute ago, Tamworthowl said:

Im sure it can be made to work, but it’ll be very complex, with many irritating limitations that will create as much annoyance as the current ticket arrangements.

If there's one thing that would definitely attract back more non season ticket fans more regularly it's to wipe the absolutely ridiculous number of layers/tiers/grades/categories we have for our ticketing and make it just one simple price.

That one move alone would make a massive difference to the number of fans who even bother to look at ticket pricing in the first place.

I would hazard an educated guess that our ticketing is so complex, so confusing and so ridiculous that the casual average non season ticket holder don't even bother to look at it anymore

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's my thoughts entirely mate.

Nothing wrong with this exercise whatsoever.

I can't see anyone crackers enough to sit repeatedly filling it in but the system is there if they want to spend their days doing that

lol

A lot of people with a lot of spare time on their hands in lock down lol

Guest paulvcooke
3 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

This could be Owlstalk in 2006-2010 where someone is posting about Wednesdayite

Fans groups still getting the hostile treatment

Just another bunch of people trying to get their name in the paper. They don't speak for me and I'd suggest you don't let them speak for you. Your choice. Filling in there shitty survey gives them a legitimacy they don't deserve.

2 minutes ago, paulvcooke said:

Just another bunch of people trying to get their name in the paper. They don't speak for me and I'd suggest you don't let them speak for you. Your choice. Filling in there shitty survey gives them a legitimacy they don't deserve.

So how would you propose a fans group to work? 

A couple of initial thoughts.

The OP mentions soon opening membership to the Supporters Trust. For a survey about pricing, why isn’t their a question along the lines of “how much is reasonable to join the trust?”

The survey can be filled in by anyone. Not limited to Wednesday fans. If the Pigs did one, there’d be a link on here and people told to fill yer boots. It limits the validity of the results.

Similarly, it can be filled in more than once.

I accept that it’s difficult if you don’t have a data base of fans. But there’s a ready made explanation for any conclusions that you (the Trust) don’t like.

Guest paulvcooke
Just now, Burnsie said:

So how would you propose a fans group to work? 

Who asked them to become a fan's group? I don't want anyone speaking for me. These groups work from an arrogance, the conceit that they know 'what we think' and they can articulate better than I. Not for me, they can jog on. YMMV, I really don't care.

Guest paulvcooke
2 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

A couple of initial thoughts.

The OP mentions soon opening membership to the Supporters Trust. For a survey about pricing, why isn’t their a question along the lines of “how much is reasonable to join the trust?”

The survey can be filled in by anyone. Not limited to Wednesday fans. If the Pigs did one, there’d be a link on here and people told to fill yer boots. It limits the validity of the results.

Similarly, it can be filled in more than once.

I accept that it’s difficult if you don’t have a data base of fans. But there’s a ready made explanation for any conclusions that you (the Trust) don’t like.

Spot on. They just want to make a noise and get themselves heard. Does it harvest email addresses as well? I'd suggest anyone filling it in signs out of any Google account they have first, or uses a different browser/incognito mode etc.

Guest paulvcooke
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

There's no option to enter your email address OR sign in

What if you are currently signed into a Google account and you just click the link and do the survey?

10 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

How do you see this working when we have variable match day pricing?

I think we should move back to a single price, but that’s unlikely to happen. So if you had, say a 10 match season ticket, won’t many fans just pick the “bigger” games, the more expensive games?

And how many of these 10 game season tickets do you sell? What if they all save their last match for the season finale? Some might find there’s no seats left. 

Im sure it can be made to work, but it’ll be very complex, with many irritating limitations that will create as much annoyance as the current ticket arrangements.

I think we would benefit generally from having fewer (ideally 1) layers of match pricing. 

I haven’t tried to calculate all the other aspects you mention, it would have to be covered in the terms and conditions. Derby County ran a similar scheme for several years, which seemed to work well. I think a guaranteed ticket to their home game against Forest was made part of the deal as a selling point.

As we operate well within capacity generally it should be a surmountable problem.

Guest paulvcooke
Just now, @owlstalk said:

There's literally no link/interaction between your google account and this survey from what I can see

I'd still recommend people either sign out of their Google account or preferably use a different browser in incognito mode. Depends on if you have any concerns about data harvesting. That's up to the individual.

5 minutes ago, paulvcooke said:

I'd still recommend people either sign out of their Google account or preferably use a different browser in incognito mode. Depends on if you have any concerns about data harvesting. That's up to the individual.

So its up to the individual whether to let someone speak for them when they arent claiming they will. To enter an email address which isnt requested

Whether they use their google account to avoid data harvesting which wont happen

Thanks for your calm and unbiased advice

Guest paulvcooke
6 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

So its up to the individual whether to let someone speak for them when they arent claiming they will. To enter an email address which isnt requested

Whether they use their google account to avoid data harvesting which wont happen

Thanks for your calm and unbiased advice

A Fan's trust that doesn't speak for the fans? That's an odd concept.

A Google Survey can be set to collect the addresses automatically.

I couldn't care less about your opinion of 'my advice' on data security.

Edited by paulvcooke
typo

I've filled in the survey and I must say I've been very negative but it gives fans the choice to be positive if thats how they feel.

Having said that I'm not a fan of supporters groups.

Edited by paddyowl

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

So do we compare ourselves to Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster or the Blades all in our region, then factor in our wage costs could probably work out that we should have the 2nd highest or maybe 1st as we don't have PL money.

I mentioned also other championship clubs too bud, you've chose to pick te narrative you wanted. 

On another reply I mention Leeds, being a similar sized ground, in ypirkshire with a similar following in good /bad times in the championship as probably our best pricing baromiter. What do they charge for pog prices?? As the best expamle. 

1 hour ago, paulvcooke said:

Nobody reads the papers, I doubt they are looking for some sort of stardom and using this as their vehicle.