Semedo

Screenshot 2020-05-14 at 08.13.50.jpg

Carlos side of the story saying he tried to contact him about a new contract

“I tried to call him one or two times and some colleagues also," claimed Carvalhal. “He didn’t reply.

“In this period of his career, if he has the chance to do a very good contract I think it will be good to him.

“I understand that and I support him about that. At this moment, I don’t know what the situation is."

Screenshot 2020-05-14 at 08.13.09.jpg

Jose Semedo's side of the story

He said: "I was waiting for someone to call me to say let's talk about your situation.

"All I wanted to do was play for Sheffield Wednesday. I couldn't see myself with another club but no one called me about renewing my contract.

"I was very disappointed. It was the hardest time in my career.

"It was the most difficult time because I didn't deserve, for what I did for the club, to be treated like that. I felt it was unfair and a big, big punch.

"I was always 100 per cent committed to the club and gave everything in training and in the games."

Semedo said he would have taken a pay cut to remain an Owl.

"If I had been offered a new contract, I would have stayed 100 per cent," he added.

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Should have kept him. Let’s put him and Loovens in charge instead of Monk. Couldn’t be any worse!

Completely contradictory stories, personally I'd say they're both at fault. 

Considering the age we live in I think it's fair to say that had one of them genuinely wanted to make contact with the other, it would have been possible quite easily. 

Yeah should have kept him because he said nice things . I know he’s a hero at Wednesday but he comes out with some utter bull (as evident in his book) . Truth is he was a league one player. Who had several years in the championship . I’d say that was a career well spent 

24 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Should have kept him. Let’s put him and Loovens in charge instead of Monk. Couldn’t be any worse!

Dream team.

Semedo does the team talks and Loovens does the dancing.

10 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Yeah should have kept him because he said nice things . I know he’s a hero at Wednesday but he comes out with some utter bull (as evident in his book) . Truth is he was a league one player. Who had several years in the championship . I’d say that was a career well spent 

He definitely drained everything he could from the ability that he had. He also seemed to help others done same. I think that its having that mentality within the squad that we have been missing a bit 

I mean we effectively replaced him with Joey P so it seems tragic that we let him go.

If he would have took a reduced terms contract and been happy in the peripherals of the squad, coming on with 10 to go if a lead needs defending etc... We should have gone for it.

He would have been looking at a coaching job within now and what a guy he would have been for the youth squads and passing on his work ethic and commitment.

He is a polite Megson lol 

58 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Wow..

Owlstalk Shop

I always felt there should have been a role for him to play as a coach at the club.
His attitude and fitness would have made him an ideal candidate to start him off as a development squad coach. He will surely finish up as a coach somewhere when he retires from playing,

38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But which one do you believe?

Carlos with his 'hey I tried calling him!'

or

Semedo with his 'I wanted to stay, but nobody called me'

It's probably something as stupid as Carlos ringing on a withheld number, or Semedo deleting notifications before seeing a missed call. Or some other half arsed scenario.

My guess is neither of them were that bothered whether he stayed or not.

If Carlos really wanted him to stay I fail to believe there was no way of getting hold of him.

If Semedo really wanted to stay, why sit and wait for a call, make the call yourself.

• Thanks 1

Guest freerole

Lovely bloke and some great memories of his tough tackling. However he was as effective as a traffic cone in the middle of the pitch at the end.

Guest wilyfox

Horses for courses. Semedo did what we needed him to do, which was to get us up into the champ and consolidate us there. Our aim for promotion to the prem was beyond what he was capable of.