Refunds

Guest Grandad

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Agree with this completely. The club is operating without the income it expected and is losing money as it is. If thousands of season ticket holders were in a position to write off a refund on the 5 remaining home games it would help the club a little bit.

Saying that there is a feeling that it would be less of an issue to write it off it the players we had paid to see weren't still getting paid 100% of very significant salaries by the club.  

Let’s be honest, how much do the club make in season tickets.. then compare that to the wage bill. It’s obvious where the problem lies. I just don’t see why the fans should lose out financially when the players are still getting paid for doing nothing on the back of them having playing atrociously for 3 months. They should be embarrassed taking the money

31 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

maybe everyone could get them temp checked before entering ,stewards are quite capable of doing that

I don't think I've ever read a post from you that's as plain 'wrong' as that statement in so so many different ways..

You clearly must have had a blind moment and posted it without thinking it through..

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Agree with this completely. The club is operating without the income it expected and is losing money as it is. If thousands of season ticket holders were in a position to write off a refund on the 5 remaining home games it would help the club a little bit.

Possibly..

I can't imagine much sympathy for Chansiri coming from all those pay on the gate fans he's priced out though..

Owlstalk Shop

39 minutes ago, Grandad said:

They're not rectal

Are they???

It would be the most pleasurable experience of the afternoon!

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It would be the most pleasurable experience of the afternoon!

Not the first time any of us would have felt like that at the turnstiles either

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Following the announcement from Govt that no more games would be played in front of a crowd this season - Leeds Utd have started the ball rolling with processing refunds to season ticket holders and hospitality guests.

How does that sit with you? 

In the poll below over 1000 have voted and 2 out of 3 have suggested they want a refund for the games they won't see.

The club can keep any monies owed to me for this season.

It's called supporting your club.

Can we be given the chance to give a % back on the basis the chairman will wake the f*ck up at the club and bring in the necessary heads to run a club properly with a senior leadership team in place for next year? 

If so - keep all my money, and I’ll give you some more 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Possibly..

I can't imagine much sympathy for Chansiri coming from all those pay on the gate fans he's priced out though..

If tickets was say £25 a match how many potg extra fans would we get .  And what attendence was we get before chansiri took over 

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Good for you pal 

2 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

Might sound a daft question but if I bought my ST on finance where would the refund come from. SWFC or the finance company ?

From the club I believe. I think the admin fee you pay with your first instalment is the bit that the finance company get. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

If tickets was say £25 a match how many potg extra fans would we get .  And what attendence was we get before chansiri took over 

4 or 5 years ago a fair and consistent price would have attracted a decent POTG turnout. Now after 4 or 5 years of being ripped off, alienated and dismissed as irrelevant by the Chairman, considerably less.

48 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't think I've ever read a post from you that's as plain 'wrong' as that statement in so so many different ways..

You clearly must have had a blind moment and posted it without thinking it through..

what I said about having your temperature checked before entry into the ground is very feasible and possible it takes 2 seconds ,it takes a lot longer to check somebodies bag for security . clearly this virus is here for the long term numbers make decrease at times but if you are going to wait until there are less than 10 deaths a day you will be waiting years , so this idea in my book is an excellent idea , it would stop 99% of covid fans going in and I doubt there would be many anyway attending with it ,either there would be that few of us carrying it or be far too unwell to attend. ideas need to change been locked down and completely shutting the county down wont last beyond this summer , if airlines , hospitality ,tourism sport cannot get back this year then you will see many millions out of work . furloughing ,working from home and social distancing simply don't work in the real world. the chancellor chucking 100s of billions at it is keeping a lot above water and in a bubble ,the bubble will burst later this year when the money has gone and the huge colossal debt will need to be paid back. 

34 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I was waiting for the first superfan quote. A sly dig at other fans who quite rightly would want to be reimbursed in one way or the other. 

I'm a season ticket holder and at present I am undecided. I can see both sides of the argument, one thing that doesn't sit comfortably is that the players are on full salary and if the club didn't at least offer refunds it would feel a little off.

• Like 2

My rough maths indicate this would be a refund of around £2m. 

The players should take a cut, but quite a few of them are off in a few weeks anyway, so they’ve won’t even consider it. 

who(would health organisation) have just said it will take 4-5 years before the pandemic can be under control . so what ive said all along is correct that this virus is here for a very long time and we should be looking at getting back to some kind of normality sometime this year . what are we supposed to do? not send our kids to school for 5 years ,not attend football for 5 years ,just lock ourselves in our houses? its just not happening . just get people safe who need to be safe , get care homes sorted im sure its possible to get them far  safer then the death rate will be well under half . if anybody thought we will do lockdown and social distancing and all will be well by October well according to who it definitely wont . get kids back to school they are safe 2 passed away out of 10 million while 340 have passed away from other illnesses in that time , yet most parents see danger when there isn't any. 

36 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

4 or 5 years ago a fair and consistent price would have attracted a decent POTG turnout. Now after 4 or 5 years of being ripped off, alienated and dismissed as irrelevant by the Chairman, considerably less.

What rough attendance and did we have as many season ticket holders

38 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

We averaged 22000 in 2014 about same as this season .so i wouldnt say we was getting more potg at all

Edited by Guest