Refunds

Guest Grandad

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

I thought it was a pay cut but may be wrong.

Turns out I am.

Classic

good PR for clubs though, but when you drill down its no big deal for most players earning more  in a week than many sheffielders do in a year

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Explain any alternative to that then

- Feel players should take a pay cut as easier way to save money

- Don't feel they need refunded for 5 games- due to general attitude in life to not being bothered by refunds, laid back attitude

- Happy to contribute to club and once they have paid their money that's that.

- Happy to accept crazy reasons for matches being cancelled and don't feel a need for refund

Or any other reasons

Maybe some do think it makes them a superfan but they shout loudest.

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If we're all 100% totally completely brutally honest here, the ones saying they'd not ask for a refund are doing it because they believe it makes them a better fan of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.

That's not a dig at anyone by the way, just exploring the real truth behind this thinking

That’s not true.

I won’t be asking for my money back this season as it’s money I spent ages ago and I never thought I’d get back. I firmly believe that if thousands of fans ask for refunds it’ll damage the club financially and affect the calibre of players we are able to bring to the club in the immediate future.

It doesn’t make me a better fan than anyone else, just the way how I see the current situation.

If however next season we aren’t able to attend games until say 2021, I’d accept a discount for the amount of games missed off of my season ticket the following year.

Guest Ash76

The attacks on the players are a little out of line in my opinion. If they've not been asked to take a pay cut then why would they?

Had they been asked and refused then i'd be joining in but we don't know what conversations, if any, have been had at S6 in regards to this

I'm with @TrickyTrev. Not bothered for this season but if we miss games next season then either a refund or discount on following years for games missed

Edited by Ash76

2 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

We are not supporting a system, we are supporting our club. 

The system might not be right but it is what it is. 

Whilst we have obscene salaries paid to footballers that isn’t going to change. 

In the meantime, refunds just bring the club another financial pressure under FFP it just doesn’t need. 

If the players did their bit to help the financial pressures on the club by offering to take a pay cut, then im sure most fans would be happy for the club to keep their cash.

A 50% pay cut for a few months would hardly cause them financial hardship, they would still be taking home several thousand pounds a week.

We all know though there's no chance of the players chipping in.

How much has the club paid them for sitting on their arses the last 2 months? I would guess about £5M.

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If we're all 100% totally completely brutally honest here, the ones saying they'd not ask for a refund are doing it because they believe it makes them a better fan of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.

That's not a dig at anyone by the way, just exploring the real truth behind this thinking

Oh dear. 

What total and utter nonsense.

Having a view on taking a refund or not, doesn’t make anyone a better fan - it just means they have a different view of how to deal with a very difficult time. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

If the players did their bit to help the financial pressures on the club by offering to take a pay cut, then im sure most fans would be happy for the club to keep their cash.

A 50% pay cut for a few months would hardly cause them financial hardship, they would still be taking home several thousand pounds a week.

We all know though there's no chance of the players chipping in.

How much has the club paid them for sitting on their arses the last 2 months? I would guess about £5M.

I totally agree players should take a pay cut. 

I totally agree the system is a shambles. 

Money has screwed the game and made it into a business machine which I hate. 

All that said, I’d happily not take a refund as my simple view is that helps us succeed. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Perhaps they don't need the money because they haven't squandered their cash renting property. 😎

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Oh dear. 

What total and utter nonsense.

Having a view on taking a refund or not, doesn’t make anyone a better fan - it just means they have a different view of how to deal with a very difficult time. 

It's not nonsense and it's most definitely not a dig at anyone so no need to get all hypersensitive about it.

What I'm saying is that in their minds they will believe that by not taking a refund they will be helping their club, and so will be a better fan because of it

Owlstalk Shop

27 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

That’s not true.

I won’t be asking for my money back this season as it’s money I spent ages ago and I never thought I’d get back. I firmly believe that if thousands of fans ask for refunds it’ll damage the club financially and affect the calibre of players we are able to bring to the club in the immediate future.

It doesn’t make me a better fan than anyone else, just the way how I see the current situation.

If however next season we aren’t able to attend games until say 2021, I’d accept a discount for the amount of games missed off of my season ticket the following year.

You misunderstood totally.

I never said it would make anyone better fan than anyone else.

I said that by not taking a refund they will believe that they're helping the club, and therefore will be a better fan as a result 

Hope that clears it up

:rolleyes:

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

All that said, I’d happily not take a refund as my simple view is that helps us succeed. 

Yeah that's what I'm interested in understanding, when at the same time our fans are screaming and ranting that our minted owner can't spaff his money on more players.

Owlstalk Shop

Guest freerole

I'd ask because I could use the money. 

I did expect not to see any of my season ticket money back, but only as a result of going to all the games I could. Any out of my control then I'd like it back please.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Thats rubbish mate everybody entitled to tale the refund or not doesnt mean somebody who has taken it thinks there a better fan than someone who has .for starterssome might need the £120 or what ever it is everybodys financial situation different

8 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Thats rubbish mate everybody entitled to tale the refund or not doesnt mean somebody who has taken it thinks there a better fan than someone who has

I think you've totally misunderstood what I said to be fair mate. It's not about being a better fan than anyone else at all. I've not said that.

See above for explanation

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think you've totally misunderstood what I said to be fair mate. It's not about being a better fan than anyone else at all. I've not said that.

See above for explanation

Maybe mate i wasnt having a pop at ya .i can see both side some people might want try help club and others think why should they when a team full of overpaid players get fully paid each to there own if ya ask me .

I should think the players are on less money now than they normally get, they'll probably be no bonuses and appearance money that is usually written into contracts. 

It can be a big chunk for some players.