Refunds

Guest Grandad

1 hour ago, dan1980 said:

Maybe mate i wasnt having a pop at ya .i can see both side some people might want try help club and others think why should they when a team full of overpaid players get fully paid each to there own if ya ask me .

100% mate

Owlstalk Shop

18 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Agree with this completely. The club is operating without the income it expected and is losing money as it is. If thousands of season ticket holders were in a position to write off a refund on the 5 remaining home games it would help the club a little bit.

Saying that there is a feeling that it would be less of an issue to write it off it the players we had paid to see weren't still getting paid 100% of very significant salaries by the club.  

That's it exactly. Players earning more in a week than some of us do in a year and we're potentially asked to take the hit (if it happens). If the players allowed this to happen I'd lose respect for every single one of them. 

5 hours ago, kobayashi said:

Which bit are you struggling with with? If you say the total attendances are the same and there are now more ST then there must be less POTG.

Spot on mate. Even if the players went on 80% like everyone else it'd be something, but asking fans to stump up what the players could do without any affect on their lives is shocking. 

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I won’t be asking for my money back this season as it’s money I spent ages ago and I never thought I’d get back. I firmly believe that if thousands of fans ask for refunds it’ll damage the club financially and affect the calibre of players we are able to bring to the club in the immediate future.

Someone should tell Chansiri.

“Your money doesn’t pay for anything”

That’s what he said to a venue full of SWFC fans.  Wonder if he’s since changed his mind.

51 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I should think the players are on less money now than they normally get, they'll probably be no bonuses and appearance money that is usually written into contracts. 

It can be a big chunk for some players. 

The heart bleeds for them...

They dont give a flyer about us.

happy to take the "refund" as vouchers for games etc to use in the future / gift to friends

Not financially stable enough to let a millionaire owner keep my money though for nothing.

Tramlines is cancelled, they were quick to outline their wishes. Lamproom in Barnsley on the otherhand automatically refunded theatre tickets. Organisations cant just "keep" the money for nowt.

(and it might partly cover the Brentford weekend embarrassment costs)

Edited by modboy

17 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Being a fan is unlike a consumer of any other commodity.

The chairman may be a billionaire but doesn’t help with FFP rules and refunds will just make our position even worse than it already is. 

If we see ourselves as stakeholders in the club (no matter who the chairman is or what he does, he will not be here forever however fans will be) then refunds just screw over the Club we care about. 

Turkeys voting for Xmas comes to mind. 

Perfect opportunity for the EFL to ditch the ridiculous p&s rules and replace with something fit for purpose. 

You simply cannot have a situation where millionaire owners are not allowed to refund fans for cancelled matches because of p&s implications.

5 hours ago, One De Bilde said:

Just out of interest then (and as I say I am undecided), as I assume you will have purchased a season ticket already for next year, say the whole of next season was played behind closed doors and you couldn't attend a game, you would still not want to be compensated in any way?

It's already been paid for so, as you imply, IF next season is played behind closed doors then ALL clubs in the EFL will do a deal with I Follow and display the games, if not then YES I will not expect a refund. I have spent that money it is gone, but as I said we live in a modern world where Litigation is king. 

IF in your world that event did happen, then that would be the end of Football as we know it.

Edited by adelphi1867

They'd be mad not to offer a full refund. Especially without announcing that the players are taking a pay cut.

If you as a fan feel you would want to support the club by rejecting a refund then that's quite commendable but to critisise anyone for not doing so would be laughable.

'Litigation era' 😂

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The thing I struggle to understand is that it was only a few months back (and possibly this still happens) that our fans were screaming that we had an owner that was absolutely MINTED but couldn't spend his money due to FFP.

Fans were ranting and furious about it.

"Why can't our chairman spend his zillions of pounds?"was the cry (and still is)

"It's unfair! He's loaded. He should be able to spend his money if he wants to" was the call from fans

But this week it's "we should all not ask for refunds as we need to save our club" like we're back it the financial ashes of the 1970's or summat

It doesn't stack up..

Sorry but this whole 'I'm not going to ask for a refund' as though it's some kind of noble thing to do is ok, but then don't be coming screaming and shouting about our minted chairman not being allowed to spaff his money all over the shop.

FFS

(not aimed at you Adelph - just a point in general)

lol

No offence taken Me old china.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ruusowl said:

They'd be mad not to offer a full refund. Especially without announcing that the players are taking a pay cut.

If you as a fan feel you would want to support the club by rejecting a refund then that's quite commendable but to critisise anyone for not doing so would be laughable.

'Litigation era' 😂

I assume this is aimed at me?.

Where have I criticised any one else, if some one want's to go down that road, then that is up to them.

As for the litigation era comment, you only have to look at the recent History of society today.

For instance: there was a case, about 15 years ago where a school child was playing football in the play ground at school, fell over and broke his ankle.

The parents sued the School and got a Holiday out of it, the result was the school head banned all sports activity at the school.

Like many other people during this time, we've had several events cancelled for which we have bought tickets. In almost every case, the offer is either a full refund or keep the ticket and attend when the event is rescheduled.

I would have thought that a similar arrangement for season ticket holders at S6 would be fair and appropriate, once the current season is officially ended and it is safe and permissable to attend football once again.

23 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I assume this is aimed at me?.

Where have I criticised any one else, if some one want's to go down that road, then that is up to them.

As for the litigation era comment, you only have to look at the recent History of society today.

For instance: there was a case, about 15 years ago where a school child was playing football in the play ground at school, fell over and broke his ankle.

The parents sued the School and got a Holiday out of it, the result was the school head banned all sports activity at the school.

I'm not arguing with the point, just that it has nothing to do with this situation. It's consumer rights, you've paid for a product and it hasn't been delivered so you should be entitled to a refund.

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

It's already been paid for so, as you imply, IF next season is played behind closed doors then ALL clubs in the EFL will do a deal with I Follow and display the games, if not then YES I will not expect a refund. I have spent that money it is gone, but as I said we live in a modern world where Litigation is king. 

IF in your world that event did happen, then that would be the end of Football as we know it.

As I said just curious. If the above happened and I couldn't attend any games I would expect a full refund.

As an aside you may have an issue with your keyboard, it appears to be capitalising words at random.

Edited by One De Bilde
error

Guest The Claw
22 hours ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

I would have thought that they would be legally required to offer a refund. 

I had tickets to a play at the Crucible which was cancelled due to the lockdown. They offered a refund, but invited people to consider donating their refund to the theatre. Wednesday could do something like that, then those who are willing and able could chip in.

it will depend on different people’s circumstances I suppose. Some people will have lost income and could do with the money, others may be able to afford to take the hit.

Consumer rights - refund it is