Refunds

Guest Grandad

6 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Season tickets have gone up £100 in 6 years

Which prompts me to bore on!

...£110 in the North which is £50 more than the price adjusted for the rate of inflation.  So my ticket is 10% higher than it should be based on inflation rises. They've been frozen for a couple of years too so they were even more overpriced then - probably about 15% too high. And that's just based on 2013/14 figures. 

Looking back, in 1980 it cost £1.50 to stand on the Kop - a "crazy" not in a good way price according to the papers then - that's the equivalent of £6.47 today according to the Office for National Statistics composite price index. Less than £7 for an adult to get into football.  It cost £2.80 to sit down - the princely sum of £12.09 now. A season ticket was £50 - to you today £215.82.

I'm not btw suggesting Chansiri can go back to those prices but it puts into perspective why some of us who grew up watching football in the 80s and before sometimes gasp at modern pricing when we sit back and think about it. 

Having said that maybe Coronavirus will cause a reset and we can go back to something more in line with those "crazy" prices.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

...£110 in the North which is £50 more than the price adjusted for the rate of inflation.  So my ticket is 10% higher than it should be based on inflation rises. They've been frozen for a couple of years too so they were even more overpriced then - probably about 15% too high. And that's just based on 2013/14 figures. 

Looking back, in 1980 it cost £1.50 to stand on the Kop - a "crazy" not in a good way price according to the papers then - that's the equivalent of £6.47 today according to the Office for National Statistics composite price index. Less than £7 for an adult to get into football.  It cost £2.80 to sit down - the princely sum of £12.09 now. A season ticket was £50 - to you today £215.82.

I'm not btw suggesting Chansiri can go back to those prices but it puts into perspective why some of us who grew up watching football in the 80s and before sometimes gasp at modern pricing when we sit back and think about it. 

Having said that maybe Coronavirus will cause a reset and we can go back to something more in line with those "crazy" prices.

Football prices gone mental mate .just dont think we would get many more potg if prices was lower .look at city and everton attendences 

3 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Football prices gone mental mate .just dont think we would get many more potg if prices was lower .look at city and everton attendences 

7 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

By way of comparison average cinema ticket was £1.42 in 1980 and £7.19 in 2019  - a rise roughly in line with inflation - a bit above but not too much. 

Edited by rickygoo

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Agree on the players front.

But also, not going to overlook that the Chairman is a billionaire and has been ripping us off for tickets, well, everything, since he arrived.

So think I'll be expecting something back. Which I will give to my local football team, Swallownest FC

Being a fan is unlike a consumer of any other commodity.

The chairman may be a billionaire but doesn’t help with FFP rules and refunds will just make our position even worse than it already is. 

If we see ourselves as stakeholders in the club (no matter who the chairman is or what he does, he will not be here forever however fans will be) then refunds just screw over the Club we care about. 

Turkeys voting for Xmas comes to mind. 

Not bothered about a refund for this season at the moment, however if  games are played behind closed doors then the club must be getting out of it or there would be no point in doing it

So I would want a refund if the season continues behind closed doors

will wait to see what happens with next season and the tickets I have paid for

9 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Being a fan is unlike a consumer of any other commodity.

The chairman may be a billionaire but doesn’t help with FFP rules and refunds will just make our position even worse than it already is. 

If we see ourselves as stakeholders in the club (no matter who the chairman is or what he does, he will not be here forever however fans will be) then refunds just screw over the Club we care about. 

Turkeys voting for Xmas comes to mind. 

The argument is though, that there are millions of £££’s sloshing about in the English game. The fact that it’s concentrated, by a “corrupt” system, to the benefit of a favoured minority is hardly the fault of the ordinary fan. So beggars the question - why should the ordinary fan support such a system, a system which is in fact loaded against clubs such as ours. There’s enough money in the game for it to stand on it’s own two feet.

Having seen posts during lockdown on Social Media by Kadeem Harris a bang average footballer in his absolutely massive house and cleaning his Bentley I would definitely want a refund for all games unable to attend. 

Balls to funding this obscene level of pay for games can't attend. 

• Like 1

I don’t want a refund for the remaining games this season, I spent that money ages ago and refunds for thousands of fans now would hurt the club financially.

As for next season (as I already have my ticket), if for example we weren’t allowed to attend games until 2021, I’d be happy with the money off my season ticket the following year rather than a cash refund. 

Edited by TrickyTrev

38 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Having seen posts during lockdown on Social Media by Kadeem Harris a bang average footballer in his absolutely massive house and cleaning his Bentley I would definitely want a refund for all games unable to attend. 

Balls to funding this obscene level of pay for games can't attend. 

Its thoughts like this that are making me change my mind. Why should the fans divvy up to help the club if the players don't?

What you want :-  a new west stand; better concourses; better food; better drinks; better toilet facilities; A revamped kop; new training ground; top quality players; silverware.

What you don't want :-  it's an expensive business, if you don't want pay then that's fair enough. Corona may do for us anyway in terms of a higher end team. 

6 hours ago, kobayashi said:

So we have less POTG attendees now than we had then, so "we was getting more".

How you work that out

13 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

Might sound a daft question but if I bought my ST on finance where would the refund come from. SWFC or the finance company ?

If you've purchased your season ticket with the Owls MasterCard can you claim a section 75 refund as per the consumer credit act?, there should be no reason why you can't.

Refund all day long. Works out at £115 for me and the lad. Far better off in my pocket...... I bet Barry bannan hasn’t had to take a mortgage holiday has he? 

I have, so call me what you like I will take the bloody money thank you. 

Guest LittleG
9 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I don’t want a refund for the remaining games this season, I spent that money ages ago and refunds for thousands of fans now would hurt the club financially.

As for next season (as I already have my ticket), if for example we weren’t allowed to attend games until 2021, I’d be happy with the money off my season ticket the following year rather than a cash refund. 

Like you I don't want a refund for this year but if unable to attend matches until 2021, I would expect a refund on my season ticket that I've already purchased for next year.