Refunds

Guest Grandad

Guest Grandad

Following the announcement from Govt that no more games would be played in front of a crowd this season - Leeds Utd have started the ball rolling with processing refunds to season ticket holders and hospitality guests.

How does that sit with you? 

In the poll below over 1000 have voted and 2 out of 3 have suggested they want a refund for the games they won't see.

9 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

I’d want a refund for the entire season lol

Yep, they can keep the money for the games I haven't had to suffer but for the 15 home games this season in which we have failed to score a first half goal I wouldn't mind a refund!

I would have thought that they would be legally required to offer a refund. 

I had tickets to a play at the Crucible which was cancelled due to the lockdown. They offered a refund, but invited people to consider donating their refund to the theatre. Wednesday could do something like that, then those who are willing and able could chip in.

it will depend on different people’s circumstances I suppose. Some people will have lost income and could do with the money, others may be able to afford to take the hit.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

I would have thought that they would be legally required to offer a refund. 

I had tickets to a play at the Crucible which was cancelled due to the lockdown. They offered a refund, but invited people to consider donating their refund to the theatre. Wednesday could do something like that, then those who are willing and able could chip in.

it will depend on different people’s circumstances I suppose. Some people will have lost income and could do with the money, others may be able to afford to take the hit.

Agree with this completely. The club is operating without the income it expected and is losing money as it is. If thousands of season ticket holders were in a position to write off a refund on the 5 remaining home games it would help the club a little bit.

Saying that there is a feeling that it would be less of an issue to write it off it the players we had paid to see weren't still getting paid 100% of very significant salaries by the club.  

There's a few ways to look at this. If it were a gig and you'd paid £120 for and it didn't go ahead, you'd expect a refund. If it were a faulty ipod you'd bought, you'd expect your money back. 

At the same time, many fans don't want the club to suffer more financially. 

Equally, it's ridiculous to expect hard up fans to shoulder the financial burden when the players are sat there with their thousands of pounds each week for doing nothing (much like most matches since Christmas). 

Perhaps the players should refund the fans. :wacko:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Agree with this completely. The club is operating without the income it expected and is losing money as it is. If thousands of season ticket holders were in a position to write off a refund on the 5 remaining home games it would help the club a little bit.

Saying that there is a feeling that it would be less of an issue to write it off it the players we had paid to see weren't still getting paid 100% of very significant salaries by the club.  

2 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

There's a few ways to look at this. If it were a gig and you'd paid £120 for and it didn't go ahead, you'd expect a refund. If it were a faulty ipod you'd bought, you'd expect your money back. 

At the same time, many fans don't want the club to suffer more financially. 

Equally, it's ridiculous to expect hard up fans to shoulder the financial burden when the players are sat there with their thousands of pounds each week for doing nothing (much like most matches since Christmas). 

Perhaps the players should refund the fans. :wacko:

^^^^^This exactly. If the players had took a pay cut I might think differently. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yep, they can keep the money for the games I haven't had to suffer but for the 15 home games this season in which we have failed to score a first half goal I wouldn't mind a refund!

2 first half goals in 15 home games under Monk I think I read the other day. 

Guest Grandad

Agree on the players front.

But also, not going to overlook that the Chairman is a billionaire and has been ripping us off for tickets, well, everything, since he arrived.

So think I'll be expecting something back. Which I will give to my local football team, Swallownest FC

Edited by Grandad

going to be interesting how this all pans out ,if supporters of championship league 1/2 would need to refund part of season tickets along with next season and on and on tell me how 99% could afford to do that? you might not agree with me but I want supporters in ground by November ,its should be purely on whether the person going is healthy and purely down to if there comfortable going , maybe everyone could get them temp checked before entering ,stewards are quite capable of doing that , they are doing this on lots of work sites so I don't see why that cant be a feasible option. what are the other options? close all football and sport down for good? do you really want that?. 

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

2 first half goals in 15 home games under Monk I think I read the other day. 

16 if you add the Everton game and 2 in 3 games under Bullen so a total of 4 out of 19 home games in which we have scored in the first half. 

Front foot football that gets the fans behind the team!  

4 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

going to be interesting how this all pans out ,if supporters of championship league 1/2 would need to refund part of season tickets along with next season and on and on tell me how 99% could afford to do that? you might not agree with me but I want supporters in ground by November ,its should be purely on whether the person going is healthy and purely down to if there comfortable going , maybe everyone could get them temp checked before entering ,stewards are quite capable of doing that , they are doing this on lots of work sites so I don't see why that cant be a feasible option. what are the other options? close all football and sport down for good? do you really want that?. 

Stewards at Hillsborough doing temperature checks on 25,000 fans? Just make sure they don't reuse the thermometers! 

Guest Grandad
12 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Stewards at Hillsborough doing temperature checks on 25,000 fans? Just make sure they don't reuse the thermometers! 

They're not rectal

Are they???

13 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Saw one being used in an airport on the news last night

It was a machine you stand in front of, from about 5 or 6 foot away and it records your temperature

Amazing technology

Owlstalk Shop

Yeah I’d be ok not having a refund for this season. Players need to play their part as well. 

It’s looking likely we won’t be allowed in a stadium for the rest of the year, so next seasons ST will need to be sorted as well. 

17 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Wouldn't matter if they reused them.

mini-raytemp-infrared-thermometer.jpg