Refunds

Guest Grandad

11 hours ago, handworth52 said:

who(would health organisation) have just said it will take 4-5 years before the pandemic can be under control . so what ive said all along is correct that this virus is here for a very long time and we should be looking at getting back to some kind of normality sometime this year . what are we supposed to do? not send our kids to school for 5 years ,not attend football for 5 years ,just lock ourselves in our houses? its just not happening . just get people safe who need to be safe , get care homes sorted im sure its possible to get them far  safer then the death rate will be well under half . if anybody thought we will do lockdown and social distancing and all will be well by October well according to who it definitely wont . get kids back to school they are safe 2 passed away out of 10 million while 340 have passed away from other illnesses in that time , yet most parents see danger when there isn't any. 

We’ll have all had it inside 2 years. 

Edited by Essix Blue

52 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Which bit are you struggling with with? If you say the total attendances are the same and there are now more ST then there must be less POTG.

How many season ticket holders was there in 2014

10 hours ago, doubleo said:

The argument is though, that there are millions of £££’s sloshing about in the English game. The fact that it’s concentrated, by a “corrupt” system, to the benefit of a favoured minority is hardly the fault of the ordinary fan. So beggars the question - why should the ordinary fan support such a system, a system which is in fact loaded against clubs such as ours. There’s enough money in the game for it to stand on it’s own two feet.

We are not supporting a system, we are supporting our club. 

The system might not be right but it is what it is. 

Whilst we have obscene salaries paid to footballers that isn’t going to change. 

In the meantime, refunds just bring the club another financial pressure under FFP it just doesn’t need. 

1 hour ago, kobayashi said:

Which bit are you struggling with with? If you say the total attendances are the same and there are now more ST then there must be less POTG.

Which bit dont ypu undetstand that the attendances are same .even if we have more season ticket holders more than like they was the people who was potg .we got about about 20k fans who will go all the time until we re doing well and in the prem that wont change

12 hours ago, One De Bilde said:

I was waiting for the first superfan quote. A sly dig at other fans who quite rightly would want to be reimbursed in one way or the other. 

I'm a season ticket holder and at present I am undecided. I can see both sides of the argument, one thing that doesn't sit comfortably is that the players are on full salary and if the club didn't at least offer refunds it would feel a little off.

Nowt to do with being a "Super fan", I am no better fan than any one else and it is childish to suggest any thing else, but I have had a S/T for the same seat for the last 50 years, and in that time I have always worked on shifts, Day, afters and nights and later 12 hrs, so I wasn't able to attend ALL the home games until I retired.

But at no time did I even think of requesting a refund for the games I could not attend and I see no reason to request one now.

It is the modern thinking of the litigation era.

Guest LondonOwl313
50 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

In the meantime, refunds just bring the club another financial pressure under FFP it just doesn’t need. 

The system will burn over this though. FFP is a self imposed constraint from the EFL, it's not a cashflow or business constraint. Therefore it plays second fiddle versus solvency concerns or crisis management. Have to remember that the EFL are the 72 clubs, so if all of them are struggling because of corona then FFP will be suspended.

Also, if a club goes bust normally they will be kicked out of the league (e.g. Bury). If all of the clubs go bust at the same time, then they won't be getting kicked out because their phoenix clubs will just get together and form a new EFL. So in essence, it doesn't matter if everyone goes bust over this. In that scenario, the owners take the first hit on their equity, then the banks who have loaned money to the clubs and then other creditors (which include the players who's contracts will be voided). I can see a massive drop in wages coming which bring them in to line with the revenues of football clubs

8 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

But at no time did I even think of requesting a refund for the games I could not attend and I see no reason to request one now.

The thing I struggle to understand is that it was only a few months back (and possibly this still happens) that our fans were screaming that we had an owner that was absolutely MINTED but couldn't spend his money due to FFP.

Fans were ranting and furious about it.

"Why can't our chairman spend his zillions of pounds?"was the cry (and still is)

"It's unfair! He's loaded. He should be able to spend his money if he wants to" was the call from fans

But this week it's "we should all not ask for refunds as we need to save our club" like we're back it the financial ashes of the 1970's or summat

It doesn't stack up..

Sorry but this whole 'I'm not going to ask for a refund' as though it's some kind of noble thing to do is ok, but then don't be coming screaming and shouting about our minted chairman not being allowed to spaff his money all over the shop.

FFS

(not aimed at you Adelph - just a point in general)

lol

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Nowt to do with being a "Super fan", I am no better fan than any one else and it is childish to suggest any thing else, but I have had a S/T for the same seat for the last 50 years, and in that time I have always worked on shifts, Day, afters and nights and later 12 hrs, so I wasn't able to attend ALL the home games until I retired.

It is the modern thinking of the litigation era.

Just out of interest then (and as I say I am undecided), as I assume you will have purchased a season ticket already for next year, say the whole of next season was played behind closed doors and you couldn't attend a game, you would still not want to be compensated in any way?

We have 2 season tickets in the South Stand, even taking into account the discount, each game is the equivalent of about £28 each, that's £280, as a small business owner I don't even earn that a week, why would I be willing to write if off, when we have players earnings tens of thousands of pounds a week?

13 hours ago, vulva said:

My rough maths indicate this would be a refund of around £2m. 

The players should take a cut, but quite a few of them are off in a few weeks anyway, so they’ve won’t even consider it. 

Yep the fact the Pigs players took a cut makes it look even worse.

I'm not saying they should take a massive cut but each of them agreeing a sensible amount would help financially and reach out to supporters.

The Crucible asked for donations, which is understandable.

The Royal Exchange in Manchester asked customers to forego refunds if they could; or if that not possible to convert to a credit note with no time limits (but refund was also available). I was very happy to go with the credit note, and if the club offered that I would take it. (Won't have an ST next season, and now the kids no longer come probably won't in future).

If I had bought for next season, I'd be looking for a refund. 

1 hour ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I get what you're saying. I'm just an ordinary fan that's pumped alot of money into Wednesday over the last 40 years (correction 50 years - I'm an old bu**er !) with Season Tickets, taking two sons for years etc etc and I don't mind parting with my hard earned cash to do that. But it really gets me when there is so much money about that the people who run the game take advantage of the tribal instincts of the football fan.  As regards FFP, or P&S, I think there will be alot of exceptions and allowances made for this season.

I can't think of anything else where you would pay £500 for something,not get it, and not expect a refund. I don't want to see any club at any level crash, least of all Wednesday, but the English game needs to take a good look at itself and maybe this is a good time to do it.

7 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

What you want :-  a new west stand; better concourses; better food; better drinks; better toilet facilities; A revamped kop; new training ground; top quality players; silverware.

What you don't want :-  it's an expensive business, if you don't want pay then that's fair enough. Corona may do for us anyway in terms of a higher end team. 

Which Chansiri could pay for without affecting FFP /P & S...

44 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

We have 2 season tickets in the South Stand, even taking into account the discount, each game is the equivalent of about £28 each, that's £280, as a small business owner I don't even earn that a week, why would I be willing to write if off, when we have players earnings tens of thousands of pounds a week?

If we're all 100% totally completely brutally honest here, the ones saying they'd not ask for a refund are doing it because they believe it makes them a better fan of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.

That's not a dig at anyone by the way, just exploring the real truth behind this thinking

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

If we're all 100% totally completely brutally honest here, the ones saying they'd not ask for a refund are doing it because they believe it makes them a better fan of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.

That's not a dig at anyone by the way, just exploring the real truth behind this thinking

Massive generalisation there Neil

18 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Yep the fact the Pigs players took a cut makes it look even worse.

I'm not saying they should take a massive cut but each of them agreeing a sensible amount would help financially and reach out to supporters.

didnt they take a pay deferral? 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The thing I struggle to understand is that it was only a few months back (and possibly this still happens) that our fans were screaming that we had an owner that was absolutely MINTED but couldn't spend his money due to FFP.

Fans were ranting and furious about it.

"Why can't our chairman spend his zillions of pounds?"was the cry (and still is)

"It's unfair! He's loaded. He should be able to spend his money if he wants to" was the call from fans

But this week it's "we should all not ask for refunds as we need to save our club" like we're back it the financial ashes of the 1970's or summat

It doesn't stack up..

Sorry but this whole 'I'm not going to ask for a refund' as though it's some kind of noble thing to do is ok, but then don't be coming screaming and shouting about our minted chairman not being allowed to spaff his money all over the shop.

FFS

(not aimed at you Adelph - just a point in general)

lol

Lets not forget that the owner has already told us 

" I tell you now, your money doesn't cover anything. "