Chris Waddle fires back again at Chansiri

Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 15.25.31.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday legend Chris Waddle has hit back at the Sheffield Wednesday chairman Dejphon Chansiri.

In a radio interview last month, Waddle described the club's predicament as a "mess" and said Chansiri had "a lot to answer for" and that he "couldn’t take criticism".

This didn't go down well with Chansiri who tackled Waddle in a recent interview with Dom Howson 

“My answer to this if anyone has something to say, which is fine, then please be constructive and with respect.

"Chris Waddle does not know how the inside of our club works, he knows very little about the Sheffield Wednesday of today other than our position in the table.

"Would he be saying the same thing if we were still in third place? What experience does he have of running a football club?

However Chris Waddle has again fired at Chansiri in a newspaper interview

"The club is a mess right now," he told The Times.

"I went to watch us at one match last year and left after 55 minutes.

"I don’t see the owner [Dejphon Chansiri] taking this club back into the promised land. Let’s hope he sells up." 

Owlstalk Shop

We all know DC he won't just stay quiet he cannot help himself,f he will try and prove a point to Waddle and end up throwing himself under the bus.

I wait to see what comes back from the chairman.

I bet Waddle is now banned from homes games too. :duntmatter:

I saw in this article the chairman suggest Chris isn't being professional. I find this very interesting because I can recall multiple times when the chairman of Sheffield Wednesday has behaved unprofessionally towards me. I cannot speak for others but can speak from my own personal experiences.

3 minutes ago, FootballTyper said:

I saw in this article the chairman suggest Chris isn't being professional. I find this very interesting because I can recall multiple times when the chairman of Sheffield Wednesday has behaved unprofessionally towards me. I cannot speak for others but can speak from my own personal experiences.

Well come on expand that, give us the details.

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Well come on expand that, give us the details.

He once fabricated a story and presented it to me during a private meeting that I was blackmailing his staff to gain inside information from them. And that someone had informed him.

When I pressed him to tell me who had told him this as I felt it was damaging to make these false claims about me, it was clear as day he had made it up. And it was clear as day to the Sheffield Wednesday employee present too.

And if it was true (which it wasn't) why was he meeting me and so on.

That's just one example.

Waddle was spot on. Says Chansiri couldn’t handle criticism and responds not being able to handle criticism. 

His response being “would he say that if we was still 3rd” to his claim about us being a mess. The answer is yes! If we was 3rd and about to receive a points deduction costing us a shot at promotion then yes it would still be a mess.

Love the fact Chris left after 55 minutes. Reyt fan, wonder if he paid to get in?

I was waxing lyrical about Waddle a few days ago & he fuc**n has to open his big geordie gob.

Wonder if Waddle remembers the state we ended up in just after he packed up. Don’t remember him kicking off about how the club was being run then, he just fuc**ed off & became a well paid pundit.

Why the fu*k ex players (legends if you will) feel the need to comment on anything to do with their ex clubs I do not know.

Hirsty, Palmer (Carlton) & now Waddle amongst others. Just let us remember them from what they did on the pitch. There’s more than enough wa*k pundits to peddle their sh*t.

Maybe have a pop at his first love the fuc**n barcodes, plenty of ammo to shoot with there, or maybe a bit too high profile for him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As much as its impossible to disagree with him (and the man is god) I don't know how I feel about t!t for tat back and forth stuff like this in the press.

If anything it just makes all parties look stupid.

Waddle made a decent point, Chansiri put forward a (rather thin) rebuttal.  Fine.  But then Waddle comes back just saying the same thing.

He's not in a position to do anything about it any more than me or anyone else on this forum.  It's just he has a louder voice in the press.

Just not bothered...

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

To be fair if Chansiri isn't permitting any other journalists than Dom Howson then I've no issues with any other pundit or journalist giving their opinions

I don't have a problem with his opinion.  Like I said, he's right.  But it just seems a  bit pointless with one saying "it's a mess" the other saying "it's not" then the first just repeating "oh yes it is".  

Waddle stating it's a mess because he went to a game and left after 55 minutes is frankly nonsense.  It's not like teams haven't had bad patches in the past.  Christ we're the poster child for bad patches.  We've had about 3 good ones in the last 20 years!

If you're going to make a point about the club being a mess you need something a bit more solid than "football was rubbish last time I went".

Just not bothered...

Just now, mattitheowl said:

I don't have a problem with his opinion.  Like I said, he's right.  But it just seems a  bit pointless with one saying "it's a mess" the other saying "it's not" then the first just repeating "oh yes it is".  

Punch & Judy men made a fortune out of it back in the day

"Ohhhhhhh nooooo it ISN'T"

"oooooohhhhh yes it IS!"

etc

lol

Agree about Waddle's 55 minute thing - not sure what point he was making there? The football's a bit rubbish? Could that be down to the players, bad eggs at the club, manager, tactics? 

I think being a bit rubbish on the pitch for 55 minutes at Hillsborough isn't the strongest point Waddle could make about the running of the club. (not when there's sooooooo much more to choose from)

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Punch & Judy men made a fortune out of it back in the day

"Ohhhhhhh nooooo it ISN'T"

"oooooohhhhh yes it IS!"

etc

lol

Agree about Waddle's 55 minute thing - not sure what point he was making there? The football's a bit rubbish? Could that be down to the players, bad eggs at the club, manager, tactics? 

I think being a bit rubbish on the pitch for 55 minutes at Hillsborough isn't the strongest point Waddle could make about the running of the club. (not when there's sooooooo much more to choose from)

Exactly.

And that's what lets Chansiri off the hook.  The arguments thrown at him are always easy to fend off because they are so superficial.

Just not bothered...