Chris Waddle fires back again at Chansiri

35 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

In all fairness Chansiri is a poor chairman and Waddle a poor football pundit. At least Waddle had a good career as a player and that’s the only thing swaying me towards him in this petty little spat. 

I think Waddle is an honest pundit that is brave enough to not blow smoke up other players’ and managers’ arses. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

How so?

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

I think Waddle is an honest pundit that is brave enough to not blow smoke up other players’ and managers’ arses. 

I just think we’ll over 90% of ex players who become pundits are poor with their knowledge of the game. Nothing against Waddle the player, just the way the game is.

18 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

I just think we’ll over 90% of ex players who become pundits are poor with their knowledge of the game. Nothing against Waddle the player, just the way the game is.

On the contrary, I think that Waddle is quite knowledgable. His “crime” might be that he seems happier to point out the flaws. 

4 hours ago, Road Runner said:

Agree with this, According to some, Thai culture is totally different to western culture around criticism. It's is classed as crude and arrogant/rude to complain/criticise in a direct form to the people causing the problem.

Thats probably why he's gives short shrift to any critical views which is his right to do, but he also needs to listen. 

Saying just sell up won't cut it, criticise with answers but not in a direct way will be more forward to DC engaging. 

Do you think he would listen to constructive criticism. 

35 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Whenever co commenting on radio 5 he is always straight to the point and fair in his assessment.

He’s not a boyhood Wednesday fan, no bias shown towards this club. 
He’s said in public what 100s If us have said on here for years.

43 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

You've got to love it...posters on here who can't usually string a sentence together and spend all their time on here slagging the club and the chairman off criticising Waddle about speaking his mind  lol

99.99999999999% of posts from you are about people 'on here'

lol

Owlstalk Shop

On 17/04/2020 at 15:56, FootballTyper said:

I saw in this article the chairman suggest Chris isn't being professional. I find this very interesting because I can recall multiple times when the chairman of Sheffield Wednesday has behaved unprofessionally towards me. I cannot speak for others but can speak from my own personal experiences.

I agree with you on this the chairman has been disrespectful to me and others I know too 

Most know the truth and Chris Waddle is completely right on it all 

16 hours ago, shandypants said:

On the contrary, I think that Waddle is quite knowledgable. His “crime” might be that he seems happier to point out the flaws. 

I agree that Waddle is a good pundit. I think he does provide technical insight and has done, especially regarding the national team, for years. 

He has, however, offered no technical insight to the running of a football club. Of course he is entitled to his opinion, that's what he's paid for. But Chansiri has a point about constructive criticism.

Chris Waddle, one of the finest players of his generation, played international and European football at the highest levels. Knows how European giants operate.

Still has more skill than 90% of our current first team. 

Chansiri

Must have missed his overwhelming experience of football before buying SWFC. 

Edited by FroggattOwls
  • Haha 1

My garden’s coming on nicely. Seedlings starting to develop. Tomatoes, courgettes, raddishes, lettuces, rocket baby satellite of love, swedes including Roland Nilsson, corn, peas, all coming on nicely.

Gardening is the new fishing, which has also been halted. What’s this football thing anyhow of which people occasionally speak nowadays?

Hope everyone is well?

Up the Sprouts.

We all hate weeds and weeds and weeds and weeds and weeds etc.

Sorry, bare roots strawberry plants to attend to.

ps - are rumours true that Neil isn’t coping well in isolation? Get well soon Neil. lol

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

In all fairness Chansiri is a poor chairman and Waddle a poor football pundit. At least Waddle had a good career as a player and that’s the only thing swaying me towards him in this petty little spat. 

I probably went over the top in my response to Waddle's comments, but this was borne out of disappointment in the fact (like numerous other ex players) he got involved in the politics of the club when I always viewed him way, way above this.

A bit like the Archbishop of Canterbury moaning about a local church's roof. (Maybe not the best analogy)!!

I wanted to remember him for his genius, not as you rightly put it for some "petty little spat".

My disappointment was compounded, in that only a couple of days earlier I had written the following in another 'Waddle' thread.

"Chris Waddle was a genius.

It's a much over used cliche, but he just was.

Whereas David Hirst was a natural athlete (before he ruined what God had given him with his lifestyle choices), Waddle had an awkward movement style, he ran 'awkwardly' & did not look like some super athletic type. (a la Bale)

Very much like John Sheridan who could hardly fuc**n walk but God, what a player. Waddle the same,just wonderful to behold.

I remember the night before one of the big Wembley games, stood on a table in the middle of Covent Garden, conducting about 5 thousand Wednesday fans for about 2 hours just singing Walking in a Waddle Wonderland. No other song, just that for hours. 

It was epic, & brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it.

Also remember Chris turning up at the Cardiff playoff joining in with all the fans.

Love him to death".

A couple of days later this "petty little spat" emerges. So just to put the record straight, my reaction was regarding his comments, (and i realise other people think he has every right so say what he likes) and not his legacy and standing as a wonderful footballer.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

I probably went over the top in my response to Waddle's comments, but this was borne out of disappointment in the fact (like numerous other ex players) he got involved in the politics of the club when I always viewed him way, way above this.

A bit like the Archbishop of Canterbury moaning about a local church's roof. (Maybe not the best analogy)!!

I wanted to remember him for his genius, not as you rightly put it for some "petty little spat".

My disappointment was compounded, in that only a couple of days earlier I had written the following in another 'Waddle' thread.

"Chris Waddle was a genius.

It's a much over used cliche, but he just was.

Whereas David Hirst was a natural athlete (before he ruined what God had given him with his lifestyle choices), Waddle had an awkward movement style, he ran 'awkwardly' & did not look like some super athletic type. (a la Bale)

Very much like John Sheridan who could hardly fuc**n walk but God, what a player. Waddle the same,just wonderful to behold.

I remember the night before one of the big Wembley games, stood on a table in the middle of Covent Garden, conducting about 5 thousand Wednesday fans for about 2 hours just singing Walking in a Waddle Wonderland. No other song, just that for hours. 

It was epic, & brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it.

Also remember Chris turning up at the Cardiff playoff joining in with all the fans.

Love him to death".

A couple of days later this "petty little spat" emerges. So just to put the record straight, my reaction was regarding his comments, (and i realise other people think he has every right so say what he likes) and not his legacy and standing as a wonderful footballer.   

Waddle or Chansiri. Hmm - let me think. 

If he didn't agree with me I suppose I might have a different opinion - but I'm happy to say I'm on God's side. But not on Brexit - he's wrong on that. 

lol

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Waddle or Chansiri. Hmm - let me think. 

If he didn't agree with me I suppose I might have a different opinion - but I'm happy to say I'm on God's side. But not on Brexit - he's wrong on that. 

lol

Nah.

You can’t pick & choose your divine proclamations.

:biggrin:

On 18/04/2020 at 19:23, Road Runner said:

Agree with this, According to some, Thai culture is totally different to western culture around criticism. It's is classed as crude and arrogant/rude to complain/criticise in a direct form to the people causing the problem.

Thats probably why he's gives short shrift to any critical views which is his right to do, but he also needs to listen. 

Saying just sell up won't cut it, criticise with answers but not in a direct way will be more forward to DC engaging. 

Part of Thai culture is based on the respect given to elders, which is great because I don't have to listen to whinging youngsters wishing me dead because 'you had it easy'.  That's the good part, but I invest in a business out here and even asking an awkward question is frowned upon. One of my business partners has a 'degree' in business studies and even after 9 years of me explaining the difference between turnover/Gross/net, they still don't accept my analysis of the business and will quite often be 'offended'/ throw a tantrum.

I'm glad I was around  in the 90's for the last bit of glory we witnessed. To think anyone under 25 has never experienced the highs of a once 'top' (ish) club.

• Thanks 1