Chris Waddle fires back again at Chansiri

Thanks Chris for reading my comments about the owner over the last few years. 

I've been predicting this mess since the owners second season in charge. 

Sadly its taken this long  for enough people to realise what is really happening at the club. It that time the damage has got much worse and the problems run even deeper now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Since the turn of this dreadful year, no one who was unfortunate enough to visit Hillsborough & experience us play (loose term), sample the atmosphere (terrible/depressing/lack of), see the crowd exodus at half time, would describe this club as being in anything other than a mess, in fact a 'right mess'. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Why so defensive?  Maybe he cares about the club and feels it’s important to speak out - I’m sure he has a bit more insight of what goes on behind the scenes than the average fan.  I’ve left a game after an hour or so before (Everton in 1996 I think) and whilst I’m not particularly proud of the fact, I don’t think that makes me any less of a fan.

As far as having “a pop at his first love” goes, his boyhood team was Sunderland as far as I’m aware.

Good response mate.

You want to be careful though. Setting out a reasoned counter argument to respond to a point you don’t agree with could catch on. 

Having said that, maybe not.

The ‘opinionated with no opinion’ with their beloved little red arrow will still hold sway. 

After all, much easier to press one button than to actually have to think, use words & construct whole sentences & paragraphs & stuff!!

;-)

18 hours ago, FootballTyper said:

I saw in this article the chairman suggest Chris isn't being professional. I find this very interesting because I can recall multiple times when the chairman of Sheffield Wednesday has behaved unprofessionally towards me. I cannot speak for others but can speak from my own personal experiences.

He isn't a 'professional' in the first place is he though. As everyone, even he, agrees.

He's an emotional owner operating in a second language and in a different culture to how he has been brought up.

Plenty of things to criticise him on but I would cut him some slack on the accuracy of his english idioms. 

12 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

as ive said for some months now in the short to medium term we need chansiri without him club would go bust yes 90% his doing but facts are a 40 plus million wage bill don't get paid by our turnover. and who in this present climate would be buying football clubs? 

And there’s the rub. We need him because he’s been so poo. 

45 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Good response mate.

You want to be careful though. Setting out a reasoned counter argument to respond to a point you don’t agree with could catch on. 

Having said that, maybe not.

The ‘opinionated with no opinion’ with their beloved little red arrow will still hold sway. 

After all, much easier to press one button than to actually have to think, use words & construct whole sentences & paragraphs & stuff!!

;-)

Fair enough - I don’t always agree with your posts, but content is usually a good read, often thought-provoking and never dull.

• Thanks 1

To be fair to Chansiri, he said be constructive with criticism and Waddle has come back again and not been. No suggestion of how the club could be run, just saying it's a mess. Waddle says Chansiri can't take criticism but what is he supposed to do when people just tell him to sell up and wee wee off?

1 hour ago, Nero said:

He isn't a 'professional' in the first place is he though. As everyone, even he, agrees.

He's an emotional owner operating in a second language and in a different culture to how he has been brought up.

Plenty of things to criticise him on but I would cut him some slack on the accuracy of his english idioms. 

I know the chairman well enough to know what's what and what he understands and what he is suggesting.

26 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Go on then

He claims anyone who speaks out against the club, him, his staff etc. is "unprofessional."

Any form of criticism and he will suggest this is the case.

I have spoken out against Amadeu Paixao for years and he would call me "unprofessional" even though everything I say is backed up. But then if I met with him and I hadn't mentioned Amadeu for a while, he would say "Thank you for being more professional."

• Haha 2

I sussed chansiri out long ago and was shot down on here for stating the obvious to me that a serious car crash was heading our way with him in charge.

But as much as I hate to say it even though this mess is all his own doing we need his millions to see us through this mess more than ever before

1 hour ago, vulture_squadron said:

To be fair to Chansiri, he said be constructive with criticism and Waddle has come back again and not been. No suggestion of how the club could be run, just saying it's a mess. Waddle says Chansiri can't take criticism but what is he supposed to do when people just tell him to sell up and wee wee off?

Agree with this, According to some, Thai culture is totally different to western culture around criticism. It's is classed as crude and arrogant/rude to complain/criticise in a direct form to the people causing the problem.

Thats probably why he's gives short shrift to any critical views which is his right to do, but he also needs to listen. 

Saying just sell up won't cut it, criticise with answers but not in a direct way will be more forward to DC engaging. 

Guest LondonOwl313

From Chansiri’s perspective, his hearts in the right place and he’s doing everything he can to get us promoted (I.e. pumping in huge sums of money). So he then thinks that criticism is ungrateful because of how much he’s putting in.

I haven’t forgotten how hard it is to find new owners who invest. Under Milan we had nowhere near as big a budget. We struggled for years before that to find someone to buy the club, and once Milan was looking for a buyer they weren’t exactly queuing up.. we only seemed to have that Azerbaijan guy.

I honestly can’t see who’s going to want to come in and take this on now with the amount of money we lose. And I also can’t see Chansiri wanting to just write off around £100m in losses by selling up.

So we’re stuck with him. And he refuses to learn any lessons around how to run the boardroom, so the best we can hope for is we strike lucky one year and get in the play offs and go up 

23 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Saying just sell up won't cut it, criticise with answers but not in a direct way will be more forward to DC engaging. 

So criticise indirectly? How fruitful do you think that will be? Do you think he’ll say “Bugger it that reasonable indirect criticism is bang on! I will mend my ways”. 

We just have to hope he lucks out. 

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, vulture_squadron said:

It's not Waddles job to provide alternative ways to run the club

He's paid as a pundit to offer opinions. He's right about us. Chansiri has turned us into a basket case

2 hours ago, vulture_squadron said:

I think we’re lucky to have such a high profile and straight talking ex-player commenting on our situation. Waddle is held in such stead that his remarks are published in credible national broadsheets.

I try to be fair, measured and balanced in my evaluation and comment about any team or club situation with SWFC but I’m at my wit’s end now with Chansiri. I can’t really convey my frustration to the Chairman while ever Hillsborough is locked down to fans - but Waddle can and I think he’s doing it in a fair, measured and balanced way with the fans interests at heart IMHO.