First ever post

40 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Bus Trip GIFs | Tenor

There's a new user who hasn't had the opportunity to react to the gif yet. It's like printing Owlstalk points. I like the way you think! 

lol

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Thurcroft owl 72 said:

First match millwall at home oct 79 won 2-0 i think. Hooked straight away. Loved big jack

Can I just say a big up to the CLDC Forestry Gang of '79

I'd spent months trying to lure those fellas into a works outing and this game  ^  was eventually it

Chosen in part because one of 'em ('Fat John') was a Millwall fan who'd moved up north from Lewisham - only he bottled out at the last minute

Not so the others - Pete, Nat & Kiwi Bryan -  we had a blinding night

A good win followed by a session in The Travellers at Oxspring before a failed search for a late fish supper

*actually screeched to a halt outside a shop in Huddersfield that still had their lights on

bloke let us in but guessed the fryers would be cold - to prove it, he took a chip out, bit it in half, shook his head and then spat it back in    :unsure:

I too am a new member, been reading for a while. I live in toytown now but as my name suggests my roots are in S5. Can't remember my first game but first away day was 19/2/73 in a F.A cup 4th round 2nd replay against Palace at Villa Park, we won 3.2 aet and i got a clip from my Dad for running on the pitch at the end.

• Like 1

Just now, Five Archers said:

I too am a new member, been reading for a while. I live in toytown now but as my name suggests my roots are in S5. Can't remember my first game but first away day was 19/2/73 in a F.A cup 4th round 2nd replay against Palace at Villa Park, we won 3.2 aet and i got a clip from my Dad for running on the pitch at the end.

Hey up

Welcome to the site!

We won't hold living in Toytown against you

lol

Thanks for joining and dont' forget to check out all the other hidden sections of the site that you couldn't see before you joined!

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Hey up

Welcome to the site!

We won't hold living in Toytown against you

lol

Thanks for joining and dont' forget to check out all the other hidden sections of the site that you couldn't see before you joined!

Thanks mate thats good of you, will have a good look round nowt else to do atm

10 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Welcome Thurcroft Owl, you started going the same year i did. 

I feel sorry for the younger fans who missed out on the fantastic experience of the late 70s and entire 80s.

And i feel sorry for myself having to watch the last 20 years but hey ho.

Enjoy your stay. 

From a neighbour, Dinno Owl.

10 hours ago, Thurcroft owl 72 said:

Whiston now but thurcroft for the first 32 years. Never liked dinno!

Fight.jpg.e32ae102a49afa90d262483a32994b48.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Five Archers said:

More wednesday than Rotherham in this here toytown. Always has been

6 minutes ago, Thurcroft owl 72 said:

Its where the hate comes from

And Radio Sheffield's Football Heaven is the platform where the likes of Paul the Miller,Keith etc can spout their anti Wednesday Bile. Keith is really two faced when starts saying on one hand that he wants all clubs to do well and on the other constantly puts the boot into SWFC.:tango:

1 minute ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

And Radio Sheffield's Football Heaven is the platform where the likes of Paul the Miller,Keith etc can spout their anti Wednesday Bile. Keith is really two faced when starts saying on one hand that he wants all clubs to do well and on the other constantly puts the boot into SWFC.:tango:

They don't even know why they hate wednesday. They can't accept it's jealousy. But that's all it is

2 minutes ago, Thurcroft owl 72 said:

They don't even know why they hate wednesday. They can't accept it's jealousy. But that's all it is

No doubt if and when Football returns,they'll be round at S6 again with their collection buckets.:tango:

• Haha 1

looks like I'm the third "fresher" on the thread, long time observer 1st time poster.

first mach Vs Leicester City at Hillsborough 1-1 draw 1966

then a lifetime of ups and downs (lots of downs)

home and away all my life, still a season ticket holder on the Kop and do 15 to 20 away games every season.

stand outs

Blackburn away div 3 Ticker and spider scoring

Exeter away, finally on the way back

Sealand Road, can anyone smell burning?

Oldham away - less said

the glorious 90s 

right through to the start of this season  -its the hope that gets to you

• Like 1