First ever post

Another newcomer here.

Tried to join various times but for some reason or other it didn't work, Owlstalk must've lowered the membership criteria or something.

Born in Sheffield, but moved a very long time ago and now living on the south coast, so only get to a handful of games each season.

First game was in 1969 I think, a 1-0 victory over Burnley thanks to an Eric Potts goal. Was too young to realise how bad we were through the early /mid 70s and just enjoyed going to as many games as I could, Was in attendance for the Boxing Day Massacre and took the day off school to watch us in the game against Santos... Memories!

Will take a look around the rest of the site now.

2 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

Another newcomer here.

Tried to join various times but for some reason or other it didn't work, Owlstalk must've lowered the membership criteria or something.

Born in Sheffield, but moved a very long time ago and now living on the south coast, so only get to a handful of games each season.

First game was in 1969 I think, a 1-0 victory over Burnley thanks to an Eric Potts goal. Was too young to realise how bad we were through the early /mid 70s and just enjoyed going to as many games as I could, Was in attendance for the Boxing Day Massacre and took the day off school to watch us in the game against Santos... Memories!

Heya!

Thanks for joining the site.

The registration thingy wasn't working for about a year so the issue was our end on that one..

Never saw Eric Potts play - was he skillful like Forestieri?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Heya!

Thanks for joining the site.

The registration thingy wasn't working for about a year so the issue was our end on that one..

Never saw Eric Potts play - was he skillful like Forestieri?

lol

I was just a kid back then, so to me he was fantastic. I was easily pleased though, my first hero was Brian Joicey!

2 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

I was just a kid back then, so to me he was fantastic. I was easily pleased though, my first hero was Brian Joicey!

I've not seen him play either.. 

I guess I only really fully started around the time of Gary Shelton and Gary Bannister and Big Jack I reckon

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, OriginalAlien said:

Another newcomer here.

Welcome to the OT Madhouse.lol

Shelton and Bannister were fantastic, but for those of us slightly older and i am presuming original Alien is around the same vintage as me the likes of

Hugh Dowd, David Sunley and Roger Wylde were my heroes

simpler days, mad thing is i like everyone else yearn for success, cups and promotion but the times i have enjoyed best have been when we are really shiit