Is this legitimate??

Guest Ash76
2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Are the few fans mention the usual rent a mob who clap like performing seals at Chansiri's every word, if so the whole thing is completely pointless.

Yeah they're all clappers that have actually taken time to email the club of their concerns rather than ranting on an internet forum about everything being 5h1t

FFS

24 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Yeah they're all clappers that have actually taken time to email the club of their concerns rather than ranting on an internet forum about everything being 5h1t

FFS

Hand picked questions selected , non controversial probably , and answers already prepared before the meeting. 

Waste of time. 

I have to step in at this point and say that the chairman will NOT hand pick questions beforehand, that those who sent in questions have NOT been vetted beforehand to make sure happy clappers only are invited

Let's be fair

People concerned about their club emailed the chairman their comments and questions and have been invited in to discuss

No preselection of questions or vetting of people beforehand

Owlstalk Shop

I applaud the direct approach of inviting folk in, I know he’s done it before previously. But he should probably concentrate on getting a clear message out to the whole fan base rather than just a handful of fans. Or do both. But communicate with the fan base sooner rather than later. 

Edited by bigdan2003

18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

They are fans who have sent the chairman questions about the club recently 

Some live too far away to attend 

Some are too scared to attend

Some are going along for a chat 

....and free tuna sarnies.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I have to step in at this point and say that the chairman will NOT hand pick questions beforehand, that those who sent in questions have NOT been vetted beforehand to make sure happy clappers only are invited

Let's be fair

People concerned about their club emailed the chairman their comments and questions and have been invited in to discuss

No preselection of questions or vetting of people beforehand

Aye, but does that not imply a possibility that the eventual invitations will be made to the persons who submit comments or questions that he wishes to discuss? I know that there's a possibility that is not the case but, on the balance of probability, I wouldn't think so.

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Aye, but does that not imply a possibility that the eventual invitations will be made to the persons who submit comments or questions that he wishes to discuss? I know that there's a possibility that is not the case but, on the balance of probability, I wouldn't think so.

From my experience and from talking to people at the club there's no pre-vetting usually at all. They just extend invites out via email to people who have sent in correspondance. There's certainly no fear of tough or probing questions being asked

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

From my experience and from talking to people at the club there's no pre-vetting usually at all. They just extend invites out via email to people who have sent in correspondance. There's certainly no fear of tough or probing questions being asked

OK, I am still a little sceptical but I am happy to give you and him the benefit of the doubt as I have no proof one way or the other.

Suggested questions for anyone going:

Not just to establish what exactly Paxos role is within the club, but what does DC think of the advice he has been given? If involved with transfers, what is his opinion given the vast majority have turned out to be utter shiite and have ruined us and DC financially. Will this therefore bring about a change of approach and if so what?

As we were asked to pay very high prices to fund top earners in attempt to achieve promotion, now that a lot of top earners will be off the books by next season, can we expect reduced POTG prices to be introduced?

What's he going to do to encourage new young fans to Wednesday,  we run the risk of losing a generation to Utd given the current paths both clubs are on?

What are his plans should we get relegated which looks likely if we get a points deduction?

Will Monk or his replacement be able to bring in coaching staff?

What are his views on some senior players being frozen out especially when the team is performing so poorly?

Finally and more importantly, what's he doing about the lack of Hendo's to accompany pies, pasties and Bovril?

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure what your point is

Is it that those emailing in questions who have been invited in MUST attend?

Or is it that whilst Wednesday are plummeting down the league, whilst there is an EFL/FFP decision hanging over us that could relegate us and ban our chairman from being a chairman in the league, that we should welcome the chairman taking in a handful of fans for a private chat (doesn't even want it on social media that the meetings are taking place) instead of a) working to fix the mess we are in or b) communicating effectively and directly to the WHOLE fanbase?

Which one did you mean?

Fans that have made legitimate queries to the club and its ownership via email have been invited to a face to face meeting with the chairman where he will answer those questions and I would expect any further questions arising from those answers in the hope of explaining his actions, the clubs direction and possibly setting a few minds at rest.

What is it about this process you disagree with?

The alternative is releasing a club statement that will inevitably kick up further questions or setting up an owlstalk account & wading through this cesspit arguing the throw without getting anywhere. What would be your suggestion on a more effective way of communicating to fans that have asked questions of the club other than look them in the eye & answer them face to face?

Should he read the message boards & answer every lunatic with a snappy username & a big gob or just the emails directly sent to him by fans?

Hope that clears it up for you.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Fans that have made legitimate queries to the club and its ownership via email have been invited to a face to face meeting with the chairman where he will answer those questions and I would expect any further questions arising from those answers in the hope of explaining his actions, the clubs direction and possibly setting a few minds at rest.

What is it about this process you disagree with?

The alternative is releasing a club statement that will inevitably kick up further questions or setting up an owlstalk account & wading through this cesspit arguing the throw without getting anywhere. What would be your suggestion on a more effective way of communicating to fans that have asked questions of the club other than look them in the eye & answer them face to face?

Should he read the message boards & answer every lunatic with a snappy username & a big gob or just the emails directly sent to him by fans?

Hope that clears it up for you.

Thanks mate that clarifies it perfectly for me.

Hard to say what the answer is

Fans Forums are a rugby scrum of sycophancy and the only challenging questions pressed on are around women’s football and pies on the North Stand (in amongst the standing ovations by those attending for the chairman who has saved the club etc)

Replying to individual emails seems like a monstrous waste of time and resources which I’m sure even those emailing in would agree would be better spent working to sort the club out instead of emailing Barry from Parson Cross to tell him Pelupessy is a valued member of the squad so we can’t execute him.

This chairman should never even read this site never mind join it - it’s for fans not for chairmen - and even if he be some the most active member it would still only reach a percentage of our fanbase 

So looks to me like the only real answer is to start a new feature on the official channels to respond to fan concerns via the official website, and emailers to all fans registered with the club.

Of course the majority of concerns and issues that fans have could and would probably disappear if the club had a more open, honest, and regular communication strategy.

Either Trevor at the club isn’t being listened to by the chairman or Trevor is advising this mad current comms strategy - either way it needs to change and change FAST

Owlstalk Shop

21 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

It will just be the typical shambles where he won’t be asked any tough questions and he will only listen to people that praise him. Nothing more than a PR stunt to give his ego a boost. If by some miracle people from here are going please ask him why Monk hasn’t been able to bring his own staff in? Will he be able to in the summer. Also if we get relegated will he see it as him failing and therefore leave the club? And a few questions about what exactly Paxo does within the club. Thanks. 

Why not email him yourself and ask ?   He might finally be able to put your mind at rest and say it’s ‘not going to be Bullen’ aswell 

3 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Hand picked questions selected , non controversial probably , and answers already prepared before the meeting. 

Waste of time. 

Stop talking absolute shi5te,  get the chaiman emailed and get ur invite 

Hand picked questions ??  What a pathetic accusation ,  half the people that are happy to sit behind a keyboard and gob off at everything he does or doesn’t do 110% don’t have the spine to go and meet him face to face 

How embarrassing 

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thanks mate that clarifies it perfectly for me.

Hard to say what the answer is

Fans Forums are a rugby scrum of sycophancy and the only challenging questions pressed on are around women’s football and pies on the North Stand (in amongst the standing ovations by those attending for the chairman who has saved the club etc)

Replying to individual emails seems like a monstrous waste of time and resources which I’m sure even those emailing in would agree would be better spent working to sort the club out instead of emailing Barry from Parson Cross to tell him Pelupessy is a valued member of the squad so we can’t execute him.

This chairman should never even read this site never mind join it - it’s for fans not for chairmen - and even if he be some the most active member it would still only reach a percentage of our fanbase 

So looks to me like the only real answer is to start a new feature on the official channels to respond to fan concerns via the official website, and emailers to all fans registered with the club.

Of course the majority of concerns and issues that fans have could and would probably disappear if the club had a more open, honest, and regular communication strategy.

Either Trevor at the club isn’t being listened to by the chairman or Trevor is advising this mad current comms strategy - either way it needs to change and change FAST

Whilst I agree that generally the information coming out of the club is poor I don’t really see how regular updates from would be any different from the sanitised, PR managed tripe you get from every other club.

What do we expect them to say?

FFP - there’s no fresh news so it would be a reiteration of previous comms.

Form - it would be an expression of disappointment at the clubs bad run and a vote of confidence for Monk which would inevitably kick up more speculation.

Hutch/Westwood - Monk has explained his reasons for leaving them out, do we really expect the club to air their dirty linen in public?

The role of Paxiao wouldn’t be commented on as the club would just say he’s an advisor - no other club clarifies the job roles of their employees in press releases.

The reality is, like every single other club in world football, Wednesday want to control the information coming out & spin it positively or at least not negatively. 
The fact that he’s having this thing surely demonstrates that DC at least wants to get some of the story out there, just a little more on the down low  rather than an official statement.

Edited by Yellowbelly

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I have thanks. 

did he handpick your email into the spam box because it was a tricky question ?