Fernando

27 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

How many minutes has 31 year old Kieran Lee missed in our last 136 games, yet he was given a new contract?

Do you consider Lee's contract as 'lunacy' as well.

I'm not saying that I think granting Lee a contract was wrong, by the way, just using it as comparison.

2470 minutes so yes.

Guest LittleG
4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Our last 136 league games.

Played 2690 mins = 30 games

Missed 9550 mins = 106 games

A new contract for this 30 year old from this ailing club would be lunacy.

As a matter of interest how many games has he started or come on as sub?

14 hours ago, A12owl said:

Whenever he has been given a chance he has shown more enthusiasm and effort than most others. Some fans needle seems to be stuck on the same record and will never give FF any credit.

From Chief  Executive Forestieri fan club.

And some fans will profess that that sun shines out of some players buttcracks whatever they do. 

I dont want to play today. Can I have a pay rise. The fans love me.

:Chansiri:

I think we all assume this will be Forestieri's last year with us.

Over his time here, there's been injury injuries, disciplinary issues, off-the field issues and also, at times, his attitude has been called into question.

But something I was thinking about the other day... Forestieri has been here for five managers. And all five of those managers has trusted him, and selected him when he's been available. 

We've seen two managers isolate and exile two other players who has been plagued with similar issues during the same timeframe...but Forestieri has always been selected, when available. 

So perhaps issues over his attitude have been overplayed by us, the fans. I hold my hands up, I've been one of those, who at times, have criticised him for his desire to play for the club. But, given two manager's have bombed two players with similar (although not identical) issues, maybe I, and others, have got it wrong.

If Monk can get Forestieri performing regularly, maybe his future here isn't set in concrete as we all believe. Who knows, but out of all of those higher earners out of contract at the end of the season, as it stands, Forestieri perhaps has the best chance of earning a new deal. 

That's not me saying, I think he should get a new deal. But I think Monk will give him every opportunity to earn one.

Edited by frastheowl

3 hours ago, poite said:

Hilarious stuff. Comes and plays one decent game and now it's a case of hoping he continues for the next couple of months to give him a new deal...

And then people wonder why we are in the position we now. 

One of our highest earners who offers absolutely nothing 85% of the time. Should be one of the first out of the door

FF has been decent since coming back, not just yesterday. 

I do wonder where he will end up though 

My approach to Forestieri is to enjoy him when I can and try not to get too wound up about the dafter stuff. He’s massively talented, probably the most naturally gifted player we’ve had since the 90s, but he must be up there as one of the most frustrating too.

He played well on Saturday given the pretty massive task of leading the line on his own, he deserved his goal. With my pragmatic hat on, I’d say that owing to his age, wage and injury issues we’d be wise not to give him a new deal. We’d have a job replacing that spark though.

8 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Started 27

Subbed on 12

Unused sub 6

Absent 91

Any club owner has to be looking for players that can play a high percentage of games. It’s not rocket science. 

The record above demonstrates in clear terms why we can’t offer players like FF new contracts. 

If he is regularly injured prone (ignoring other issues like discipline etc) then we just have to offload. 

It’s basic economics - we need to minimise the passengers on big money. 

3 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Any club owner has to be looking for players that can play a high percentage of games. It’s not rocket science. 

The record above demonstrates in clear terms why we can’t offer players like FF new contracts. 

If he is regularly injured prone (ignoring other issues like discipline etc) then we just have to offload. 

It’s basic economics - we need to minimise the passengers on big money. 

Absolutely spot on.

6 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Doesn’t matter how good they are if they are not on the pitch 

Apologies if I’ve done this before. 

As a player Tommy Doherty went to see the Preston manager . “I want a rise. I get £20 per week in season, but only £14 in the Summer. Tom Finney gets £20 all year round”.

Manager “ But Finney is better than you”.

Doherty “ Not in the Summer he isn’t”.

• Haha 1