Fernando

12 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Funny how he’s looking sharp and injury free for the first time in years as it comes up to contract time. 

Often happens, but surely putting himself in the shop window for a contract elsewhere. As long as we benefit for the last dozen or so games.

24 minutes ago, A12owl said:

The reason he gets injured mostly is due to opposition using heavy tactics to stop him. He gets kicked all over the place and over time has obviously acquired injuries which have weakened his legs.

Agreed he isn't the player he was but still better than most that we have in skill levels.

From Chief  Executive Forestieri fan club.

Yes, but whatever the reason is for his poor appearance record the fact remains we pay him a lot of money for fewer games that what we would agree is acceptable. His talent is beyond question but you need to be able to couple that with consistency and we’ve not had that Forestieri for too long. 
Let’s not be sad that it’s over, let’s appreciate that we had him in the first place.

Edited by Yellowbelly
Spelling idiot

55 minutes ago, striker said:

Often happens, but surely putting himself in the shop window for a contract elsewhere. As long as we benefit for the last dozen or so games.

Course it does, makes me laugh how he’s being painted as some kind of hero when in reality he’s one of the biggest drains in resource we’ve been lumbered with over the last few years 

58 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Our last 136 league games.

Played 2690 mins = 30 games

Missed 9550 mins = 106 games

A new contract for this 30 year old from this ailing club would be lunacy.

I fully expect a meltdown on here if he leaves in the summer.

Was good yesterday, for me MOTM. I just wish he was more consistent. Can’t help but feel in the back of my mind he’s only trying now to earn a new contract. Let’s hope he can continue like he performed today and if he does get a new contract that he plays like we know he can do. 

Needs to go alongside just about every other out of contract player in the summer bar Morgan Fox.

Overpaid, petulant and he cannot be relied upon. He is a great talent but we need to be absolutely ruthless in the summer and rebuild this squad with hungry, young and athletic players on sensible wages. Old model has failed and the old guard need to be replaced. 

14 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

People talk about Dawson, Fox, Joey, Rhodes etc being made scapegoats. With no actual evidence, to suggest the accusations made over the last couple of seasons are true, this guy has been a huge scapegoat. The only difference is this guy is a quality football player. 

Agreed...best player we have by a country mile

15 hours ago, General_Grievous said:

Probably my fav player of the past five years or so. So pleased with him and for him today. Really showed a fine attitude and desire to succeed

would love him to continue in this vein for the rest of the season and for us to give him another year

yeah but his goal was only a penalty...apparently  they don’t count to some on here. 

Edited by Wednesday_Jack

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Our last 136 league games.

Played 2690 mins = 30 games

Missed 9550 mins = 106 games

A new contract for this 30 year old from this ailing club would be lunacy.

How many minutes has 31 year old Kieran Lee missed in our last 136 games, yet he was given a new contract?

Do you consider Lee's contract as 'lunacy' as well.

I'm not saying that I think granting Lee a contract was wrong, by the way, just using it as comparison.

Hilarious stuff. Comes and plays one decent game and now it's a case of hoping he continues for the next couple of months to give him a new deal...

And then people wonder why we are in the position we now. 

One of our highest earners who offers absolutely nothing 85% of the time. Should be one of the first out of the door

Edited by poite

12 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

How many minutes has 31 year old Kieran Lee missed in our last 136 games, yet he was given a new contract?

I'm not saying that I think granting Lee a contract was wrong, by the way, just using it as comparison.

I'd love to see Lees weekly wage in comparison to Fernando in that case

25 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

If FF will accept a 1 year contract like Lee on the same money as Lee I would consider keeping him

Edited by oldishowl
  • Haha 1