Fletcher & Rhodes - Impressive

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Hull the formation didnt work. Hence my point. 

How many times could Monk have picked the dream Partnership then but choose not to.

lol

Glad you raised that. 

Hull at home is actually a really good case to look at.

Even though it’s the ONLY time you could argue that Rhodes-Fletcher didn’t work.

First 45...Nuhiu-Winnal in a 442 - we stank the house out

45 to 60...Fletcher-Winnall - didn’t lay a glove on Hull

60 to 90 - yes we didn’t score but actually if you recall or watch back we threatened quite a lot but were inches away from one or other forward netting on several occasions.

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Glad you raised that. 

Hull at home is actually a really good case to look at.

Even though it’s the ONLY time you could argue that Rhodes-Fletcher didn’t work.

First 45...Nuhiu-Winnal in a 442 - we stank the house out

45 to 60...Fletcher-Winnall - didn’t lay a glove on Hull

60 to 90 - yes we didn’t score but actually if you recall or watch back we threatened quite a lot but were inches away from one or other forward netting on several occasions.

Rhodes not been injured at all this season has he. So there is probably three or four times as many times they could have been played together but didnt then they actually did.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Rhodes not been injured at all this season has he. So there is probably three or four times as many times they could have been played together but didnt then they actually did.

I’m not sure you can blame Rhodes for our performances in the games where he didn’t feature.

On OT players get better when they don’t play. This would be a first for one to get worse.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

I’m not sure you can blame Rhodes for our performances in the games where he didn’t feature.

On OT players get better when they don’t play. This would be a first for one to get worse.

My point is if this is as great a partnership as you say it is why are we only using it about a third of the time we could be.

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

I remember Andy Pearce scoring in 3 consecutive games in January 1994, but got only 1 in his other 80 appearances.

I remember Dominic Iorfa scoring 3 in his first 7 games for us, then 1 in 32 since.

I remember Lawrie Madden scoring 3 in 5 games during October 1983, but got only 2 in his other 256 appearances.

I remember Andy Sinton scoring 3 goals in his first 2 games in September 1993, then 0 in the other 63.

I remember Nigel Pearson scoring 12 goals in 51 games during 1990/1 but only 8 in his other 166 appearances.

I remember Regi Blinker scoring 2 on his debut in March 1996, then only 1 in his other 44 appearances.

Welcome to the world of outliers in statistics.

To further your point "There are lies, there are damned lies and then there are statistics"

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

My point is if this is as great a partnership as you say it is why are we only using it about a third of the time we could be.

Well to be fair to Monk he was robbed of it immediately following the Forest game. No doubt he would have stuck with it for several weeks after had a Fletcher not had that dodgy kebab.

• Haha 1

There is such a thing in statistics called a confidence limit. 95% confidence is usually the go to number and I think this represents a 1 in 20 chance of the event NOT happening.

I'm not sure the sample is large enough to be statistically significant but I can't be bothered (ie. haven't got a clue how) to work it out.

Having said this I reckon it would be wise to try Wickham or da Cruz with Fletcher before reverting to Rhodes as da Cruz has looked like he can at least run and Wickham needs to get some match fitness before judging.

Having seen the thread title and starter I don’t think the content could have been any more predicable. 

Thankfully we’ve brought in a few players now and got Forestieri back. This means we have more attacking options than seeing if a real life extrapolation of Rhodes’ performances means he gets any less garbage. 

9 hours ago, Holmowl said:

This came up earlier discussing briefly with @Inspector Lestrade and @gurujuan

who were pretty dismissive of anyone who has partnered Fletcher this season.

Here’s the Fletcher-Rhodes pairing this season:-

Millwall Away - 25 minutes - no team goals

Swansea Home - 7 minutes - 1 team goal

Brentford Home - 45 minutes - 2 team goals - Fletcher 2

Derby Away - 72 minutes - 1 team goal - Fletcher

Forest Away - 87 minutes - 4 team goals - Fletcher Rhodes 3

Hull  Home - 30 minutes - no team goals

266 minutes in tandem

8 team goals 

Team goal every 33 minutes (compared to every 82 minutes otherwise)

Fletcher 4 goals

Rhodes 3 goals

As soon as Fletcher is back I hope this is given a few games to see if this really promising early courtship could blossom into a fabulous long-lasting marriage.

it's not just Lestrade and gurujuan who've been 'dismissive' with the exception of florest so have the division's defences.

Go back to 14th and 15th December, and read what most posters were saying about Fletcher and Rhodes as a partnership.

How much have they played together since?

30 minutes.

Yet some of you give up on it because Rhodes has been awful with Nuhiu and Winnall.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Go back to 14th and 15th December, and read what most posters were saying about Fletcher and Rhodes as a partnership.

How much have they played together since?

30 minutes.

Yet some of you give up on it because Rhodes has been awful with Nuhiu and Winnall.

Whether it is good or not. Do you honestly see it happening now we have so many different options in attack. 

Realistically we will see Wickham, Da Cruz, Forestieri and maybe even Windass playing off Fletcher before we see Rhodes with him again.

I think now we have Wickham it will be him and Fletcher that start together most games for us.

12 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Whether it is good or not. Do you honestly see it happening now we have so many different options in attack. 

Realistically we will see Wickham, Da Cruz, Forestieri and maybe even Windass playing off Fletcher before we see Rhodes with him again.

I think now we have Wickham it will be him and Fletcher that start together most games for us.

I think you are probably right, but it’s a big mistake on Monk’s part if he does.