Fletcher & Rhodes - Impressive

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

And why does that matter?

(even assuming you are correct)

With Hirst & Bright, Keegan & Toshack, Hooper & Fletcher, Shearer and Sheringham etc etc etc etc...who gives a fig which of the partners was the main reason for it working?

Fletcher & Rhodes has worked this season. Why try to find excuses not to try it when it becomes available once more?

Because Rhodes is terrible.

2 minutes ago, Grassy knoll said:

Or try fletcher and Wickham 

Why “try” the unknown, when we can resurrect the 8 goals in 266 minute partnership?

And, if it works, get the PRICELESS bonus of giving the kiss of life to a £10m investment.

Is it really the partnership of Rhodes and Fletcher that is doing it though or just Monk getting his 4-4-2 tactic spot on in noticing vulnerabilities in the opposition and any strike partner with Fletcher in those particular games would have had the same results.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Is it really the partnership of Rhodes and Fletcher that is doing it though or just Monk getting his 4-4-2 tactic spot on in noticing vulnerabilities in the opposition and any strike partner with Fletcher in those particular games would have had the same results.

Good shout.

Guess which paring has easily the second best success record this season?

Fletcher-Nuhiu.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Good shout.

Guess which paring has easily the second best success record this season?

Fletcher-Nuhiu.

Problem is in the games where it hasn't worked with Rhodes and Fletcher. Rhodes has looked proper poor in, which has ultimately led to where he is now. Not even making the bench. 

Personally I think Monk discovered what I discovered ages ago that it's more down the the tactics in place that suit Fletcher and the team and anyone could have partnered him and been equally as good.

How many games could Rhodes have potentially partnered Fletcher this season but hasn't.????

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Problem is in the games where it hasn't worked with Rhodes and Fletcher. Rhodes has looked proper poor in, which has ultimately led to where he is now. Not even making the bench. 

Personally I think Monk discovered what I discovered ages ago that it's more down the the tactics in place that suit Fletcher and the team and anyone could have partnered him and been equally as good.

How many games could Rhodes have potentially partnered Fletcher this season but hasn't.????

Where didn’t it work?

Hull arguably.

But the other 5 games it clearly worked.

6 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I'm clearly taking the piss.

You're behaving like you actually believe this arse gravy.

er, I know you are.

Do I believe it Fletcher-Rhodes has worked this season ? Christ yes.

Should it be tried for a few games? Doh!