Fletcher & Rhodes - Impressive

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

We are sat on a 10m loss. 

Monk found/fell upon a way to use him which saw us score and win. 

Of all the foolhardy financial decisions we’ve made in the last five seasons, not seeing if we can eat into that £10million would be right up there.

Imagine, it continues to work, and his price tag goes from zero to £4 or £5m.

How many managers haven’t fancied him? 

Karanka

Carlos

Jos

Bruce

Bullen

Farke - to a lesser degree

Monk

He’s not been able to get on the bench when we’ve had several injuries and players like Hutchinson have been frozen out. Monk has rather had Ozase and Hunt on the bench - granted they play in different positions. Time is up for Jordan, unfortunately.

Given the recent loan signings, I don’t see how he can make the 18 now for the rest of the season.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

How many managers haven’t fancied him? 

Karanka

Carlos

Jos

Bruce

Bullen

Farke - to a lesser degree

Monk

He’s not been able to get on the bench when we’ve had several injuries and players like Hutchinson have been frozen out. Monk has rather had Ozase and Hunt on the bench - granted they play in different positions. Time is up for Jordan,

unfortunately.

Given the recent loan signings, I don’t see how he can make the 18 now for the rest of the season.

Not the point.

Would you have split up Fletcher-Rhodes IMMEDIATELY after these results?

Brentford 2-1

Derby 1-1

Forest 4-0

with all 7 goals scored by the partnership?

Would you?

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Not the point.

Would you have split up Fletcher-Rhodes IMMEDIATELY after these results?

Brentford 2-1

Derby 1-1

Forest 4-0

with all 7 goals scored by the partnership?

Would you?

Stats can be misleading. I prefer to analyse a performance of a player based on what I see with my eyes. Trust me, it hasn’t been good looking at Jordan since January 2017. Our performances have declined given fletcher has been injured - he was sensational for us before his injury. 

On 22/02/2020 at 13:28, steveraper said:

Your sample is just too small to make any comparisons:

You include one game where Rhodes scored 3 goals, he's scored zero the rest of the season. Exclude that game and what's the ratio? Whatever it is, it's based on less than two full games of play. 

Do the same for Dawson/Fletcher and Westwood/Fletcher - Dawson and Fletcher make a much better partnership than Westwood / Fletcher. Therefore, don't pick Westwood if Fletcher is playing.

Fletcher and Rhodes together against teams in the second half of the alphabet have a goal in about 20% of the time as against teams in the first half of the alphabet. Therefore, only pick them together when playing teams in the second half of the alphabet.

I could probably find lots more of these. Sorry.

Just realised. You’ve based this on this season, not the full 3 seasons I used later in the thread. 

Must admit I was surprised that a stats teacher would dismiss a comparison based over almost 3 full seasons.

On 22/02/2020 at 19:49, Bouncing Owl said:

Stats can be misleading. I prefer to analyse a performance of a player based on what I see with my eyes. Trust me, it hasn’t been good looking at Jordan since January 2017. Our performances have declined given fletcher has been injured - he was sensational for us before his injury. 

Trust me. If you watched JUST the footage of Rhodes partnering Fletcher, you’d be pumping. 

What teams do you know that score every 34 minutes? 

And thats what Im saying. Somehow, it clicks. Dunno why, don’t care why, but it clicks. Two savvy players, each with great movement, who seem to thrive off each other. 

I wouldn’t give Rhodes a minute alongside Winnall or FF, but with Fletcher....we score goals. 

5 hours ago, Sonny said:

*almost a total of seven full games in those three seasons

Here’s a thing.

Go and look at other pairings among our strikers and I bet you won’t find many or any with as many minutes together as Fletcher and Rhodes. Apart from Fletcher-Hooper and Joao-Nuhiu no pairing worked or got much of a spell together. 

So so yes of course I accept 7 games is not a lot to go on, but boy it worked. 

Edited by Holmowl

29 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Here’s a thing.

Go and look at other pairings among our strikers and I bet you won’t find many or any with as many minutes together as Fletcher and Rhodes. Apart from Fletcher-Hooper and Joao-Nuhiu no pairing worked or got much of a spell together. 

So so yes of course I accept 7 games is not a lot to go on, but boy it worked. 

What about Forestieri and Hooper.