Wigan want Rhodes

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

A well run, profit making organisation would make provision for writing off bad debt. 

We, on the other hand, seem to be holding out for an unlikely resolution. 

Pay him up, let him go. Irrespective of what he does in future, him being here is of benefit for either party.

I believe that from a FFP perspective anything under 2m net sales (which will be a fair amount when you consider the amount due to JR) is pretty much worthless.

So better just to loan and get some extra cashflow 

6 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I believe that from a FFP perspective anything under 2m net sales (which will be a fair amount when you consider the amount due to JR) is pretty much worthless.

So better just to loan and get some extra cashflow 

I don’t pretend to know the intricacies of FFP. 

I do know enough about writing off bad debt. 

I don’t know the impact he has on the squad in general, but if I worked alongside someone who was payed considerably more than me and their output was negligible, it wouldn’t be good for morale mine or local moral.

Anyone with an ounce of a football  brain can see the player would benefit from being away from here. I’m sure there was an article on here where the player had said he’d rather be in Norwich’s reserves than be here, big statement for someone who lives locally. 

It seems that FFP is a bigger factor than common sense, which just isn’t right.

31 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

Wigan probably recognise that if you give him the ball in the box there’s a better chance he’ll score. As oppose to our keeper hoofing the ball for him to try and win headers.. Pointless! .. they may have seen the forest game where we actually gave him something to feed off! 

Give over 

He scored one very good overhead kick 

And two tap ins our lass could have knocked in we her tìts ..

Divide that by what he's been paid n what hes brought to the team since he came to us ..

It's like Dave in Reverse.

Hes had 7 managers and been picked every season one way or another 

Rhodes has had 4 and done the sweet sum of nowt ...

Theres no place in football for a shìt liner anymore 

You have to have more strings to your bow to be any good in football .

He's a one stringed Fiddler

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

Wigan probably recognise that if you give him the ball in the box there’s a better chance he’ll score. As oppose to our keeper hoofing the ball for him to try and win headers.. Pointless! .. they may have seen the forest game where we actually gave him something to feed off! 

It was hardly long ball stuff under Carlos was it?

some fans will always find an excuse for Rhodes not scoring goals. 

13 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Give over 

Divide that by what he's been paid n what hes brought to the team since he came to us ..

Totally agree 

(And I would have rather have watched your wife’s boobies than him)

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Give over 

So many things here..but I’ll stick to a couple...above all else what he’s paid has no relevance.

If any of our defence keep letting the opposition thru do we say our keepers are overpaid cause we leak goals? 

No!

Ill go on. It’s one of the few games (against Forest) where he’s had a working forward partner and the quality of service to do what he does best. 

I could go on but in reality him moving  on is the best for everyone. He’ll never get support from a section of our fan base and unless Fletcher is replaced by the 31st he’ll not have a suitable forward partner that can work with him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mister Soul said:

So many things here..but I’ll stick to a couple...above all else what he’s paid has no relevance.

If any of our defence keep letting the opposition thru do we say our keepers are overpaid cause we leak goals? 

No!

Ill go on. It’s one of the few games (against Forest) where he’s had a working forward partner and the quality of service to do what he does best. 

I could go on but in reality him moving  on is the best for everyone. He’ll never get support from a section of our fan base and unless Fletcher is replaced by the 31st he’ll not have a suitable forward partner that can work with him. 

He has had his fair share of chances over his time here and rarely hit the net. 

4 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

let him go and if he gets regular game time he might find his scoring boots by the time he gets back,once you have got goal scoring abilities like he had you don't lose them , yes you lose pace but tallent stays 

Are you on the Tennants Extra or the Special Brew Trev?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

He’s has enough good chances to score.  Very few forwards have chances given to them on a plate.