New song for Borner

I know suggesting a song is the Owlstalk equivalent of stocking wet fingers into a plug socket but instead of the current pathetic attempt how about...

To the Dead Kennedy's punk classic California Uber Alles...

Julian Borner - Uber Alles

Julian Borner - Ub-er Alles

Uber Alles - Julian Borner

Uber Alles - Jul-ian Borner

At least it scans and it's only 4 words to remember.

:ph34r:

7 minutes ago, JackSWFC said:

Isn’t the phrase ‘Über Alles’ associated with the nazi party, and that’s why it was removed from the German National anthem?

Bet he’d flipping love that!...

It predates the Nazis but It's probably not a good idea. The translation is harmless but he might take it the wrong way.

52 minutes ago, JackSWFC said:

Isn’t the phrase ‘Über Alles’ associated with the nazi party, and that’s why it was removed from the German National anthem?

Bet he’d flipping love that!...

No. You're mixing up a lot of things. Deutschland Uber Alles is the original national anthem from the 19th century and was much loved by the Nazis but the tune is still the anthem. I'm not suggesting we sing the german national anthem with Julian Borners name over it ffs! 

California Uber Alles is a punk.song.

Uber Alles means First or Is best.

So it would mean 'Julian Borner is best' to the tune of a 70s punk.song.

Everything historically German isnt Nazi. Even the swastika isn't a Nazi symbol.

Edited by Nero
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nero said:

No. You're mixing up a lot of things. Deutschland Uber Alles is the original national anthem from the 19th century and was much loved by the Nazis but the tune is still the anthem. I'm not suggesting we sing the german national anthem with Julian Borners name over it ffs! 

Everything historically German isnt Nazi. Even the swastika isn't a Nazi symbol.

Beg to differ mate

They might not have been first to use it but it was a symbol they certainly used. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jarce said:

Agreed. It's use is symbolic of Nazi, Germany. 

Agreed I’m 35 and if I see a swastika I think nazi or facists I know it’s not where it originated from but because of the strong baring it had with them and it’s perceptive affiliation my thoughts go straight there

i suppose just like when I think Bramall Lane I think of those scrubbers because they play there but it’s pretty common knowledge it was built as a cricket ground and both us and Sheffield FC I think used it before those scrubbers turned it into a sty 

3 hours ago, Nero said:

The punk song, by the Dead Kennedies, was a deliberate reference to the Nazis .it was claiming that the then California ( Pete something) governer was a fascist and used the old German anthem as s reference point.