Just calm down, stop spitting venom.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

This. Noticed we never get into the refs face. Other teams do, we just seem to shrug our shoulders. 

They're soft our lot. No fight. 

Blackburn were quite happy to partake in a bit of sh*thousery yesterday (same as Cardiff) and yet we just let them get away with it. 

Would be nice if we had a few more leaders on the pitch. The majority of these are to soft and nice. Wish we could bring in a couple of no nonsense tough players. Oh and some players with pace and a couple of new forwards :duntmatter:

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would be nice if we had a few more leaders on the pitch. The majority of these are to soft and nice. Wish we could bring in a couple of no nonsense tough players. Oh and some players with pace and a couple of new forwards :duntmatter:

So what you are saying is you want a new team :duntmatter:

Just now, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

I'm not at all, intact I'm worried. We get rid of the earners, but we've still got FFP in our sight so who replaces them?

Most of the big earners don’t really need replacing as they don’t do much anyway apart from being a massive drain on the clubs finances

1 minute ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

I get that, but do you think we can replace them with better on our budget? Honestly, I'm not so sure.

Recruitment have got a very busy summer ahead.

Considering our good experience lately, we'll probably sign a bunch of players from the German second tier. I can't see us doing much if the finances are what they are.

Its a shame about Urhorghide.

Obviously he will be taken out of the squad now but not nice for it to end lien that with him being totally exposed. 

Going forward I'd bring Westwood , Palmer, Nuhiu,  Hutch and Harris back into the team. 

Drop Murphy who seems a luxury player and not a man for the fight. 

Drop Urhorghide who was mercilessly exposed.

Luongo is banned.

Dawson is good but we need more leadership on the pitch. 

Winnal is not good enough. 

In reference to the point of this thread I agree that it is worth hounding out Monk and/or Chansiri for yesterday and our current home form.

Chansiri has made many mistakes but has put money into the squad and can't influence how performances change from winning away to the league leaders one weekend to chucking the towel in at home to a mid-table side the next.

Monk's tactics can rightly be called into question but he went with the side that won the previous week which is hard to argue against. 1 up front can be seen as negative but most of the top 6 play this way and our last home game we played 2 up front and were woeful. He spoke of his desire to get a striker in as soon as possible, we are crying out for someone to help us play further up field due to the loss of Fletcher.

A few weeks ago we were laughing at Forest when their fans were streaming out before half-time, as things stand they are going to be within a point of 3rd place in the league. The division is distinctly average this season, hard work and effective organisation can get a team into contention if they are effective at both ends of the field. We can only hope the players take a long hard look at themselves and start playing for each other when things are against them, not just when things are going our way. If they can take some responsibility and we can get a good striker in soon then we still have plenty to play for.

Yesterday and the recent home games have been down to the players more than leveling anything at the door of the owner or manager, they have shown what they are capable of to get to 3rd halfway through the season and have let us and themselves down in all the home games since Bristol.  

30 minutes ago, SiJ said:

They're soft our lot. No fight. 

Blackburn were quite happy to partake in a bit of sh*thousery yesterday (same as Cardiff) and yet we just let them get away with it. 

They’d probably let us take their girlfriends too, roll over and get their tummy’s tickled 

6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Its a shame about Urhorghide.

Obviously he will be taken out of the squad now but not nice for it to end lien that with him being totally exposed. 

Going forward I'd bring Westwood , Palmer, Nuhiu,  Hutch and Harris back into the team. 

Drop Murphy who seems a luxury player and not a man for the fight. 

Drop Urhorghide who was mercilessly exposed.

Luongo is banned.

Dawson is good but we need more leadership on the pitch. 

Winnal is not good enough. 

The young lad got found out for his inexperience yesterday but Murphy did nothing to help him out. At 1-0 down Blackburn had a 2-on-1 down that side with Murphy jogging back 10 yards behind, when we were a man short. 

Murphy has to be one of the weakest players I have ever seen player for us, he surely can't have been so nesh all his career to get to the level he has been at. I wonder if he may have got a bad injury caused in a tackle that has put him off challenging, perhaps a bit like Stuart Broad in the cricket where he used to be a decent lower order batter but has been a walking wicket since he took a blow to the head. 

If Murphy has been like this all his career then it must come into question when considering signing him. I know the West Brom fans who post on here raised doubts when we signed him. 

31 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It's been discussed on here recently the lack of fight when things aren't going our way. 

Nobody really got in the ref's ear when Hoilett didn't see red for the tackle on Palmer against Cardiff. Nobody really questioned the ref to any extent when Luongo got sent off yesterday. Nobody seems to try and get the team going verbally or physically when we are struggling. We don't have a captain capable of doing this or leading by example and we don't have a physical challenge in us without Hutchinson or Fletcher. 

When we concede heads drop far too quickly and we are up against it.

Been saying this for ages.

Just about all other teams manipulate situations as per yesterday with Luongo.

It was actually THEIR player who committed the foul, knew what he’d done & promptly goes down, rolling around & the ref buys it, hook line & sinker. 

Our players did nothing, no protest, no surrounding the ref, no having a pop at the cheating t**t rolling around. Nothing!! Just a meek acceptance of the situation.

Rewind 2 weeks. Palmer has a career threatening, GBH tackle against him, the perpetrator gets away with it. We have our 1st choice right back out for God knows how long ( which ironically contributed to yesterday’s debacle). Our response. Nothing. Again.

There should have been absolute bedlam following the Palmer decision, but we just shrug  & casually accept it.

This happens week in week out & it makes you wonder if refs know among themselves we’re  a soft touch & act accordingly.

Not saying these decisions would have been reversed, but it may influence later decisions in the game & get further decisions in our favour. 

Other teams ‘fall down’ if we as much as breathe on them, we get ragged all over, stay upright & get nothing.

We need to get massively smarter & tougher as it is now affecting games on a more regular basis as the standard of refs sinks even lower.

If that means some tougher ‘street wise’ players ( the ones we love to hate) the likes of the Snodgrasses, Ben Pearson’s then so be it.

As for the meltdown from yesterday.

We did it to Forest away, we did it to Boro away. Blackburn did it to us. It’s a weird league this year. 

Yeah there’s concerns & we need to strengthen, but no need for total meltdown & certainly no need for the insults towards DC following what is after all an onfield ‘situation’.