Beholder

Just calm down, stop spitting venom.

Mas

Well said some people need to get a life

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

Mountain Owl

All the negativity also effects the players. Everybody needs to get a grip and start pulling together.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 2

Stainless

Some people just love to moan and complain. The playoffs are realistic still. Start of the season people where just wanting the season to still be alive and us safe from relegation after the Bruce affair. Monks done well he needs to sort the inconsistency but give him time he's had less then 6 months and no transfer window 

• Agree 3
  • Haha 2

handworth52

there was hardly any Wednesday caller on what talked sense , in fact ive never been so angry listening to them . saying monk out etc etc . why didn't he start 442? are these clueless idiots? we had to change to a 4141 or 451 at brighton and leeds and didn't that work very well so monk should have dropped a winning line up/system and gone back to 442 which over xmas we played and were shocking hammered by stoke who could have had 8 ,Cardiff nearly had 5 , hull we hardly crossed the half way line Rhodes/nuhiu or with winnall was totally hopeless bannan and hutch sitting too deep . while fletcher is out we cant touch 442 didn't xmas tell you that we don't have the strikers to play that system. we need at least 3 incomings this month and try to get some out . monk needs  to get his own players in ,what can he do with a failure of a squad whats not his? . 

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

SallyCinnamon

Inclined to agree. We have a very strange fanbase. One week we are going up, the next it’s a disaster. 

The fact is this side isn’t good enough and a couple of good results won’t change that. They are inconsistent and there are glaring deficiencies which need to be addressed. DC is in a tight spot because he can’t spend the money to rectify it. That is down to previous mistakes, but not a lot we can do about that now. 

We just have to ride it out until the summer. Get a few more of the top earners out the club. Our transfer business has been pretty decent since Bruce arrived with his recruitment team, which is encouraging. Let’s hope Downes and the other bloke are still working away in the background. 

This will take 3/4 windows to sort. 

• Agree 3

WindygrOWLer

No way should we accept that gutless performance, but it's the players that take most of the blame, not Monk. Who knows why we go from great to shiit within a few days?

• Agree 2

striker

After yesterday I try to stay away from here, I understand the emotion, but there is some poo posted. 

The squad is broken, we all know that and needs time to replace the majority of the players. It can't be done overnight, certainly not in a January window. 

Take the wins with humility and the defeats with similar grace. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

Beholder
8 minutes ago, debram said:

so we should carry on accepting these gutless performances, yesterday a typical example against a side we should beat at home, ok down to ten men so does a good gritty side capitulate like us, no, as anyone knows whos played football ten men can be very hard to play against and beat, organised and led they grit their teeth and have a real go, sometimes grind out a result or lose narrowly but come off the field with some pride left intact, the majority of our lot have shown on several occasions this season they dont have the fight in them, monk needs to at least get 100% from his players or he must be questioned, no excuses.

Of course it wasn't an acceptable performance.

But at the same time I could see how it came about. 

And I can also see that we are really missing Fletcher and need a striker. 

Even in a 5-0 drubbing, there are points in the game where it could go one way or another.

Yesterday there were some early mistakes and poor decisions that meant we collectively started losing confidence quick. 

Unfortunately Urhorghide was exposed, winnal was isolated , Murphy on the periphery and the system that worked away, looked poor at home. 

But it's not like we have loads of options. 

We need to buy a few in.

I just think all the venom makes the club a toxic environment. And that doesn't help. 

Edited by Beholder
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

Beauchief Owl
9 minutes ago, Stainless said:

Some people just love to moan and complain. The playoffs are realistic still. Start of the season people where just wanting the season to still be alive and us safe from relegation after the Bruce affair. Monks done well he needs to sort the inconsistency but give him time he's had less then 6 months and no transfer window 

You set the bar low, sounds like a Barnsley or a Luton fan's aspirations.

daleblue

I was just wondering if yesterdays performance was linked to a few players being told that their contracts are not going to be renewed, I know it's a tenuous link, but it was the effort that the players didn't put in which was galling, just looking for an answer.

On a Post Card please

no more than 30 words

please include self addressed envelope to, 

What the f****s going on,

c/o Sheffield Wednesday day dreaming into mid table obscurity,

Sheffield 6.

Edited by daleblue

Morepork

I think this last few weeks have shown Monk that he 100% can't trust those individuals. Admittedly, some are worse than others but all of them need to own yesterdays sh!t show.

He absolutely must start to add players with the correct character and mental attributes to that squad before we will see any significant change.

Edited by Morepork
  • Agree 1

Owly Mowly

I am always one who takes a balanced view, but after sitting through the whole game yesterday, I’m afraid I can’t on this occasion.

That performance needs calling out for exactly what it was. - spineless

• Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

Beholder
2 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I was just wondering if yesterdays performance was linked to a few players being told that their contracts are not going to be renewed, I know it's a tenuous

link, but it was the effort that the players didn't put in which was galling, just looking for an answer.

On a Post Card please

no more than 30 words

please include self addressed envelope to, 

What the f****s going on,

c/o Sheffield Wednesday day dreaming into mid table obscurity,

Sheffield 6.

I'd be surprised if players were told this at this stage in the season tbh.

• Agree 1

Stripes or die
24 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

All the negativity also effects the players. Everybody needs to get a grip and start pulling together.

You are correct it does. Therefore, wouldn’t it be better if the team was set up to attack and entertain at home from the start? I guarantee that would get the Hillsborough faithful cheering.

This is really, really basic stuff which the club continuously fails to grasp. It’s not rocket science and the fact that we keep getting this wrong is baffling to me

s73owl
25 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

All the negativity also effects the players. Everybody needs to get a grip and start pulling together.

Bit extreme, but if it helps improve team performance/players I'm in

lol

• Haha 6