Che Adams

11 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I’ve not seen any rumours about this so apologies if it is elsewhere.

But Alan Brazil just said on Talksport that Che Adams isn’t going to Leeds because he has chosen to come to Wednesday instead.

I suppose it makes sense since he did so well under Monk.

never in a million years

I've only seen this bloke play a few times.

He's always looked decent, and that's all I have to go on.

I always thought he was played right side in a top three though, or am I mistaken?   That's where I think i've seen him played most - almost right winger.

Birmingham - the wiki entry says he was swapped regularly as the targetman to right winger on a regular basis and never filled either shirt regularly but on a rotation basis with another player (mentioned above but i'm too lazy to go look up again!)

14 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

23 is 'aging'? Doesn't say much for our current forwards , does it? And all this 'panic buying'. We are in the situatuion where our principal striker has been side=lined for the next 8-10 nweeks.

May I just point out 2 rather important facts - the transfer deadline ends in some 2-3 weeks, and the season closes in April/May

What are you on about I wasn't talking about Adams.

Would be a great signing and given the choice between him or Wickham, i'm taking Che Adams every, single, time.
I mean, one striker is seriously injury prone and has scored 5 goals in 4 years the other scored 22 last season in the Championship...

I'm sure he's desperate for regular football give the lack of it this season and given how Monk played a big part in his development you would think he'd prefer to work with a manager he knows.

Skill wise, has everything we would need, good in the air, strong, fast, works hard and good finisher who is coming of a career season, 22 goals last year....i'm actually quite surprised Southampton would consider letting him leave so soon as they may be in a relegation scrap soon and Danny Ings good form won't continue forever.

Only issue I could see is wages....we are already in hot water so we might have to ship 1/2 of the bigger earners out before we could bring one in...