Che Adams

Just now, WelshOwl74 said:

No im looking at a club that's spaffed millions on players who've been good in the past ,Rhodes winnall Jones abdi 

£1 million fee and high wages for a player whose played 16 games and zero games doesn't strike good business to me 

If he signs then we will see 

But like I said I'm hoping we are not relying on him to get us promoted

Again you seem to be completely missing the fact Adams is 23, Rhodes, Abdi and Jones were already between the ages of 27-31 When we signed them.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Well, for one, it would be a "panic" loan. 

Secondly, he has pace and scored a load of goals at this level last season. 

But yeah, let's complain about someone who hasn't even signed for us/kicked a ball for us. 

oh calm down you big girls blouse....were speculating aern't we? I'm not that convinced about adams, thats all.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, WelshOwl74 said:

No im looking at a club that's spaffed millions on players who've been good in the past ,Rhodes winnall Jones abdi 

£1 million fee and high wages for a player whose played 16 games and zero games doesn't strike good business to me 

If he signs then we will see 

But like I said I'm hoping we are not relying on him to get us promoted

So to summarise:-

you don’t want us to sign a 23 year old because until he was 22 he didn’t score enough goals and only had one good season.

You don’t want us to sign older players that have proven themselves over many seasons, like your aforementioned examples.

So you must be wanting us to sign 23 year olds with a proven track record of banging in goals season after season since they were 19?

I reckon £120m might tempt Chelsea for Abraham!

• Haha 5

Bottom line is we need another striker. Che Adams scores 22 goals in a mid table championship team last season.

He is completely different to any other striker we have currently, yet some fans don’t want him???

ffs, what is up with some people. Let chansiri worry about the money aspects of the deal and if there is an opportunity to get the lad in, then let’s do it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

So to summarise:-

you don’t want us to sign a 23 year old because until he was 22 he didn’t score enough goals and only had one good season.

You don’t want us to sign older players that have proven themselves over many seasons, like your aforementioned examples.

So you must be wanting us to sign 23 year olds with a proven track record of banging in goals season after season since they were 19?

I reckon £120m might tempt Chelsea for Abraham!

He's a professional moaner, he's preparing the way for future posts so he can say I told you so.

It's the welsh.  

13 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Shut up ya tart its a football forum not happy clappers camp fire 

Think there is only one tart on this forum ^

People are wise to your act. 

Complain and complain with the hope that you can then turnaround and say "I told you so". 

If not Adam, then who should we get? 

13 minutes ago, Jon Newsome said:

Good lord, someone make it stop. 

Yeah that's exactly what we need another aging target man.

23 is 'aging'? Doesn't say much for our current forwards , does it? And all this 'panic buying'. We are in the situatuion where our principal striker has been side=lined for the next 8-10 nweeks.

May I just point out 2 rather important facts - the transfer deadline ends in some 2-3 weeks, and the season closes in April/May

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

Have to say i agree, seems like  a panic buy as he has speed but isnt that good. Bit like madine was tall.....but not that good.

If you want someone who played every match under monk during his tenure at birmingham then go for Lucas Jutkiewicz.

30 years old

Best goal tally in one season 14.

Not aware he's available for loan or sale?

19 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Again for one season

16/17 40 apps 7 goals 

17/18 30 apps 5 goals

18/19 42 apps 22 goals 

Scored over 10 goals twice in his career 

1 being in league one 

For his wages and fee I'd expect better 

I think Wickham or Gray are better options and better value as both have done it in the championship, though Adam had been getting better and had he stayed at the Brum this season they would have been top 6, he has a 1 in 3 record in the championship which is quite good and better than any of the strikers we currently have and his chance of playing the second half of the season will be limited if Ings stays fit.

For me for the right amount of money he would give us some pace up front, when you look at his goals, compare him to our best striker Fletcher who has never scored more than 13 goals in a season he appears to be on an upward climb. Stats are great are they.

Oh yeah and everyone is forgetting he's a former blunt so damaged goods lol

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I think Wickham or Gray are better options and better value as both have done it in the championship, though Adam had been getting better and had he stayed at the Brum this season they would have been top 6, he has a 1 in 3 record in the championship which is quite good and better than any of the strikers we currently have and his chance of playing the second half of the season will be limited if Ings stays fit.

For me for the right amount of money he would give us some pace up front, when you look at his goals, compare him to our best striker Fletcher who has never scored more than 13 goals in a season he appears to be on an upward climb. Stats are great are they.

Oh yeah and everyone is forgetting he's a former blunt so damaged goods lol

Also, your 2 examples come with huge fitness risks. Particularly Wickham.

Currently in 6th and this could be our line new line up 

with pace and physicality with two premier league strikers up front Both know the city and ones had best season of his career under our current manager and we are picking faults 

would there be a better strike force in the division? 

only on owlstalk 

2CE9DE10-A4AE-4DC9-BD1C-CEE7522DF08D.jpeg

Edited by fpowl