Che Adams

2 minutes ago, fpowl said:

If we are not under an embargo ( which we are not ) they can’t really refuse it can they. Chansiri would definitely take them to court 

as it stands we are getting investigated and appealed the proposed charges 

so we are innocent until proven guilty showing pre tax profit from last year 

I don’t don’t the very realistic possibility of the upcoming embargo/ fine/ point deduction but there’s nothing stopping us at the minute 

I’m sure the EFL will look at this window as a way to further throw the book at us 

but it’s all ifs and buts so I’m im the camp of fornicate the EFL let’s strengthen 

Absolutely,  we've effectively been under embargoes for the last 2 years. DC is insistent we are innocent so free to trade within the scope of FFP losses we have according to the accounts submitted (and ratified by the EFL, let's not forget) hence not being under an embargo this window. 

We've some catching up to do and wriggle room, considering the amount of players out of contract in the summer when considering our 3 year rolling FFP cycle.

We've also sold Thornily and Baker, neither on huge wages and fees nominal, but could expect their departures to contribute £300k+ this in addition to Joao's departure at the beginning of the season. 

No need to go mad, but we can compete for loans I would think, maybe a surprise permanent bargain if opportunity arises (like the Luongo deal)

35 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

So I've given my opinion on a football forum why I don't want him and cus  you disagree you've gone personal

Grow up 

Unlike you I don't give a t055 what people on here think of me 

Saying I dont give a to55 what anyone thinks is usually a big indicator of telling that someone does really give a to55.

My thing is if we  agreed a loan deal with a future fee to buy and that gets sanctioned now

for example loan wickham but but for £5million in the summer if we loan agreement gets agreed but then we fall foul of punishments and FFP will they still allow the transfer since it’s been agreed before we was punished?

could be what we are trying to achieve here because summer could be horrible for recruitment with pretty much our strike force accept rhodes contracts all set to expire at least this way ( if allowed ) we could be starting the season with another striker even if we are punished 

2 minutes ago, Howards back said:

Maybe the championship is his level if so he would be a good signing. To me a better signing than Wickham who is injury prone. 

Is wickham injury prone or has he just had  one two bad injuries in which he has recovered from?

i genuinely don’t know 

for me players like westwood are injury prone always seem to have two spells a season out injured 

Every player gets injured some have huge ones like wickham ( cruciates was it ) but they recover brilliantly 

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Also, your 2 examples come with huge fitness risks. Particularly Wickham.

Indeed but the clubs reluctancy to sign any actual players and only bring loans in means we are in this market. We either get over price squad players not playing or unproven youngsters, unfortunately we seem to still be in the short term team planning instead of buying players we can develop and improve for the now and future.

Put yourself in Adams shoes here.

Why would he sign for us over Leeds?

He would get in ahead of Bamford so would play every game. Same as our side he would.

He would get far more chances to score every game at Leeds as the stats show.

They are 6 points ahead of 3rd..so far more likely to get promoted.

We are in a battle for the playoffs with about 10 other teams and potentially even face a points deduction.

The only reason I can see is he wants to play for Monk...but I don't buy that is enough justification at all.

Leeds made him their number one target...but Southampton are reluctant to let him go. If he does leave it won't be to us.

Our only chance is if Leeds give up waiting (which it sounds like they have) and if Southampton bring in another striker during the window. We may get him then on deadline day or something.

But it's all very unlikely.