2 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Again for one season

16/17 40 apps 7 goals 

17/18 30 apps 5 goals

18/19 42 apps 22 goals 

Scored over 10 goals twice in his career 

1 being in league one 

For his wages and fee I'd expect better 

When will people stop judging strikers on the numbers and actually just f*ckin watch them?

Has nothing been learnt with the signing of Rhodes? 

I'd rather have Gayle, but I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at Adams.

Doubt we'll get either though tbh. I think we'll probably get Wickham but as exciting as it would be to have a front 2 of either Wickham/Adams or Wickham/Gayle I just can't see it happening.

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

If we are not under an embargo ( which we are not ) they can’t really refuse it can they. Chansiri would definitely take them to court 

as it stands we are getting investigated and appealed the proposed charges 

so we are innocent until proven guilty showing pre tax profit from last year 

I don’t don’t the very realistic possibility of the upcoming embargo/ fine/ point deduction but there’s nothing stopping us at the minute 

I’m sure the EFL will look at this window as a way to further throw the book at us 

but it’s all ifs and buts so I’m im the camp of fornicate the EFL let’s strengthen 

Good point actually, perhaps the EFL can only question it/not approve it if we were under an embargo.

I'm used to us being under such restrictions!

3 hours ago, sheffwed1 said:

Strong pacey with an eye for goal. 
Can’t understand how you wouldn’t be pleased with Che Adams. Strange. 

Because if he turned out to be a great signing and we went up Welsh Owl wouldnt have anything to moan about. So he has got his moaning in early. If Monk really wants Adams I for one trust his judgement over Welsh Owls.

Edited by ZicoSterland2

16 minutes ago, trev said:

Put yourself in Adams shoes here.

Why would he sign for us over Leeds?

He would get in ahead of Bamford so would play every game. Same as our side he would.

He would get far more chances to score every game at Leeds as the stats show.

They are 6 points ahead of 3rd..so far more likely to get promoted.

We are in a battle for the playoffs with about 10 other teams and potentially even face a points deduction.

The only reason I can see is he wants to play for Monk...but I don't buy that is enough justification at all.

Leeds made him their number one target...but Southampton are reluctant to let him go. If he does leave it won't be to us.

Our only chance is if Leeds give up waiting (which it sounds like they have) and if Southampton bring in another striker during the window. We may get him then on deadline day or something.

But it's all very unlikely.

Confidence low at the moment - Monk realised his potential previously.

More Guaranteed game time with us - He has potentially looked at the Nketieh situation at Leeds.

More pressure at Leeds to get promoted - if he fails to fire, more pressure.

I could see him choosing us over Leeds (not saying he would, but there are reasons).

26 minutes ago, trev said:

Put yourself in Adams shoes here.

Why would he sign for us over Leeds?

He would get in ahead of Bamford so would play every game. Same as our side he would.

He would get far more chances to score every game at Leeds as the stats show.

They are 6 points ahead of 3rd..so far more likely to get promoted.

We are in a battle for the playoffs with about 10 other teams and potentially even face a points deduction.

The only reason I can see is he wants to play for Monk...but I don't buy that is enough justification at all.

Leeds made him their number one target...but Southampton are reluctant to let him go. If he does leave it won't be to us.

Our only chance is if Leeds give up waiting (which it sounds like they have) and if Southampton bring in another striker during the window. We may get him then on deadline day or something.

But it's all very unlikely.

Bielsa is obsessed by Bamford and Adams wouldnt start ahead of him.

2 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

No idea if this will come off.

But I find it bizarre that some people wouldn’t be happy with a 23 year old strong striker with pace that scored 22 Championship goals last season.

I could understand the “one year wonder” claims if he was 28 but it appears more likely that at the age of 22 he had matured as a player to me.

And as for the claims he has played 16 PL matches with zero goals, 8 were as sub.  He has actually only played 646 minutes so the equivalent of 7 full matches.

Exactly and for those that remember, hirsty was in his mid 20's around 25/26 when he gained the consistency and started smashing goals in for fun every season.