Manager of the Decade

Can I take part? .com are doing something  similar in Highs & Lows but its not for just managers. Anyway feel free to delete if its not welcome:

Best:

Roy Hodgson 18 months of safety I remember sitting in the ratty pub we drink in saying "This is weird, we have nothing to complain about"

Steve Clarke highest finish in the prem Odemwingie and Lukaku awesome

RDM the team were a joy to watch

honorable mention Slaven Bilic for our best start since the 1930's

Worse:

Pulis and Megson team up and take us down Megson's first run came after we were by a man who built flatpack sheds. What he did for us the first time was a miracle as we didn't have a pot to pee in. Always a hero there. 13 years later and a budget of £75m not have the to stick around So tone can protect his "No Relegation" record Pah

Pardew a t1t who got wrecked and nicked a taxi leaving his wallet in the front seat while we were on the verge of said relegation, if it had been Villa I might of laughed sadly it wasn't 

51 minutes ago, ka58 said:

ive also explained that the win percentage during his tenure was up there with our most successful managers.

Let me show you what that's worth...

...according to win percentage as our manager, Alan Irvine was 0.68% better than Ron Atkinson and 1.65% better than Jack Charlton.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Let me show you what that's worth...

...according to win percentage as our manager, Alan Irvine was 0.68% better than Ron Atkinson and 1.65% better than Jack Charlton.

Of course it has to measured in all of the circumstances. We were relegated in Atkinsons first season and promoted in his second. Albeit from the first division to the second. 

im not suggesting it should be used as the sole measure of a manager but it is still a very good win ratio.

1 minute ago, ka58 said:

Of course it has to measured in all of the circumstances. We were relegated in Atkinsons first season and promoted in his second. Albeit from the first division to the second. 

im not suggesting it should be used as the sole measure of a manager but it is still a very good win ratio.

Up like the rocket, down like the stick.

Unfortunately, he didn't leave us much gunpowder for another launch.

Given how their time at Wednesday finished there is obviously a reluctance to give Jones and Carlos any credit but unfortunately given the paucity of what the others have achieved then the promotion and play off final seasons have to be considered the stand out achievements. Depressing isn’t it....

13 hours ago, ka58 said:

Again - your just throwing loads of opinions around and then asking me to justify them for you.

He’s not my champion or my hero or a tactical genius - they’re all your words.

ive already explained that our league positions over two seasons were the best in the last 20 years -.

ive also explained that the win percentage during his tenure was up there with our most successful managers.

you think that doesn’t matter because we should have done better. Fine we disagree.

explain the bank balance when he left, and why you think jos made that 3rd' season worse?

34 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

explain the bank balance when he left, and why you think jos made that 3rd' season worse?

Which part of the bank balance are you talking about - the net amount spent or our ffp situation?

the chairman imposed the one big family mantra of not moving players on for a start - remember him saying we wouldn’t sell any players?

whether jos did or didn’t improve us - and to what level that improvement should have been is irrelevant on the basis of his performance in his first full season which was disastrous. 

Jones has to top the list.

promoted us, kept us up and somehow cobbled a team together when we were skint under Milan . We were so skint we were bringing people like Mcphail out of retirement.

most importantly Jones signed our most important player of the decade, adthe nuhiu. 

• Haha 1

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 21:57, ka58 said:

The noise is the over shouting of the fact that we had our best two seasons in 20 years - finishing 6th and then 4th with a 43% win record overall - that is all being ignored on the basis of largely 3 performances against hull, Huddersfield and Sheffield United.

now - why and by what measure were we in a worse position when luhukay was appointed than when Carvalhal took over from gray?

lmao you're just trolling now and you don't even realise it.

6 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Jones has to top the list.

promoted us, kept us up and somehow cobbled a team together when we were skint under Milan . We were so skint we were bringing people like Mcphail out of retirement.

most importantly Jones signed our most important player of the decade, adthe nuhiu. 

Are you taking the pisss?!

2 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Was the players that didnt turn up at wembley and the players that couldnt score from 12 yards the year after, but no lets blame carlos!

Not talking about Wembley - I forgave him that.

Away at Huddersfield, to go to a team we’d beaten 4 times in 2 seasons and not cross the halfway line was pathetic.

To not prepare us for the derby at home was arrogant and stupid. Unforgivable. Totally unforgivable. Went into his 3rd season here without a replacement for Loovens.

And some on here think he was the best thing since sliced bread.

• Thanks 1