Manager of the Decade

16 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Not talking about Wembley - I forgave him that.

Away at Huddersfield, to go to a team we’d beaten 4 times in 2 seasons and not cross the halfway line was pathetic.

To not prepare us for the derby at home was arrogant and stupid. Unforgivable. Totally unforgivable. Went into his 3rd season here without a replacement for Loovens.

And some on here think he was the best thing since sliced bread.

I agree with the derby game, that was the end for him in my opinion, but i dont agree with you on the huddersfield away game. It was a poor game yes, but a draw wasnt a bad result with the return game at hillsborough. We missed chances in that game, forestieri missed a sitter and the penaltys were woefull, cant blame carlos for that. Yes recruitment the season after was poor, he wasnt the best thing since sliced bread but it was a lot more exciting to wach than the shiite weve had since dont you think?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

I agree with the derby game, that was the end for him in my opinion, but i dont agree with you on the huddersfield away game. It was a poor game yes, but a draw wasnt a bad result with the return game at hillsborough. We missed chances in that game, forestieri missed a sitter and the penaltys were woefull, cant blame carlos for that. Yes recruitment the season after was poor, he wasnt the best thing since sliced bread but it was a lot more exciting to wach than the shiite weve had since dont you think?

Some of the dross we’ve watched since is a culmination of what he left behind in the treatment room.

And I maintain my view about Huddersfield. 

37 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Some of the dross we’ve watched since is a culmination of what he left behind in the treatment room.

And I maintain my view about Huddersfield. 

...and so do I.

I was bloody fuming. Imagine being a boxer in a title fight and not even trying to throw a punch in the first six rounds in the hope that you can land one later instead.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Jones has to top the list.

promoted us, kept us up and somehow cobbled a team together when we were skint under Milan . We were so skint we were bringing people like Mcphail out of retirement.

most importantly Jones signed our most important player of the decade, adthe nuhiu. 

Mcphail ffs. Jones’ golfing buddy. Jones ruined the squad Megson built and all of the team spirit. Jones wasted the money MM gave him. ATDHE Nuhui was a  MM signing, not Jones. 

If Jones had been in charge at the start of our last promotion season instead of Megson we would not have been promoted. Jones couldn’t have built that squad and spirit. 

6 hours ago, Simaniac Owl said:

Mcphail ffs. Jones’ golfing buddy. Jones ruined the squad Megson built and all of the team spirit. Jones wasted the money MM gave him. ATDHE Nuhui was a  MM signing, not Jones. 

If Jones had been in charge at the start of our last promotion season instead of Megson we would not have been promoted. Jones couldn’t have built that squad and spirit. 

If Megson had stayed in charge we wouldn't have had a promotion season.

7 hours ago, Simaniac Owl said:

Oh dear. Jones picking up the ball and running with it where Megson was fumbling and stumbling still hurts that badly does it?

:biggrin:

8 hours ago, Simaniac Owl said:

All baseless nonsense.

Edited by markowl