Manager of the Decade

A tough one. 

But only one manager achieved anything in the whole decade. Dave ‘ the builder’ Jones with his promotion to the Championship. A nod to Megson for that promotion season as well of course.

None of the others managed anything other than maintaining championship status, some under tougher circumstances than others. 

This’ll be popular...

The best manager we have employed all decade was Bruce.

Our results, our recruitment, our planning, our care of players....streets ahead. No surprise to me that his weak Newcastle squad is mid-table in the Prem. I’ve little doubt we would be a mid-table Prem club too by say 21/22 had Bruce stayed.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 2

Just now, torres said:

The reason why are in this mess 

Of course it is! It's his fault for everything. Ignore the fact he got us to two play offs and nearly took us up. 

Was he also our finance manager? And in charge of everything FFP?

2 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

Of course it is! It's his fault for everything. Ignore the fact he got us to two play offs and nearly took us up. 

Was he also our finance manager? And in charge of everything FFP?

He was par for the course in his first season by finishing 6th with the squad available 

He under achieved hugely in the second season by not challenging the automatic spots 

His third season was pathetic 

He was in charge at the time we spent the most we ever had on transfers and the vast majority were a disaster 

• Haha 2

Carlos obviously for his two Top 6 finishes but a notable mention for Bruce who would probably have us closer to the Top 2 than we currently are if not actually in there but once Newcastle came calling we were always fighting a losing battle.

Gray did a decent job. He arguably left the foundations for the Carlos era. Jones did a better job than people give him credit for. It’s too early to judge Monk but the last two results aside he hasn’t done too bad. Megson was unlucky and Irvine and Lukuhay were out and out disastrous appointments.

It’ll be interesting to see how many managers we have in the 2020’s. My guess is Monk will do at least 3 years here maybe more? :monkgif1:

Edited by Great Big Galaa

One Championship play off final

Another Championship play off

The best football we've seen since the nineties

Only one contender

Carlos

To the people shouting for Megson

Don't forget he signed Julian Bennett

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Is this the worst Manager of the decade ?

If so worst by a distance is old "Clueless, boyhood team, if your leg is falling off just run it off, youll be fine, I won't be here anyway when it actually falls off, Carlos'.

Second worst is 'Disastrous that skirt looks nice, Dave'.

Third worst is 'I told you I was retired, can I get back to my greenhouse now, Jos'.

We've paid off some right shiite.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

One Championship play off final

Another Championship play off

The best football we've seen since the nineties

Only one contender

Carlos

To the people shouting for Megson

Don't forget HE signed Julian Bennett

HE also signed Antonio, Semedo, Lines, Baath, Llera, COG, etc.  And is our last manager to beat dem blavdes.

garymegson