Things are taking shape...

We’ve got a more shaped team these days, with quality in a variety of areas.

We’ve two of the strongest wingers in the division in Harris & Reach, and very strong back ups in FF & Murphy. We’ve got one of the strongest defensive line ups with an excellent spine in Iorfa/Lees- Hutch/Bannan - Fletcher (another one of the best in the league) 

The reason I feel confident this year more than others is because the leagues weaker, and we’ve got strength in depth (apart from Fletch) 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

We’ve two of the strongest wingers in the division in Harris & Reach, and very strong back ups in FF & Murphy. We’ve got one of the strongest defensive line ups with an excellent spine in Iorfa/Lees- Hutch/Bannan - Fletcher (another one of the best in the league) 

The reason I feel confident this year more than others is because the leagues weaker, and we’ve got strength in depth (apart from Fletch) 

Agree with all of this, but thinking that if we can get Rhodes firing, then lurch is a reasonable backup for Fletch.

This is the way we started playing earlier in the season as well. One of the issues i've noticed is that we seem to hit an international brake or a period where Monk has time to work with them players and he changes the way we play, so we're more of a passing side going through the middle, which results in less crosses.

If Monk just sticks with the formula that works we'll be fine.

13 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Feel the same 

but that niggly feeling in the back of my head regarding what the EFL will probably do is dampening the season. 

32 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

This is the way we started playing earlier in the season as well. One of the issues i've noticed is that we seem to hit an international brake or a period where Monk has time to work with them players and he changes the way we play, so we're more of a passing side going through the middle, which results in less crosses.

If Monk just sticks with the formula that works we'll be fine.

Yep, my feelings aswell really , there’s some really brave decisions to be made in team selection aswell to keep the formula that works and I hope GM is the man to make them 

And when I say brave decisions I’m talking about Tom Lees and Borner , bringing Rhodes in and trusting a style that will get him scoring regularly , Hutchinson and Luongo , obviously the battle between Westy and Dawson 

Some big calls, and I do feel the previous managers wouldn’t have been brave enough to change it up , Carlos especially 

9 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Yep, my feelings aswell really , there’s some really brave decisions to be made in team selection aswell to keep the formula that works and I hope GM is the man to make them 

And when I say brave decisions I’m talking about Tom Lees and Borner , bringing Rhodes in and trusting a style that will get him scoring regularly , Hutchinson and Luongo , obviously the battle between Westy and Dawson 

Some big calls, and I do feel the previous managers wouldn’t have been brave enough to change it up , Carlos especially 

Dross was brave enough garymegsonshame he didn't have a clue.

We will need a  Plan B, some canny managers out there who will know how to contain our threats.  Monk will need to be cannier and have one or two things up his sleeve.   

I've been quite pessimistic about our chances of going up this season mainly due to the lack of quality up front. If Rhodes has started to turn the corner and can chip in his fair share of goals and if we can get a victory over Bristol City then I'll start to get carried away. 

Edited by Inspector Lestrade

I’m loving the positivity and pride with which we’re talking about our team over the past 24hrs. It would be fantastic if we could keep up the same attitude win, lose or draw in the coming weeks. We are a good side with a bloody good manager who’s bringing it all together.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We will need a  Plan B, some canny managers out there who will know how to contain our threats.  Monk will need to be cannier and have one or two things up his sleeve.   

I've been quite pessimistic about our chances of going up this season mainly due to the lack of quality up front. If Rhodes has started to turn the corner and can chip in his fair share of goals and if we can get a victory over Bristol City then I'll start to get carried away. 

Same, I didn’t think we had enough goals up top , but Fletch is in form of his life and could very easily hit 20+ 

Surely with the way we set up against Forest, the form and confidence oozing from Fletcher , Rhodes and Winnall must be chomping at the bit to play next to him 

Worth remembering it does bring Winnall back into the equation If we play 442 , I’d like to think between Winnall and Rhodes one of them can take the goalscoring pressure off Fletcher even if it’s a case of rotating them 

38 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Agree with that RR.

EFL points deduction letter will probably arrive in the post on Christmas eve just to spoil all our Christmases .

You can just see the little gremlins chortling as to how they can ruin our season.

tenor.gif

They are waiting for us to go 3rd, but we keep ballsing it up.

:duntmatter:

Edited by Suzuki_San

1 hour ago, Yellowbelly said:

I’m loving the positivity and pride with which we’re talking about our team over the past 24hrs. It would be fantastic if we could keep up the same attitude win, lose or draw in the coming weeks. We are a good side with a bloody good manager who’s bringing it all together.

Speak for yourself...

Despite a few wasted points in recent weeks we are still in the mix. 

What I like is that we are in every game and whilst clean sheets are rare we are not getting battered by anyone including the top sides. 

If we do lose its only ever by the odd goal and with our offensive players we'll cause problems for most in this division. 

A bit of strengthening in Jan who knows. 

Of course there's the small matter of the EFL but, from what I hear from the corridors of S6, DC isn't overly concerned. 

I just hope they don't drag this out and that he has a rock solid defence.