Do bookmakers know something

5 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

If people are happy to make money off Wednesday been relegated ,crack on 

Why not could be a smart way for us to pay any fine. DC should lump on 2m @ 14/1 If we gets points deduction and a fine all sorted. Thinking about it DC can't bet himself.

Guest Theboylangers

Not often I want a bet of mine to lose but had £10 at 100/1 that we'd be relegated. 

You have to view these things dispassionately. 

4 hours ago, handworth52 said:

just don't agree with  anyone who puts money on us to go down its the equivalent  of some smack head stealing off his mother or kid as I don't think a lot realise the seriousness the state the club would be in , just staying in league 1 would be an achievement , at all costs we must avoid going down ,it would be financial suicide ,we are appx 20 million over budget if the efl don't allow the ground sale , going down the club would be about 10-12 million a season worse off , im pretty sure chansiri would consider putting us into administration to clear all the wages what we cant afford now even with the extra 10-12 million what you get staying in the championship. it could be that we would be in boltons predicament and that's a very real threat.  lets hope common sense happens and at worst we get something like 10 points and then can move on from this. 

betting on it isn’t going to change any of what you said though.

1 hour ago, Chilli said:

They're obviously not Wednesday fans then, if they put making a bit or money above the welfare of the club.

lets say you were given inside information that Wednesday were going to be given a 60 point deduction by efl and would be relegated.

youre the only one who knows.

wednesday are on ladbrokes at 50/1 to go down and you have a grand in the bank.

you can make £50k - what do you do?

Edited by ka58

33 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Them putting money on a bet is not damaging the welfare of the club though.

Damages the energy field , no doubt about that. 

No wonder we've had two decades in the wilderness with this sort of thing going on. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ka58 said:

lets say you were given inside information that Wednesday were going to be given a 60 point deduction by efl and would be relegated.

youre the only one who knows.

wednesday are on ladbrokes at 50/1 to go down and you have a grand in the bank.

you can make £50k - what do you do?

Get arrested for insider trading knowing my luck. 

• Haha 3

Guest Bulgaria

Might be wrong but I think I read somewhere that bets are void if a points penalty is used to relegate a team.

For the record I make a few quid on betting on us to lose in Dave Jones final weeks.