Do bookmakers know something

Guest addedtime
9 minutes ago, ruusowl said:

I bet on the pigs to beat us in every derby.

If we win it feels like I've paid for the win which i'd gladly do anyway. If we lose it sucks but I can buy cocaine and hire a prostitute to forget my woes.

And waste the rest!!  Ho ho!!

52 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Take 21 pts off and we're below Barnsley !

Yes, but we're less than halfway through the season.

We're currently on track to achieve 74 points by the end of the season. Even the 53 points we'd have after a 21 points deduction would see us comfortably clear of relegation.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yes, but we're less than halfway through the season.

We're currently on track to achieve 74 points by the end of the season. Even the 53 points we'd have after a 21 points deduction would see us comfortably clear of relegation.

Maybe bookies are also cautious about a fire sale in January leaving us in the bottom 3 and the best players leaving. 

49 minutes ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Exactly. 

We stay up happy days, we go down then at least you've won some money out of a crap situation. 

Betting on it doesnt change the outcome or influence it.

just don't agree with  anyone who puts money on us to go down its the equivalent  of some smack head stealing off his mother or kid as I don't think a lot realise the seriousness the state the club would be in , just staying in league 1 would be an achievement , at all costs we must avoid going down ,it would be financial suicide ,we are appx 20 million over budget if the efl don't allow the ground sale , going down the club would be about 10-12 million a season worse off , im pretty sure chansiri would consider putting us into administration to clear all the wages what we cant afford now even with the extra 10-12 million what you get staying in the championship. it could be that we would be in boltons predicament and that's a very real threat.  lets hope common sense happens and at worst we get something like 10 points and then can move on from this. 

7 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Immediately after we were charged I put £5 on at 100/1 with Skybet. Presumably a few others did too as they then took us off the market about half an hour later, before putting us back on at a much lower price.

If the worst happens then I get £500. If it doesn't then I'll just about absorb losing the £5. 

the only way id bet against us is if I was to win that much I could buy the club myself and save us from the mess.  I don't think £500 beer money or buying a new phone cuts it for me ,seeing my club put in a very serious situation along with been relegated and likelihood that it would be quite a few years for club to bounce back.