What a time to be alive!

So in an era where we're shafted by the EFL at every turn, seem to get no rub of the green and get a "bent ref" most weeks, I have to ask :

When was the last time we were awarded a penalty on three Saturdays in a row?!

Have we ever, even? I can remember Zico scoring 2 in a row at the end of the 83/84 promotion season,  and I'm sure it's also happened at other times, but 3? No idea!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Today's penalty was worth 18 penalties it was that blatant.

In an era where Leeds strikers have made full length one handed saves and got away with it, and where we have had penalties against us for the ball hitting defenders square in the back it makes a change to have such a blatant decision called correctly in our favour.

1 hour ago, Theboylangers said:

I'm sure you remember we got 3 in one game years ago. But 3 Saturday's in a row? Can't recall happening it either. 

Yeah I was at the Blair hat trick game and have seen us get 2 in a game a few times as well, Sheridan's 2 against Oldham in the 90/91 promotion season and Bannister missing twice in a game at Wolves come to mind, but I can't remember us ever being awarded pens on 3 consecutive weekends, or 3 games in a row. Obviously the Birmingham game was in between the first 2 hence me saying 3 Saturdays in a row rather than 3 games.

We only got 4 in the whole of last season, with 2 of those being in the second half of the final match. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I think our best penalty was the one Colin West took in front of the Kop....just for the sheer sodding comedic value...

Got awarded...no bugger wanted to take it..

.cue

arguing...

cue

Colin West taking it on...

cue...

40 yd run up...

cue

Ball hits 5 arches on Herries road

The amazing thing is it was so bad, even a miserable chuff like me had to laugh. 

Mark Smith was my fave Owls penalty taker - got about 7 one season but if anyone looks it up, it will be about three. 

Maybe the refs have decided their little joke against us, ongoing from the ref’s annual Christmas do 1997, has now run it’s course, and it’s time to concentrate on winding up another club. 

Let’s hope it’s Sheffield United’s turn until the year 2043