Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

Just now, Royal_D said:

The EFL don’t know there right hand from there left, worth remembering they have just stood and watched a club in Bury fall out of the league and nearly lost another in Bolton and not really done anything to help either situation, AND have put up a strong fight to further punish Bolton with point deductions for some bizarre reason when a clubs entire future is at stake 

There statement is a shot in the dark best attempt to keep your Steve Gibson’s quiet that there doing something to enforce a FFP scheme that doesn’t work 

Thats your view. Enjoy it.

I was merely stating that the EFL have voiced there area of concern. People were saying they were unsure. Lets see what the outcome is.

6 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Thats your view. Enjoy it.

I was merely stating that the EFL have voiced there area of concern. People were saying they were unsure. Lets see what the outcome is.

Just to add this. If the EFL really dont know what they are doing, DC has all his paperwork in order and all the accounting was done correctly as people have alluded to then the club has nothing to worry about.

3 minutes ago, billyblack said:

The statement they issued has told us where there issues lie.

Yes - 14/11/19:

The EFL has reviewed a large number of documents obtained from the Club as part of this process and concluded there is sufficient evidence to justify issuing charges of Misconduct. The charges are in respect of a number of allegations regarding the process of how and when the stadium was sold and the inclusion of the profits in the 2017/18 accounts.

All charges will be considered by an independent Disciplinary Commission and, if the charges are proven, the Commission can impose any of the sanctions set out in EFL Regulation 92.2.

So the charge is Misconduct to which there is no apparent precedent in this case. The penalties in 92.2, if found guilty are so wide; from 92.2.1 order a party to do or refrain from doing anything, to 92.2.9 recommend expulsion from membership of The League, any talk of points deduction is premature.

Three weeks ago that press release was issued, and nothing has changed. Some hack then realized that appendix 3 Owners & Directors Test is triggered and those Directors (Relevant Persons) at the time of the accounts' period could also be implicated. It was there all along:

(d) in relation to the assessment of their compliance with this Appendix 3 (and/or any similar or equivalent rules of the Premier League and/or Football Association) at any time, they were found to have:

(i) failed to provide all relevant information (including, without limitation, information relating to any other individual who would qualify as a Relevant Person but has not been disclosed, including where they are acting as a proxy, agent or nominee for another Person); or

(ii) provided false, misleading or inaccurate information,

• Thanks 1

Just now, Animis said:

Yes - 14/11/19:

The EFL has reviewed a large number of documents obtained from the Club as part of this process and concluded there is sufficient evidence to justify issuing charges of Misconduct. The charges are in respect of a number of allegations regarding the process of how and when the stadium was sold and the inclusion of the profits in the 2017/18 accounts.

All charges will be considered by an independent Disciplinary Commission and, if the charges are proven, the Commission can impose any of the sanctions set out in EFL Regulation 92.2.

So the charge is Misconduct to which there is no apparent precedent in this case. The penalties in 92.2, if found guilty are so wide; from 92.2.1 order a party to do or refrain from doing anything, to 92.2.9 recommend expulsion from membership of The League, any talk of points deduction is premature.

Three weeks ago that press release was issued, and nothing has changed. Some hack then realized that appendix 3 Owners & Directors Test is triggered and those Directors (Relevant Persons) at the time of the accounts' period could also be implicated. It was there all along:

(d) in relation to the assessment of their compliance with this Appendix 3 (and/or any similar or equivalent rules of the Premier League and/or Football Association) at any time, they were found to have:

(i) failed to provide all relevant information (including, without limitation, information relating to any other individual who would qualify as a Relevant Person but has not been disclosed, including where they are acting as a proxy, agent or nominee for another Person); or

(ii) provided false, misleading or inaccurate information,

Thanks, i had read that but others obviously hadnt.

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

At no point was anyone on the edge of their seat under Stu stewardship, nice bloke that he was and he did indeed sign some decent players but his tactics and the football he conjured was terrible.  

Having said that he would have made a very decent trainer and was disappointed that he didn't stick around.

Edge of your seat lol 

Depends If your only interested in spangly flicks and tricks bud. 

I loved all the westty wonder saves last gasp tackles and everyone battling as a team and throwing bodies on the line. 

It was even more nerve racking if we had grabbed a goal and where defending for our lives. 

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

Depends If your only interested in spangly flicks and tricks bud. 

I loved all the westty wonder saves last gasp tackles and everyone battling as a team and throwing bodies on the line. 

It was even more nerve racking if we had grabbed a goal and where defending for our lives. 

Each to their own but for me watching us play in CC first season was edge of your seat stuff.  The crowd watched the game instead of discussing banal crap with their mates.

Christ knows why CC changed his strategy and tactics.  

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

Each to their own but for me watching us play in CC first season was edge of your seat stuff.  The crowd watched the game instead of discussing banal crap with their mates.

Christ knows why CC changed his strategy and tactics.  

As you say each to their own bud. 

As for cc we got lucky over and over with dramatic late winners that papered over the cracks of his system and styles frailties in the first season as we conceded too many first half goals and had to throw the kitchen sink at it second half as my memory serves me. 

I think he realised this and tried to keep us tighter at the back and not concede as many first half goals. 

We still ended up having to have a real go second half though. 

31 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Just to add this. If the EFL really dont know what they are doing, DC has all his paperwork in order and all the accounting was done correctly as people have alluded to then the club has nothing to worry about.

The King of Competence will triumph again. 

4 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Not obvious or unusual according to a few folk who actually know what they’re talking about on here.

Folk are always very ready to “take sides” on here when our club is under attack for various stuff and 99% of the time it’s our side.

Very strange it’s not the case, and hasn’t been ever, with concerns to anything relating to DC for a group of posters on here.

I think, had this been an exception - a one off - then there would perhaps be more support for him on here.

As it is, we have been sponsored by non-existent companies for a while now and been asked to buy into ridiculous schemes to drag us out of potential FFP punishments. 

Much of the support on here has even missed the point - selling the ground, although not palatable, is / was not against the rules. Inflating the value and, even more so, backdating it, very much is. 

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

Or, as has been suggested before on here. The auditors took their time to ensure they were happy with everything before signing the accounts off.

what happens with these auditors that have signed these Potentially illegal books off ??  If the EFL are saying there incorrect will the auditors also be in trouble ?

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

For all ANY of us know , this could still be the case 

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

what happens with these auditors that have signed these Potentially illegal books off ??  If the EFL are saying there incorrect will the auditors also be in trouble ?

I would have thought it unlikely that the auditors would sign off anything they weren't 100% sure of. Their credibility and that of the firm they work for would be ruined if the EFL proved that.

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I would have thought it unlikely that the auditors would sign off anything they weren't 100% sure of. Their credibility and that of the firm they work for would be ruined if the EFL proved that.

Good mate of mine said same to me earlier, one of these accountancy firms throwing some legal action in the EFL’s direction might not be a million miles away 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Good mate of mine said same to me earlier, one of these accountancy firms throwing some legal action in the EFL’s direction might not be a million miles away 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jul/10/watchdog-finds-work-of-patisserie-valerie-auditor-unacceptable

https://www.accountancyage.com/2018/05/16/auditors-in-the-dock-over-carillion-as-report-calls-for-big-four-break-up/

Auditors are far from infallible.