Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Gray told me and a bunch of other Wednesdayites a few years ago that he’d never heard of Bus and Melo when they signed. Wasn’t his call. 

Yet people still talk about the money Carlos wasted

I do think we've gone down a different path more recently howveer

Just now, Ash76 said:

Yet people still talk about the money Carlos wasted

I do think we've gone down a different path more recently howveer

Carlos had a list of targets. Then it’s up to those above him to get the deals over the line. That’s where the problem lied.

But yes it seems things have finally changed with the addition of Bruce’s recruitment team. Unfortunately we are now being punished for 2 seasons of terrible signings and decisions in the transfer market. 

44 minutes ago, billyblack said:

I didnt want him to fail, why would I. However i think he has failed. Lets wait for the outcome of the hearing though. Theres a difference between wanting people to fail or voicing their displeasure at the way the club is being run.

Fully aware there’s a difference , and still stand by many wanting him to fail for a long time , immediately from the off ? Probably not but the last 2 years ?  Absolutely 

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

How does that compare with other clubs?  Genuine question, how many players turn out to be 'successful' signings?

There is no way I can provide a direct answer.  However, I can infer from the fact that not many clubs are charged with breaching P&S in the Championship, that most clubs have their finances somewhat in order.  That would in turn suggest that most clubs get more right than wrong when it comes to signings both in quantity and quality.  We made mistakes in not only the quality of our signings but also the number of pointless signings.  

6 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

If he was as good as you infer he's be in a management role now, he did well with limited resources playing a very defensive way and had a very poor January transfer window (Sergiu Bus).

He helped Fulham get promoted to the premier league and is now assistant to Scott Parker - Fulham current sit 3 in the championship. So he has been working in the top flight, so not bad I would say.

But Indeed the one window he had under DC was not great he spent the big sum of £1m on Bus, Melo and Vermijl we would later sell Vermijl to Preston for £600k making a profit on what he paid for him.  But you can definitely say he would not have spent £60M+ on players, to be no a lot higher in the league that when he left us. Any fees would have been on player he thought he could improve or players who would be future assets to the club.

When DC first breezed into the club he stated that he knew nothing of football, he immediately appointed advisers which seemed a great idea for a man who admittedly had little knowledge of the game, why these advisers quickly departed is relatively unknown, what followed appears to be a bit of a Yosser Hughes "I can do that" type of attitude from the chairman, football is awash with money and there'll always be people queuing up to relieve you of it if your out of your depth. Had the advisers route been carried through I think we'd be in a much healthier position right now.

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

There is no way I can provide a direct answer.  However, I can infer from the fact that not many clubs are charged with breaching P&S in the Championship, that most clubs have their finances somewhat in order.  That would in turn suggest that most clubs get more right than wrong when it comes to signings both in quantity and quality.  We made mistakes in not only the quality of our signings but also the number of pointless signings.  

Hmmmm would need more convincing.   

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Fully aware there’s a difference , and still stand by many wanting him to fail for a long time , immediately from the off ? Probably not but the last 2 years ?  Absolutely 

Is that to me or in general? For me. If found guilty of misconduct or fraud then its the final straw. I havent been happy with his acumen the last couple of years for various things. Wanting him to fail is a bit strong, wanting him to change tack is more appropriate. I dont apologise for having that stance.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He helped Fulham get promoted to the premier league and is now assistant to Scott Parker - Fulham current sit 3 in the championship. So he has been working in the top flight, so not bad I would say.

But Indeed the one window he had under DC was not great he spent the big sum of £1m on Bus, Melo and Vermijl we would later sell Vermijl to Preston for £600k making a profit on what he paid for him.  But you can definitely say he would not have spent £60M+ on players, to be no a lot higher in the league that when he left us. Any fees would have been on player he thought he could improve or players who would be future assets to the club.

All well and good but football is littered with good coaches and assistants who never make the step up. The second half of the season he was in charge we a definite low point, we were awful.

Just now, billyblack said:

Is that to me or in general? For me. If found guilty of misconduct or fraud then its the final straw. I havent been happy with his acumen the last couple of years for various things. Wanting him to fail is a bit strong, wanting him to change tack is more appropriate. I dont apologise for having that stance.

In General fella, everyone’s entitled to opinions etc this is a forum and stuff will get discussed it’s simple as that 

There’s people who defend the chairman, happy clappers whatever people wanna call them and I’ve had it levelled at me , I don’t agree but I DO accept this mentality exists amongst fan base 

But what I don’t agree with is the people who constantly slate not just the owner , but everything the club does , and I’m sick and tired of people claiming these people don’t exist fobbing it off as ‘fans’ who want the best for the club and everyone who doesn’t agree is a thick happy clapper ... it does exist not only on this forum but amongst the fan base in general and for me it’s becoming a huge problem 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

In General fella, everyone’s entitled to opinions etc this is a forum and stuff will get discussed it’s simple as that 

There’s people who defend the chairman, happy clappers whatever people wanna call them and I’ve had it levelled at me , I don’t agree but I DO accept this mentality exists amongst fan base 

But what I don’t agree with is the people who constantly slate not just the owner , but everything the club does , and I’m sick and tired of people claiming these people don’t exist fobbing it off as ‘fans’ who want the best for the club and everyone who doesn’t agree is a thick happy clapper ... it does exist not only on this forum but amongst the fan base in general and for me it’s becoming a huge problem 

Fair enough 

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

You sound like a very unhappy clapper. 

36 minutes ago, pussface said:

Not really since Westwood, Lees, Lee and Hutchinson have been the spine of that era team.

interestingly those signings you cite were made when DC still had football advisors at the club...why did they all leave?

There’s a list further her up the thread on the calibre of signings which followed after that superb summer transfer window...

I'm not disputing that the transfer committee was disbanded far too quickly, and since then our transfer strategy hasn't been very good. 

What you said though was: 

Bannon aside (who was also free) our best players in the DC era were already at the club before he took over.

There are many criticisms to have with him, but i don't think this one is a fair - that transfer committee that you refer to was under him, it was in his era, the players we signed that season was within the Chansiri era. So to suggest that our best players were already here, is disingenuous.

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

All well and good but football is littered with good coaches and assistants who never make the step up. The second half of the season he was in charge we a definite low point, we were awful.

Yes indeed but he is kind of in a difficult position, when a club is taken over and by a foreign owner, a manager knows he is probably going to get the sack, very rarely does he stay on. I think we were linked with everyone including Erikson when DC came in.

We were playing on a pitch still recovering from the floods, years early but with no money to rip it up and start again, it was painful watching but to Gray's credit with a team of free agents and loans, with one or two signing we managed to finish a very creditable 13th the fact we had more wins away from home which kind of showed how bad the pitch was.

Look if the team had won the play off final and not bottled it on the day, we all would be a lot happier and the club a lot richer but we didn't and from that point onwards there has only been a season to season plan of managing the club. No long term strategy for the club and the hole we have been digging has been getting bigger and bigger as the seasons go on. The sale of the stadium though not welcomed by most, was a loop hole to get out of the messy the club had been managed into, unfortunately for DC and the rest it would appear the EFL do not believe the way this was done adheres to the rule of the EFL.

We await their decision some time in the next 6 months. Hopefully early enough that if we do get a points deduction we can make sure we don't get relegated because of it.

2 hours ago, Animis said:

We don't know that yet - he hasn't tried to hide anything, as it was all in the accounts; accounts which were signed off and in line with accountancy practice and rules.

If the EFL think it's all pushing the boundaries too much - but how much is too much? They may just be going through the motions to warn any club of this type of behavior in future.

At present I'm struggling to see what rules we've actually broken.

The statement they issued has told us where there issues lie.

11 minutes ago, billyblack said:

The statement they issued has told us where there issues lie.

The EFL don’t know there right hand from there left, worth remembering they have just stood and watched a club in Bury fall out of the league and nearly lost another in Bolton and not really done anything to help either situation, AND have put up a strong fight to further punish Bolton with point deductions for some bizarre reason when a clubs entire future is at stake 

There statement is a shot in the dark best attempt to keep your Steve Gibson’s quiet that there doing something to enforce a FFP scheme that doesn’t work