This season.

First of all let me say that I'm unclear as to the punishment that may or may not be doled out in relation to the club's alleged financial indiscretions. 

With this in mind, if the club are deemed to have transgressed, when would any points deductions take place? 

I'd heard that if a deduction either secured relegation or prevented a playoff place they would be imposed.

If we fell between these two stools the penalty may be held over until the following season?

Just want to clarify if this is the case or not. 

If so the best we can do is qualify for top six and accept we will take no part in playoffs.

Worst case would be finishing low half of table with the deduction resulting in relegation. 

Anything outside these two scenarios would mean the penalty would rollover. 

Is this right?

Doesn't seem fair that the EFL can hedge its bets in this way. 

If its right the performances on the pitch are pretty much an irrelevance this season and it's all about restructuring the team for when we are clear of these issues.

Sorry for long post. 

Got a bit carried away :huh:

I very much doubt that they are allowed to withhold a points deduction if it doesn’t cost a club a play off place or relegation I think Birmingham’s deduction last season was confirmed after the season had finished so I wouldn’t worry too much about that scenario playing out

3 minutes ago, erowl said:

If guilty it must be a swift process and take any hit this season.

I don't think we are good enough anyway and it'll give us a chance to unload next summer to regroup and have a clear run at next season

That's what I'm getting at. 

If any sanctions must be applied this season then at least we know what we're dealing with. 

Not getting relegated would be a reasonable outcome. 

We can start the rebuild in the meantime. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

That's what I'm getting at. 

If any sanctions must be applied this season then at least we know what we're dealing with. 

Not getting relegated would be a reasonable outcome. 

We can start the rebuild in the meantime

Can we, or do we have to wait until everything is dealt with.

The January transfer window isn't looking like that sparkling.

I propose that if the offence occurred last season then in fairness it should be backdated........12pt deduction, let the record show we finished 17th last season!!! Seems fair and reasonable lol

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I propose that if the offence occurred last season then in fairness it should be backdated........12pt deduction, let the record show we finished 17th last season!!! Seems fair and reasonable lol

Honestly. 

You lot do my bulb in :ghoulguy:

It's like the comedians in here. 

For all of you under 40 here's a taste... 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Honestly. 

Talking of classic comedians. When the late great Dave Allen passed away (RIP),  for about 5 minutes Owlstalk went into excited meltdown. Harsh but true.

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Honestly. 

Mate, it times of trouble it's a case of resorting to humour to get through, alternately we could take the official club stance which is......

headinsand_getty_crop_nov_2014_0.thumb.png.c2216a077d33fb33fbfaf05568e32716.png

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

I don't know if you are right. Probably as EFL do what they want when they want. They have nobody to answer to.

The EFL is run by the clubs ultimately isn't it? Enough of the victim poo . If we've fooked up we take the punishment and crack on. I quite enjoy Div 3 every now and again. It's cleansing - like a dip in Windermere on New Year's Day. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, rickygoo said:

The EFL is run by the clubs ultimately isn't it? Enough of the victim poo . If we've fooked up we take the punishment and crack on. I quite enjoy Div 3 every now and again. It's cleansing - like a dip in Windermere on New Year's Day. 

Is it bollockz!!! Wycombe crewe and gillingham can do one!!!!

The old ruling used to be that the points  were deducted for the season after the offence, this was more in instances when clubs went into administration timed to have the least effect, whoever the governing body was at the time then ruled that they start the following season with minus points. The people that run football now seem to not work to any rules and are even above the law of the lad ffs. I honestly don’t think they’ll forcibly relegate us but I think they will prevent us going up (should we not do that ourselves), the bad thing is they have effectively killed this season off and it’s the people who have paid good money for ST’s etc that I feel most sorry for.

• Like 1