This season.

10 minutes ago, Neon Nick said:

Thank you for that about parachute payments.  I did not know.  Still, I don't like the idea.  As for the NFL, some wouldn't make a dime were it not for "collective distribution", Green Bay for one.  Is there any such concept in English Football?

The TV rights are equally distributed amongst the teams in both the Premier League and EFL leagues. This is where the large discrepancy is. Each Premier League team is given just over £90m in TV money, plus £1.1m extra per televised game after 10 games are televised (£12.3m guaranteed for each team, even if they don't get 10 games chosen). On top of this, there is the prize money, which goes from £2m for 20th place to £39m for 1st. 

The TV money for the other 72 EFL clubs is £595m over 5 years. Each Championship club gets around £4m per season and £100,000 for a home televised game and £10,000 for an away game. This is why clubs need parachute payments, there is a drop of nearly 95% in TV revenue when you're relegated. 

4 minutes ago, Minton said:

The TV rights are equally distributed amongst the teams in both the Premier League and EFL leagues. This is where the large discrepancy is. Each Premier League team is given just over £90m in TV money, plus £1.1m extra per televised game after 10 games are televised (£12.3m guaranteed for each team, even if they don't get 10 games chosen). On top of this, there is the prize money, which goes from £2m for 20th place to £39m for 1st. 

The TV money for the other 72 EFL clubs is £595m over 5 years. Each Championship club gets around £4m per season and £100,000 for a home televised game and £10,000 for an away game. This is why clubs need parachute payments, there is a drop of nearly 95% in TV revenue when you're relegated. 

Wow!!!  So, the 1st Tier get's all the money because they get the most TV-time. I guess that's fair enough, but would hazard a guess that other Tiers, namely the 2nd, would get as much viewing.  Personally, I don't watch Tier 1, because it's not where Wednesday is, and there are probably many more like me, I couldn't tell you the current Tier 1 standings. 

6 minutes ago, Neon Nick said:

Wow!!!  So, the 1st Tier get's all the money because they get the most TV-time. I guess that's fair enough, but would hazard a guess that other Tiers, namely the 2nd, would get as much viewing.  Personally, I don't watch Tier 1, because it's not where Wednesday is, and there are probably many more like me, I couldn't tell you the current Tier 1 standings. 

Globally, the TV audience for the Premier League is 4.1bn people. The championship is far, far lower. Hence the £2.2bn per year TV deal for the Premier League

• Thanks 1