EFL Statement

Wolves had the right idea. Build a Premier League team for the Championship and effectively guarantee promotion. You obviously get promotion, and have a ready made side for the top league so don’t have to spend a heap when you get there. 

Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, SiJ said:

They spent money they didn't have.

Our crime has been spending money we did have. 

I understand that but haven't we broke the rules by doing that?

The last thing I want is for us to face a points deduction, but I've absolutely no doubt if this situation was faced upon one of our promotion competitors, we as a fan base would be up in arms and saying " serves them right"

Taking off my blue and white specs for a minute I am appalled by what's seemingly gone off. Maybe it's my age as I still believe in fair play and not a win at all costs attitude.

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

Wolves had the right idea. Build a Premier League team for the Championship and effectively guarantee promotion. You obviously get promotion, and have a ready made side for the top league so don’t have to spend a heap when you get there. 

Something tells me if we tried that we'd would end up with AFC Wednesday rather than SWFC being in the Premier League...

12 minutes ago, vulva said:

Yep. No half measures: get with a genuine super agent in Mendes rather than Doyen and Paxo.

14 minutes ago, vulva said:

We did a BTEC Wolves basically.

Although I don’t think Chansiri has the money or connections that Wolves had. They had Jorge Mendes, we had the chairman’s advisors.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

13 minutes ago, vulva said:

Very true. They didn’t spend big on Championship players like us they spent big on Champions League players

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

Yep. No half measures: get with a genuine super agent in Mendes rather than Doyen and Paxo.

WE tried though didn't we?

Thats where all the problems stem from..That first mad escapade with Carlos...The Hordes at Wembley, then got done...

It was like sorta trying to climb Everest...stoppin' for a crap on the Hillary step...then slipping off as you pulled yer pants up...

Then on the second expedition...slippin' in the crap you dropped the year before...since then we've taken up potholin'

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Looks like we broke the rules overspending and then got caught trying to cover it up.

I can see more than 12 points getting deducted.

All we can do is accept it and carry on supporting the team.  They are going to need our support after the points have been docked.

I am seriously concerned about the competency of our owner.  Big heart, deep pockets, loves the club - but is making mistake after mistake.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Heard the expert on radio at lunchtime. 

He said the company that supposedly bought Hillsborough, didn’t even exist when the sale went through. He also said it was 14 months after that that land registry was updated with new owners. Seemed to indicate DC has tried it on and got caught, hence the type of charge we are facing. 

He also mentioned the value of the ground which seems a little harder to accuse us of ‘over valuing’ 

Is this ok with HMRC though? I don't know enough about accounting to know whether you can backdate and offset things in these circumstances, but presumably that's what our accountant did.

It would be very strange to me if the accounts were accepted as being legit by HMRC, but not the EFL. You would need to run two parallel sets of accounts in that case?

3 minutes ago, fife_owl said:

Looks like we broke the rules overspending and then got caught trying to cover it up.

I can see more than 12 points getting deducted.

All we can do is accept it and carry on supporting the team.  They are going to need our support after the points have been docked.

I am seriously concerned about the competency of our owner.  Big heart, deep pockets, loves the club - but is making mistake after mistake.

Very true. We spend too much time talking about off the field issues since Chansiri has arrived. Ticket prices, late kits, SAG, Radio Sheffield fallout, FFP, transfer embargo’s, Club 1867 and now this.

Something isn’t right at our club. 

1 minute ago, 1993swfc said:

Very true. We spend too much time talking about off the field issues since Chansiri has arrived. Ticket prices, late kits, SAG, Radio Sheffield fallout, FFP, transfer embargo’s, Club 1867 and now this.

Something isn’t right at our club. 

Yea..Like ticket prices, SAG etc....

Its T8ts up on and off the pitch really isn't it?

What exactly happens if we get docked enough points to put us outta the promotion equation?

I'll tell you what...If we do get docked points ..Delphjon needs to hope its enough points to get us in a relegation fight...Cos the fans won't tip up at these prices with nowt to fight for..

Wedding or a Funeral Owls fans...always has been

• Like 2