EFL Statement

6 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

You have totally lost me now mate, if we jus say its a free for all then the games gone. close the doors its over now. the 9 clubs that have success over the 3 years may or may not make money that would depend on how they did in the prem and what happened to the business model on expenditure.  the fact is what you are saying is if clubs go bust so be it, thats life jsut let it be a free for all. that is possibly the maddest thing i have heard on solutions to this problem yet.  its like a game of russian roulette

hahaha, were all here talking about accountants and financial fair play instead of football , you genuinely don’t think the games already gone ?  It’s long long long gone 

A team you support is for life ,We are not the plastic glory hunting Man city fans ,Our Grandfathers ,Or our fathers might have Supported Wednesday ,Its in our blood ,We might have to bite the bullet and take some pain ,So what I am an Owl tied my colours to the mast for life ,Took my sons as soon as I could ,All they ever wanted was a Wednesday shirt ,No Barcelona ones in my house .Take the pain but never forsake this great club. What ever happens .

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

What the parachute payments are for are not what they are used for.

The parachute payments for the club getting them should be excluded from the calculations when working out the £13m limit that is the only way to make the system fairer other than scrapping them all together.

There would however be about another 10 teams in our division that would now be under sanctions.

Would prefer to see parachute payments significantly reduced or scrapped, with onus on clubs to reduce basic salaries and increase bonuses to reward promotion / avoiding relegation.

7 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

On the contrary,i said in reply to one of your posts,there is no "we" here,its Mr Chairman's money that has been spent,he's the one Millions of pounds in to this,he's the one keeping the club going,has always said he has the money to do so...................................you disagreed with that.

I'm not saying its right,just saying that's how it is.

Ok, in that case i get your point. I agree with what you say, i disagree with the principle.

37 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

in principal if they govern it well it stops owners flipping up clubs. the problem is they dont, and they are letting clubs take the wee wee, like derby like us and villa and many more.......... if your saying there shouldnt be restrictions thats madness. so if we let our owner or qpr owner or any other owner go and spunk 100 million this season on a all or nothing gamble the owner if he loses can strip the assets and close it down. 

worse case scenario for owner is they took a big gamble and lost, that was their choice, the clubs and fans dont get one  we have to be protected.

Protected from what ?  What do the EFL do to ‘protect’ us ??   Bearing in mind they have just stood idly by and watched Bury go to the wall under a corrupt owner they endorsed , and are doing everything in there power to further sanction a club in Bolton who also nearly went to the wall this summer 

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

read back my posts, loss limits are set too high, and that is slowly seeing teams go bust, if you ignore it and let owners do what they please and gamble even more it doesnt help does it? 

i have stated about 40 times in this thread alone and multiple  topics about this that the efl have this wrong, the loss limits need lowering i have also offered ideas on solutions like owners giving personal guarantees if they want to gamble and overspend ( let them take the risk not the club) 

but nowhere in all my days can i see lettign people spend even more without being under control is going to help. 

Personally fail to see what the EFL do period to help anyone, there’s nothing fair about there financial restrictions , whole

game inside out is corrupt from top to bottom 

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

mate im really sorry and maybe im missing something but i really dont understand. i have said the rules and losses are set way too high. at this level if everyone pushes to max loss in our league only 9 teams will succeed and potentially 61 will fail. how does letting peope spend whatever they want help that? it would be worse.

What you have to remember is if clubs go bust it isnt just football its every single supplier in the club, local national companies unpaid. why should owners be allowed to do that?

there has to be restrictions and it has to be much lower. like i said make owners sign personal guarantees against losses above 2 million at there club. then if they gamble the owner loses not the club, not the fans, not the suppliers.   

if this happened you wouldnt get many owners trying to spend and gamble 

It's a good idea, the guarantee from the owner. I'm arguing for no restriction on spending if there is no wage cap. 

Sorry if your confused. I'm not the best at writing down what's in my head.

6 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

What makes you think we'll get deducted more points than Birmingham did last season?

Birmingham didn't get the maximum points deduction , if the 60 million isn't allowed to buy the  ground as for one it wasn't sold until this year not 2017/18 im no lawyer legal eagle so maybe someone in that line can get us off . but im sure the league are trying to make a club pay a heavy penalty and if they can make out and prove that chansiri has done something very wrong then im sure they will give us the maximum points deduction for going well over the 39 million and a serious misconduct charge on top that could be extra points ,fine ,embargos . like I said the league want to make someone pay as an example , could have been derby,birmingham,reading but it seems they see us as the prize . I hope this all goes away but I think that would be a miracle . the job now has to get as many points as possible as I don't know what kind of place the club would be in league 1 with massive debts and an embargo. 

8 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

nah its like i said things can get lost in translation. 

imo though i still state with no restrictions gives the owners licence to take one big gamble with no recourse. they know the gamble they arent paying 100 million in that year as most player sales, etc will be instalments, meaning if they walk after the gamble one year on they havnt really spent 100  mill they have walked away and left the debt with the club. with nothing to hold them accountable, the club then  then in turn cant pay suppliers and staff.   

I do agree no restrictions gives the owners license to do their worst and the guarantee would be a great idea to combat this. But I also argue it's the only way to have any kind of fairness if wages remain uncapped.

I also argue that the current two tier system, PL and the rest, should come under the same rules and laws. It's OUR national game.

Thirty years ago I was following a team that was playing curiously well, but could scarcely score a goal, let alone land a point. Then it clicked. We looked a really good team. Oh, and then we went down.

Twenty years ago I was following a team which has been allowed to decay over the decade by a board of well-meaning halfwits (and Joe Ashton, also a halfwit, but not well-meaning). We were about to go over the edge. 

Ten years ago it's all a bit blurry; I saw us less when the kids were young. But we almost went bankrupt, employed the deputy head of catering from Preston as manager, and got relegated live on proper TV.

Actually, by and large the results don't matter so much to me. My son's first game (he went to slip). The first game he was interested. The shirt that went below his knees. Hugging the kids when we scored in the 57th minute of stoppage time against Barnsley. WhatsApps from the lad, now living away, about prospects for the afternoon.

Ten years time I'll still be following them, if I'm still here. 

So will you lot.

Be nice to each other. All this will pass.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

One from the bed wetters for you Freshowl

Most ignorance is evincible ignorance. We don't know because we don't want to know. 

Don’t want to know what mate? I’m completely clued up on the situation.

It’s all you lot going batshiit crazy making all these assumptions.

Pass the noose when you’re finished with it 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Birmingham didn't get the maximum points deduction , if the 60 million isn't allowed to buy the  ground as for one it wasn't sold until this year not 2017/18 im no lawyer legal eagle so maybe someone in that line can get us off . but im sure the league are trying to make a club pay a heavy penalty and if they can make out and prove that chansiri has done something very wrong then im sure they will give us the maximum points deduction for going well over the 39 million and a serious misconduct charge on top that could be extra points ,fine ,embargos . like I said the league want to make someone pay as an example , could have been derby,birmingham,reading but it seems they see us as the prize . I hope this all goes away but I think that would be a miracle . the job now has to get as many points as possible as I don't know what kind of place the club would be in league 1 with massive debts and an embargo. 

Guardian thought 21 points but that may be wild speculation!

5 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Yes. But more specifically. We can expect if penalised to be penalised worse then Birmingham because there is a more serious charge. The charge is misconduct - which I am taking to mean not just that we were in breach of the FFP regulations but we did dodgy things to avoid or disguise that. Birmingham were not - as I understand it - charged with misconduct.

David Conn's piece in the Guardian covers this. I know mention of the Guardian sets people off, but Conn is a serious journalist. 

11 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Guardian thought 21 points but that may be wild speculation!

21 point, flipping jeez, that'll kill us. 

Hopefully its wild speculation. 

I very much agree and suspect the efl want to make someone pay. 

How do we counter it? Threaten to resign ou rmembership, lobby others to follow?  Encourage a breakway league. 

Or just accept, take it and crack on?

Somebody might as well take a stand. I dont like to think well take this laying down. You see, it chicken and egg for me, dont put restrictive rules on your members in a loaded competition. 

Edited by Maddogbob