“We should be beating teams like Sheffield Wednesday”

10 minutes ago, OzOwl said:

Yes he did say that and mate it was very disrespectful for a team in our position, that is why we should have collectively as a team rammed those words down his throat and we buckled like little girls on their first halloween.

This squad is spineless, we need to get shut of the bulk of it.

what a fool, some one should press him on what he meant !!

but yeah they all want flippingfor those last 7 minutes yesterday 

Yesterday we should have won, we were 1 up with 10 minutes to play.
We made a couple of errors. For the first Iorfa gets beaten at the back post, and it loops over Westwood who is too near to the front post. For the second Borner miss kicked a clearance. Problem with yesterday for some was that the errors did not come from the usual whipping boys who could have been blamed.

49 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Had Dawson conceded that goal yesterday there would be a thread about him and people would be slagging off his positioning and saying how he doesn’t command his area. People were even slating him for his save against Stoke saying he should have come and caught the initial cross.

Bewildering isn’t it . He’s been really good this season when called upon due to Westwood’s injuries / foolishness against reading . 

westwood on the other hand has made several gaffs , yesterday , reading , Fulham’s goal was dire as well to name 3. It’s not a who’s better or I know more competition . For me he’s way past his best and I think many fans look through rose tinted specs where he is concerned 

6 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Bewildering isn’t it . He’s been really good this season when called upon due to Westwood’s injuries / foolishness against reading . 

westwood on the other hand has made several gaffs , yesterday , reading , Fulham’s goal was dire as well to name 3. It’s not a who’s better or I know more competition . For me he’s way past his best and I think many fans look through rose tinted specs where he is concerned 

The problem is fans want to jump to extremes and call one or the other poo.

Dawsons shot stopping is his best area but his error for Cardiffs equaliser were sloppy. He was too timid in complaining about their offside player and his position was all wrong. He also still lacks a bit of confidence in dealing with crosses. However I rate him and think he will improve further. But all fans should support him and not get on his back/ call him daft names. Same with Westwood.

5 hours ago, The Horse said:

Which makes it even more frustrating that we play defensive.

We still have more attacking talent than most. Harris, Forestieri, Bannan, Winnall, Fletcher, Luongo. 

Just let the shackles off and let em have a go. We look far more comfortable on the offensive than trying to contain teams anyways. Sod the 'we'll leave it until the 65th minute' tactic. This league is there to be had this season.

It's gashh.

Stop treating it like it's 3-D chess.

Bang on

we won’t go up this season because we’re scared of having a go

pigs weren’t scared and look where they are now 

18 minutes ago, Swifty75 said:

Yesterday we should have won, we were 1 up with 10 minutes to play.
We made a couple of errors. For the first Iorfa gets beaten at the back post, and it loops over Westwood who is too near to the front post. For the second Borner miss kicked a clearance. Problem with yesterday for some was that the errors did not come from the usual whipping boys who could have been blamed.

A couple of errors didn’t lose us the game yesterday

We sit too deep inviting pressure from poor sides

Then try and go for a panic win in the last 20 minutes

Pathetic tactics against some of the worse sides I’ve ever seen in the championship

we don’t deserve promotion

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 442 said:

Old guard need shipping out.

Not refreshed our squad in years.

Is the old guard Westwood & Lee, players that this site seemed so keen on keeping at the end of last season. Or is it Bannan  & Hutchinson, players regularly mentioned on here as the most committed. 

I'd say we don't need Rhodes in the squad, but who would you let go today.

We got rid of some deadwood at the end of last season, brought in some useful recruits this season. Last week this site was full of how we're a top six side. 

If we win next week it will be the same. 

Perspective is needed. We don't need a clear out, just the right additions.

This league is wide open, at least we've got off to a start that gives us a chance.

16 minutes ago, horny owl said:

A couple of errors didn’t lose us the game yesterday

We sit too deep inviting pressure from poor sides

Then try and go for a panic win in the last 20 minutes

Pathetic tactics against some of the worse sides I’ve ever seen in the championship

we don’t deserve promotion

We lost to Blackburn, in November. And we don't deserve promotion. 

There's some proper bed-wetters on 'ere this morning.

• Thanks 1

I’m absolutely staggered on the huge overreaction on this and other threads after yesterday’s defeat. Yes, Im absolutely gutted with the manner of the defeat but posters calling for clear outs, calling out Monk and his tactics is way over the top. So far, I’m really impressed with Garry Monk.

Get behind Monk and the team. It’s all to play for this season in a very average league. I honestly think we are good for top 6 as long as we have a good run with keeping our key players fit. We need a striker with pace in January to help the group. 

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I’m absolutely staggered on the huge overreaction on this and other threads after yesterday’s defeat. Yes, Im absolutely gutted with the manner of the defeat but posters calling for clear outs, calling out Monk and his tactics is way over the top. So far, I’m really impressed with Garry Monk.

Get behind Monk and the team. It’s all to play for this season in a very average league. I honestly think we are good for top 6 as long as we have a good run with keeping our key players fit. We need a striker with pace in January to help the group. 

I’m all for Monk but the players we have though are spineless, yesterday was all you needed to see in that set of players we have, not good enough and have had plenty of chances, the reaction was an embarrassment yesterday after what Mowbray said midweek!

9 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

It’s all to play for this season in a very average league. I honestly think we are good for top 6 as long as we have a good run with keeping our key players fit. We need a striker with pace in January to help the group. 

Mm, we don't keep key players fit, we and every club in the league need a striker with pace..and we never get one.

A very average top 10..yet we are making hard work of it.

I ain't optimistic this season, not just the Blackburn game, been plenty like it. In fact probably just the midds and leeds game where we looked ok....and midds are fooookin shyte.

We are too defensive as a team. 

We play Fletcher up front on his own and he’s expected to win the header, win his knockdown and score a goal.

We have Reach who gets the ball and instead of looking to take the player on an whip a ball in he immediately looks for Palmer with no intention of attacking and if he’s in a 50/50 he jumps over it. 

Bannan and Hutchinson sit too deep playing a 6-3-1 formation and the midfield is wide open to exploit which happens most games. 

Westwood has been Mr dependable for many years but this season a few mistakes are creeping in like palming a shot straight towards the penalty spot and his positional sense. He’s still number 1 but Dawson is catching him up pretty quick to make the spot his. 

We need to go with 4-4-2 stop isolating Fletcher and attack. 

It was Blackburn, in poor form lost something like 4 of the last 6 and no confidence. We set up to defend the game from the 1st minute gave them confidence and paid the price. If we are to challenge you have to beat teams like Blackburn, a lot of other teams manage it. 

It’s frustrating, especially after the first few games of the season when we attacked teams and high pressed them into mistakes. 

We have 4 players that regularly put in 7/10 performances, Westwood, Borner, Bannan and Fletcher, the rest go missing for weeks and there’s some that just aren’t up to the job at this level. Until we sort that expect more Hull, Cardiff and Blackburn type outcomes this season.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

We lost to Blackburn, in November. And we don't deserve promotion. 

There's some proper bed-wetters on 'ere this morning.

You think because of just one result I’ve sussed out we’re not good enough?

January can’t come quick enough because at the moment we’re there for the taking against very poor sides

The division is close enough that we probably have a shot at promotion. 

We are 7th at the moment and 4 points off top or something? 

But...this really has to be the last hurrah for most of this team. Even if we did get promoted, how many would you really look to keep? 

20 minutes ago, WadsleyOwl said:

We have 4 players that regularly put in 7/10 performances, Westwood, Borner, Bannan and Fletcher, the rest go missing for weeks and there’s some that just aren’t up to the job at this level. Until we sort that expect more Hull, Cardiff and Blackburn type outcomes this season.

I’d add Iorfa and Harris to that list but rest can go

37 minutes ago, horny owl said:

You think because of just one result I’ve sussed out we’re not good enough?

January can’t come quick enough because at the moment we’re there for the taking against very poor sides

They’re for the taking against Leeds were we ?

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs