“We should be beating teams like Sheffield Wednesday”

5 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

In all my years of supporting Wednesday, I have continually heard the phrase at least he try’s, when discussing our players. Number one, that is the minimum requirement I would expect from any player. Number two, I could drag any eleven lads out of the Park Hotel who would try their hearts out, probably wouldn’t win many games though. 

The only way to achieve is build a team that is talented enough and then committed to the cause. 

Only if I can bring my pint with me! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

At least three comments in this thread slating Westwood, if it wasn’t for him yesterday a very average Blackburn could have had 5. Oh and not one mention about iorfa who got beat at the back when he shouldn’t have. 

im sure most of the people on this site go to games with their eyes glued shut......

Any championship keeper would have made those saves.

11 hours ago, Blue and white said:

With the exception of Westwood who for me is the best keeper in the league the rest of the squad needs a shake up and a lot of players need moving on.

Especially Joey Pelupessy who is fast becoming a SWFC in being one of the worst ever players to put on a Blue and White Shirt.Needs to shipped out of S6 ASAP.:tango:

5 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Although I agree to an extent that new faces are required, when you look at the side that started yesterday only 3 players started the playoff final against Hull.

We were without our 2 best midfield players and still should have won.

I'd like us to go for teams early and put them on the back foot but Monk doesn't have the players he wants/needs to play that way. Give him a couple of transfer windows before judging him.

So far I'd give Monk a 7 or 8 for what he's done.I'm still optimistic for this season.

26 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Especially Joey Pelupessy who is fast becoming a SWFC in being one of the worst ever players to put on a Blue and White Shirt.Needs to shipped out of S6 ASAP.:tango:

Pelupessy isn't even in the top 50 worst players to play for us.

1 hour ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

No matter.Given what i'd saw from him yesterday,you can see why he's not a first team regular and never will be.:tango:

He's a squad player rather than a first team regular. He's ok, not great. He does a decent job some days, others not so much. Probably not on a big wage so we can't expect a superstar.

If you accept his limitataions, he's ok. We need better to progress, I wouldn't argue otherwise. If Bannan was fit yesterday he wouldn't have started.

We had 2 of our starting midfielders out, 'pessy was the best option according to Monk, He did his best.

Just now, prowl said:

He's a squad player rather than a first team regular. He's ok, not great. He does a decent job some days, others not so much. Probably not on a big wage so we can't expect a superstar.

If you accept his limitataions, he's ok. We need better to progress, I wouldn't argue otherwise. If Bannan was fit yesterday he wouldn't have started.

We had 2 of our starting midfielders out, 'pessy was the best option according to Monk, He did his best.

There's another way of looking at it.The side that G Monk put out yesterday was the best he'd put out given the constraints that he has to work within.:tango:

4 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

There's another way of looking at it.The side that G Monk put out yesterday was the best he'd put out given the constraints that he has to work within.:tango:

I thought that was what I said. Your is more concise.lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Pelupessy isn't even in the top 50 worst players to play for us.

Let's be honest he was bought when we were preparing for the possibility of league 1 under Jos. 

But, there is also the possibility that he can improve. Fox was getting all the crap not too long ago..remember?. He's probably one our most consistent performers at the moment.

Players can find their groove. Maybe Joey is yet to find his. At the moment he's limited.

That said. If we could transplant his commitment and passion into the other players we might get somewhere.

2 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

I’ll definitely give GM the benefit of the doubt for now. January will hopefully be a turning point for him.

The problem is the championship can’t be this bad for much longer

We have to take advantage now or we’ll never get out of this trampy league

3 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

lol ok David blunkett

Which one was so amazing then?

The first save from a header near the penalty spot, nowhere near the corner would be disappointed if any of our keepers let that in. 

Close range smother? Did what any keeper does in that situation which is make himself as big as possible and pressure the ball. Any keeper would do exactly the same it’s down to the attacker, if he shoots at the keeper it’s a good save, if he puts it to the side the keepers got no chance.

The save from the shot in the second half was pretty routine, similar to their keepers save in fact.

The header from about 8 yards? Straight at him, decent height to tip it over. Much easier save than if the attacker had headed it down. Good reactions but I would expect Dawson to save that  and I would certainly expect someone labelled as the “best keeper in the championship” to save it.

7 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

The problem is fans want to jump to extremes and call one or the other poo.

Dawsons shot stopping is his best area but his error for Cardiffs equaliser were sloppy. He was too timid in complaining about their offside player and his position was all wrong. He also still lacks a bit of confidence in dealing with crosses. However I rate him and think he will improve further. But all fans should support him and not get on his back/ call him daft names. Same with Westwood.

For me it's beginning to become a close call as to who's now the better keeper. 

Dawson has improved since last season, still areas that need working on, but he is improving, though like a quite a few of the lads though he needs to work on his mentality, be stronger and more vocal in and around his own box. 

With Westwood I'm unsure weather he's starting to be on the wane, injuries and age is beginning to catch up with him. 

Or weather its just his form has been poor this season, he's made a few mistakes and errors of judgement this season you wouldn't normally expect from him which may hopefully just be because he's trying too hard becouse he's not been up to his usual standards. 

19 hours ago, OzOwl said:

Those words should have been motivation for any team with a spine of which we have proved we don’t have.

You were right Tony, you see us for what we are thank you for pointing it out.

Go out and replace these players Mr Monk it is the only way forward!

Players who have had their time and should now go:

Westwood, Reach,Lees, Forestieri, Rhodes (don't get me started on that one), Winnall.

Get some new blood in.

11 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

are you going just off the 3 shots he saved on the sky highlights or did you actually watch the game? 1 of the 3 sky showed the tip over the bar wasn’t routine. And the other three the Sky didnt show certainly weren’t routine either. A goalkeeper and people with football know

edge would also argue the stop from close range the second you probably saw on the highlights wasn’t standard either. 

but anyway carry on slating him mr Blunkett 

Having never played in goals I can’t say I’m an expert on positioning. It doesn’t take an expert however to point out that this isn’t the right one.

9ADA03E0-661D-4680-9EC3-DA8BF8FFBCD5.png