“We should be beating teams like Sheffield Wednesday”

12 hours ago, dorian gray said:

it's his ****ing job,

(one for the older fan here) I once saw gary sprake pull off a cracking save against arsenal.

it's no use pulling off cracking saves every game, and then dropping a b*llock.

we've had a thread, or even threads running for some time now discussing dawson's reliability, he is without doubt a fantastic shot stopper, but isn't the best we've had under a cross.

IF we have to allow westwood a 'clanger' or two here and there, do we not allow dawson to struggle under a cross in games?

I imagine next season if neither improve, we'll need a keeper.

He generally gets his hands to shots that others let in! Hence the term world class save and not just ‘save’

And if you want to go down that route, it’s Rhodes job to score, Lee’s job to defend, why don’t we win every week 

the original title to this thread is we should be beating teams like us , if I was a opposition manager I would be telling my players this team is very beatable too , we must have the most toothless attack in the division ,fletcher yet again on Saturday was left up front all alone with no players from midfield quite often anywhere near him ,but I do know that the kind of striker we need costs loads and will have big wages something we cant do because chansiri let an idiot blow 100 million on transfer fees and huge contracts and it maybe 1-2 years before we are in a position to start signing players again on decent wages just lets hope when that time comes we get the right players in not players what see us as setting them up for life doing jack sh*t

On 03/11/2019 at 12:16, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Is the old guard Westwood & Lee, players that this site seemed so keen on keeping at the end of last season. Or is it Bannan  & Hutchinson, players regularly mentioned on here as the most committed. 

I'd say we don't need Rhodes in the squad, but who would you let go today.

We got rid of some deadwood at the end of last season, brought in some useful recruits this season. Last week this site was full of how we're a top six side. 

If we win next week it will be the same. 

Perspective is needed. We don't need a clear out, just the right additions.

This league is wide open, at least we've got off to a start that gives us a chance.

Totally agree. 3 good loans or purchases in January and we will make the playoffs. Only problem is do we have the finances to bring these in.

17 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

as a ex keeper he wasn’t out of position , I have agreed this season he isn’t at his full form but against Blackburn if it wasn’t for him we would have conceded 5. He pulled off some wonderful saves. 

he is, he's a good yard too far at least, and by 'good' I mean 1 yards plus.

every top goalkeeper makes mistakes and at our level quite a few, it’s just highlighted more , no much more because their mistakes cost goals. It’s also over highlighted now with tv coverage at every level. That said anyone who thinks Westwood is t in the top 2 certainly top 3 keepers in our division knows very little about goalkeeping. 
Dawson is miles behind no matter what posters think on here

westwood is better than dawson, but the gap is closing, and dawson hasn't had to get better during that period of closing.

6 hours ago, Rogers said:

He generally gets his hands to shots that others let in! Hence the term world class save and not just ‘save’

And if you want to go down that route, it’s Rhodes job to score, Lee’s job to defend, why don’t we win every week 

he is a good keeper, but he's in decline, as he was an 'outstanding' one when he arrived.

On 03/11/2019 at 00:15, OzOwl said:

Those words should have been motivation for any team with a spine of which we have proved we don’t have.

You were right Tony, you see us for what we are thank you for pointing it out.

Go out and replace these players Mr Monk it is the only way forward!

Didn't realise we could buy players with scotch mist these days.

so you wouldn’t watch the highlights and can tell he’s out of position from where the ball came from . No he’s not. And that’s Coming from a keeper. 

That explains the inability to read or form a coherent sentence then. Must be frustrating playing in defence with you in goals, watching yet another floating header go over your head into an empty net whilst seeing you just standing around on the edge of the 6 yard box.

20 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

so you wouldn’t watch the highlights and can tell he’s out of position from where the ball came from . No he’s not. And that’s Coming from a keeper. 

i don't care what you class yourself as, he's too far forward, he's too far advanced off his line, away from his far post.

here's the proof, it went IN.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

he will never be ranked as a top 3 keeper at this level, no where near good enough for that

may be not but I doubt westwood would be now …...dawsons a good keeper at this level (as is westwood) …...you don't need your keeper to be ranked in the top 3 keepers in the league to get promoted . …..

10 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I wouldn’t put Dawson in the top dozen. And that makes a huge difference. Nothing against the lad he’s just not top end championship standard. As a back up keeper you could have much worse but nowhere near good enough for a team hunting promotion n

the 3 keepers who got promoted last season I doubt 2 of them krul and the assortment villa had would have been classed in the top 3 …...in fact I doubt any of villas keepers would be classed in the top 12 …… imo .most keepers at championship level are sound , dawson and westwood despite his errors this season are more than capable of being in a side chasing the top 6 ……. 

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

I can’t even talk to you anymore, it’s like trying to educate pork with you

Says the guy that can barely read and write, is unable to form any kind of logical sentence whatsoever,  expects defenders to win every single header during every game, claims that you can’t judge events during a match from tv footage and is literally the only person that thinks KW was in the right position for the first goal.