Second half performances

Guest Theboylangers

Guest Theboylangers

Are we worried?

I thought we battled our way to a result tonight but a second goal would have killed them off.

First half I thought we controlled but seemed that Stoke sussed us out, similar to the Cardiff game. 

Of course not complaining about the result but I think we make it more difficult than it is. 

Need to set a better shape to counter teams in the second half, we ran out of ideas. 

Thought we came under pressure from a good strong side - They will finish much higher than their current position.

But yeah - it was hard work. Forestieri made a lot of difference as an outlet, after replacing Harris who I thought was pretty average.

• Like 1

Our defensive shape is excellent but we are struggling offensively.

Making hard work of things. 

Just feel there's an unwillingness to take a chance with our passing. Too often it is a pass sideways or backwards. Inevitably, you end up then with an aimless punt or a Hollywood ball from Bazza. 

Tbf, it has been like this for a few years now. 

Just now, mkowl said:

It's the fact we stop playing at 1 up. Too many players disappear, well then reappear to give a flipping stupid free kick away 

All the flipping time.

Tonight it was Bannans turn.

We have done it for years. 

1 minute ago, Alan said:

Thought we came under pressure from a good strong side - They will finish much higher than their current position.

But yeah - it was hard work. Forestieri made a lot of difference as an outlet, after replacing Harris who I thought was pretty average.

An average game yer mean, Harris has been awesome. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Rely on Harris far too much to make things happen. Fletcher is very isolated on his own. 

Was heading for a 0-0 if it wasn’t for a defensive error. We need to learn to kill teams off. 

The goal came from Luongo taking a chance and running off Fletcher.

The likes of Harris, Reach, Bannan etc., have got to get in and around him, otherwise it is a complete waste.

We are inviting pressure onto ourselves and the silly free kicks, its all very daftey first, which often cost you thr game. 

However, hold on there, will have done us a favour mentally, that we can hold out. Conceeding again, it could have ended up playing with us. 

That said 3rd in the league, ill take that. 

1 minute ago, edinburghowl said:

He was very fortunate to have not conceded a penalty too. It was a clear foul

Yep.

For such a talented player, he has these moments of complete f*ckwittery.

Has these games where he seems determined to over play in the wrong areas and do very little in the right areas.