Second half performances

Guest Theboylangers

13 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

First half I thought we controlled but seemed that Stoke sussed us out, similar to the Cardiff game. 

It did feel like the Cardiff game, especially when Bannan gave away that free kick on 90 and I had flashbacks...but we saw it out a little better.  Pigeon steps...

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Rely on Harris far too much to make things happen. Fletcher is very isolated on his own. 

He is, bit now FF is back and will get more involved, I can see this link being another way to link midfield to attack.  Certainly if they both play and they are on either side.  Lee needs to play too, as he keeps hold of the ball and distributes so well.  

Edited by Suzuki_San

Standard Wednesday though innit - we've done this for years 

tonight was our night and we won

What happened last Friday has happened countless times over the years

onwards and upwards - enjoy it while it lasts and a good 3 points before the weekend’s game which will be a lot more tough 

So many times we could have kept the ball in midfield but instead launched it aimlessly forward to an isolated Fletcher (or Reach), it's like as soon as we go a goal up the midfield stops moving and showing for the ball.

I'm hoping that one of the things Monk will bring is different approaches for different teams. Cardiff and Stoke are very similar set ups and keeping it tight was crucial. We had to get stuck in in midfield and stop them bullying us. We were unlucky against Cardiff.

Pretty sure that we can't approach the Leeds game in the same way though as they have more than enough flare and pace to open us up.

I'm optimistic, we're in the difficult spell of games now (on paper) and so far we've got 4 points from 2 games after international break. Onwards and upwards. 

15 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Our defensive shape is excellent but we are struggling offensively.

Making hard work of things. 

Just feel there's an unwillingness to take a chance with our passing. Too often it is a pass sideways or backwards. Inevitably, you end up then with an aimless punt or a Hollywood ball from Bazza. 

Tbf, it has been like this for a few years now. 

Agree to a point. Thought first half against Cardiff was very good and the passing was excellent. Working tonight but followed what I could. Just hope we are up for it Saturday and we play out 90 minutes. Good to see Monk get one over on them

5 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

It was a clear dive from Allen who was poo all game

You might want to get your glasses checked mate. Bannan’s hands were all over him inside the box. Stonewall penalty. If that was outside the box it would have been given as a free kick every day of the week.

Edited by edinburghowl

23 points and third in the table and we're all moaning about how sh!t we are. I wonder what it would be like if we were in Stoke's position. Wednesday Fans, the hardest fans in the world to please :biggrin:

Edited by Great Big Galaa

18 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

You might want to get your glasses checked mate. Bannan’s hands were all over him inside the box. Stonewall penalty. If that was outside the box it would have been given as a free kick every day of the week.

I seen it and then a few replays of it and he threw himself to the ground.

Very boring game of football. Cant complain though 3 points is all what matters. That said my dad went off at half time to feed the ducks at hillsborough park he was that bored.. the setup was too negative for me but a wins a win i suppose thats why i am sat writing this and not in charge of the team  :ghoulguy:

6 minutes ago, schapmanowl said:

Very boring game of football. Cant complain though 3 points is all what matters. That said my dad went off at half time to feed the ducks at hillsborough park he was that bored.. the setup was too negative for me but a wins a win i suppose thats why i am sat writing this and not in charge of the team  :ghoulguy:

Profesional football is said to be "A result based industry" and that is what happened tonight.

If you want GUARANTEED entertainment go to the Cinema, Theatre, Circus etc where every mistake or error can be rehearsed out of the performance.

There were 2 teams out there, both trying to win the game and we came out on top, that is football, we cant all be Man city or Liverpool.