• Murphy
    • Luongo
    • Nuhiu
    • Winnall
    • Reach
    • Harris
    • Rhodes
    • Fletcher

3 times ive been in the Wednesday tap pre match...3 times we've lost...Iorfa MOM for me...Nuhiu running him close...

Winnall had a decent game Pelupessy and Lougo..Chalk and chee....chalk..Reach anonymous until the second half...Had the chances, missed them, but mainly outplayed for long periods

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, debram said:

Not with misses like that. 

Tbf it was the start of game and against a good keeper. 

Should've had the minerals to beat a keeper 1on1 tho.

My problem was starting nuhiu. Too immobile. Wants the ball and made some good/lucky forward passes but it just bought them time to defend it. 

Rhodes did enough for me to warrant jumping ahead in pecking order but don't know what story is with his situation. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

Tbf it was the start of game and against a good keeper. 

Should've had the minerals to beat a keeper 1on1 tho.

My problem was starting nuhiu. Too immobile. Wants the ball and made some good/lucky forward passes but it just bought them time to defend it. 

Rhodes did enough for me to warrant jumping ahead in pecking order but don't know what story is with his situation. 

Monk in tonight's star says he's part of his plans but who knows, January should prove interesting. 

1 minute ago, debram said:

That's the sad part, is his contract not up end of this season. 

Think he might be. So do we let him rot apart from 3rd Rd cup games. 

Maybe the 'team' prefers arm waving supersub Dave. Was hoping we would use the quality we had to win games and not scrape draws. 

• Dawson - Can't complain with his performance

• Moses - Partly at fault for the first goal. AWOL on the replay from what I can see. Confidence verging on Complacency at times. He takes to many risks

• Iorfa - Partly at fault for the goals. Very good in the air though. Could have scored in the first half. Plays it simple and makes life difficult for attackers

• Thorniley - Partly at fault for the goals. He's not big enough to play CB. Fox should have played there tonight as he's more of a physical and aerial presence

• Fox - Cant complain with his performance

• Reach - Shows Complacency and a lack of urgency at times. Gave the Everton midfield to much space to play

• Luongo - We lost most of the game in midfield standing off Fabian Delph

• Pellupesy - We lost most of the game in midfield standing off Fabian Delph

• Murphy - I'm not bitter about his performance. Looked lively, created chances. Didn't shirk any challenges and closed down well. (Made Adam Reach look poor in comparison)

• Winnall - Looked lively, created chances. Didn't shirk any challenges and closed down well. Missed a couple of sitters, but that's going to happen when you've been out so long

• Nuhiu - Looked lively, created chances. Didn't shirk any challenges and closed down well. Won aerial balls all night long. Great distribution, and really lacked quality service this evening. MAN OF THE MATCH.

Subs

• Rhodes - Showed he still cares when he came on. Looked a threat.

• Fletcher - Reliable and Consistently Steven Fletcher. Should be fresh for Middlesbrough.

• Harris - Cameo performance, but showed the same quality and effort levels as he's done all season.

Gary Monk - 4/10 - I think he'll be vindicated on Saturday, but there were too many changes tonight. It's unfair to put two rooky CBs up against a Premier League outfit who had a point to prove after their embarrassing results in recent games. We let them off the hook. Our players must not no the difference between a free hit and a free pass. The Monk will need to set this straight. An embarrassing start to the game really, but we showed glimpses of getting back into the game after we threw the towel in at the start.

The Club

If Wednesday aren't going to take the competition seriously, don't enter it next year. Save us the heart ache.

Edited by Ozymandias Owl
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

3 times ive been in the Wednesday tap pre match...3 times we've lost...Iorfa MOM for me...Nuhiu running him close...

Winnall had a decent game Pelupessy and Lougo..Chalk and chee....chalk..Reach anonymous until the second half...Had the chances, missed them, but mainly outplayed for long periods

Christ have I been to the same game.....Winnall has missed two guilt edges chances.....and that’s what he’s in the side for.....he’s also a yard off the pace and has been since his return from injury.....which was last season before anyone says he needs more games.

Nuhiu carried no threat whatsoever....none

2 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Hence why I said match fit. He gets in the right positions; which is more than any of our other strikers are capable of.

He deserves the game time to prove his worth,hope monk at least does that, 

Edited by debram
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

Christ have I been to the same game.....Winnall has missed two guilt edges chances.....and that’s what he’s in the side for.....he’s also a yard off the pace and has been since his return from injury.....which was last season before anyone says he needs more games.

Christ have I been to the same game !!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

your right bud,don't understand this Nuhui love in ..sure he tries but ffs nowhere near good enough for what we need..mind you currently,apart from Fletch..are any ?