Chansiri - Spare us the doomfest

All things considered, Umbongo uncertainty, Bruce-gate,  SAG,  no gaffer , threadbare coaching team, the start of the season could have been a depressing gloom - fest. 

That it hasn't been is something of a bonus. Indeed the best start for some years. Despite us "Only beating teams who are definitely getting relegated".

The problem is ....fans don't like uncertainty.

The manager situation feels like limbo to too many.

And like drunk air passengers with a fear of flying there will be panic and drama and over reaction at the first showing of any turbulence every flight. 

Wins that wed have been happy with become 'papering over the cracks'. Every draw or defeat will be scrutinised beyond belief until we have a new 'proper' manager.

People who ordinarily accept that teams just don't go out and play well every week and win 46 games out of 46, will overlook that basic knowledge they have until we have someone installed permanently. 

Because when you're lin limbo people want answers and reassurance. 

Of course another new manager could come in and get us up.

They could come in and send us down. 

More likely they'll come in and we'll carry on winning some, drawing some and losing some. Because that's what's happened for  99.9% of our history.

But at least it might stop all the panic. For the honeymoon period at least. ..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think the point that concerns everyone is that Bruce built and coached a team to play a high pressing fast attacking 433 game.  There are moments when the players seem to understand how this game is played, and we look great, but too often we simply lump it to Fletch without working it through the wide players.  If this is how we play we won’t go up, and the 3 wins paper over the flaws. This may or may not be a result Bullen’s coaching, but yesterday we were tactically inept and Bullen was in charge.  

12 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

. This may or may not be a result Bullen’s coaching, but yesterday we were tactically inept and Bullen was in charge.  

Exactly. And until we appoint a permanent manager every defeat will be down to tactical ineptness. 

At least with a proper manager in charge we can go back to individual errors ,like giving away two penalities, costing us points.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I understand what you’re saying Snooty but just who is it that you want Chansiri to appoint?

Theres people screaming for an appointment and losing the plot but it seems it’s anybody just anybody. They haven’t any viable names.

For Christ’s Sake a few weeks ago there were people wanting the Barnsley manager

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

I understand what you’re saying Snooty but just who is it that you want Chansiri to appoint?

Personally? 

I don't think it matters.  Every manager is a gamble.

It's all about timing and luck once you take out the top ten managers. 

But I genuinly believe that the limbo is creating a atmosphere amongst the fanbase which won't dissappear until someone is announced. Rightly or wrongly every defeat will be put down to the situation. 

Personally I think yesterday's defeat is down to one players individual errors. That happens. 

But whilever Bullen is in charge that will be overlooked and it will be out down to the limbo. 

• Like 1

Through the Summer, fans have called for Houghton, my choice,  That Gerry at Barnsley, the two Non league Brothers at Lincoln and any one who has won 1 of his last 4 games.

Just who do the fans want and how long will they give him to win promotion, The Boat Race, the grand national and the next GE?.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Personally? 

I don't think it matters.  Every manager is a gamble.

It's all about timing and luck once you take out the top ten managers. 

But I genuinly believe that the limbo is creating a atmosphere amongst the fanbase which won't dissappear until someone is announced. Rightly or wrongly every defeat will be put down to the situation. 

Personally I think yesterday's defeat is down to one players individual errors. That happens. 

But whilever Bullen is in charge that will be overlooked and it will be out down to the limbo. 

I agree mate. It’s a lottery and that’s the problem. Some managers just don’t work at a certain club no matter what their pedigree. You just never know.

Who’d be a chairman ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

Through the Summer, fans have called for Houghton, my choice,  That Gerry at Barnsley, the two Non league Brothers at Lincoln and any one who has won 1 of his last 4 games.

Just who do the fans want and how long will they give him to win promotion, The Boat Race, the grand national and the next GE?.

And FFS it is Hughton. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Theres people screaming for an appointment and losing the plot but it seems it’s anybody just anybody. They haven’t any viable names.

For Christ’s Sake a few weeks ago there were people wanting the Barnsley manager

David Moyes.

14 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Exactly. And until we appoint a permanent manager every defeat will be down to tactical ineptness. 

At least with a proper manager in charge we can go back to individual errors ,like giving away two penalities, costing us points.

I accept that no manager can account for individual errors but he can get the tactics right and coach the players and against Millwall, Luton and yesterday we haven’t played the ball fast enough or into the right places.  It’s not just about any one game.  If we don’t do this we won’t win enough over a season to go up. 

• Like 1