Chansiri - Spare us the doomfest

16 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Exactly. And until we appoint a permanent manager every defeat will be down to tactical ineptness. 

At least with a proper manager in charge we can go back to individual errors ,like giving away two penalities, costing us points.

Basically, Snoots, if and /or when we get a manager, at least we will have someone the fans are aching for - SOMEONE TO BLAME.

how many of us cry 'Don't change a winning team' then immediately start complaining when things go wrong.

Thanks for providing a bit of reflection on what has been mostly a positive start to the season.

While I'd be happy to have the manager situation resolved, and I'll be happy about points from wins and disappointed with losses, what I do not like is the manner in which these losses come, or the manner in which we scrape a win.

Luton have had a fighting start to their season, but for them to come to Hillsborough and dominate us for 45 minutes, that's not good enough. That game would have been over if they had converted. Luckily, it's football and it doesn't always pay off so with us "winning" second half we still got the win, and could've even made it comfortable if Murphy (or was it Harris) had scored that sitter too.

Away to Millwall, one man more on the pitch for half an hour or so, you'd expect a better fight - the following week Millwall went to Fulham who held 85% possession and thoroughly destroyed them... Away to Preston, two unprofessional fouls cost us, and the warning signs should've resulted in dropping Odubajo for Iorfa at half time, but ultimately it was the collective lack of fight for 75 minutes or so that cost us. Forestieri and Luongo need to feature from start next match. This is subjective, yes, but what I'm left with is a feeling that Bullen reacts too late when game plan doesn't work. If the wall isn't breaking, better stop banging your head against it and rather see if you have better tools in your bag before you get a headache. Which I only take as evidence of managerial inexperience and comes back to getting our manager situation sorted.

• Like 1

I think what’s concerning is regarding some of the decision making regardless of half decent results.

taking the Millwall game as an example. No Forestieri in the squad. This really came back to bite us as Murphy didn’t do much and thre game was crying out for a bit of magic. Even without the Forestieri option why not switch Harris and Murphy for ten minutes?

Bannan fit to play but doesn’t start. And as soon as he came on he played two or three sublime passes that we had t seen all game up until then.

another point is that he’d picked three central midfielders yet early in the second half not one of them was still playing there!

i agree that ultimately it was Westwood’s mistake that cost us as did Odubajo’s mistakes v Preston but there are other factors that have got the alarm bells ringing regarding Bullens management skills.

Edited by York_Owl

18 hours ago, Ibbo48 said:

Virtually every club that loses a manager says it’s had 100s of applicants and ‘top quality names’ at that. It’s standard for a club to say that.

I never agree with change for change sake just cos a few natives are restless.

If Lee loses the next couple of matches then maybe I’ll be twitchy too.

For sure I reckon that DC is desperate for it to work for him and will only pull the trigger when or if he’s sure it’s not going to work.

I don’t believe he’s not weighing up other candidates in the meantime.

2 good wins this week and the people screaming for action will be fewer.

Ive no idea if he’s the long term answer but whoever comes can’t afford to fail and I hate the whole new manager merry go round

Sorry about this. Not my best post. Just a set of random unconnected thoughts.

Note to self, don’t post when you’ve had a few beers and you’re high on Ben Stokes smashing the Aussies

• Haha 1