Holloway? No thanks.

29 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

This is how the country has ended up in the mess we find ourselves in.

People believing that Brexit will get rid of any rule they disagree with, regardless of who set them.

The Geneva Conventions were written in Switzerland. Does that mean if we leave the EU we can start committing war crimes?

if there'd been a choice on the day between a colouring book or a ballot paper the result may well have been different.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, camffiti said:

I think it was just a botched metaphor, referring to FIFA & UEFA running the English game 

Except the FA has veto powers, and in this case all 4 of the English FA votes were in favour of the rule change.

It only required 2 FA votes to stop it. So even if the English FA was split 50/50 for/against it, then it wouldn't have been made into a law.

But yeah, foreigners are running it...

good entertainment as a pundit, best to stay there. Just like Neville, Carra, Shearer, Souness and certainly Murphy. Stick to pundits as would not go well as a manager. Di Canio is an italian pundit on sky Italia too. There are quite a few they roll out as experts who would be useless as a manager, Danny mills is one who would scare me if ever linked to our job.

Holloway is harmless enough but wouldn't want him as manager, had he said everything other than the handball law is EU made he'd have been right though.

Clearly he can wind the opposition up which is something Warnock etc have thrived on.

Classic Ollie.

The tick twerp did get crap Blackpool and crap Crystal Palace promoted to the Premiership mind.

Says it was achieved by getting his players to eat three shredded wheat a day and doing a victory dance before kick off each match.

If you don't believe me you should start an anti Holloway thread even though he isn't on the shortlist yet.

I must be the only one who gets Holloway's sense of humour.

5 hours ago, robertowl said:

Ian Holloway is quoted this morning as saying that the new hand ball rule is the fault of the EU and Brexit will get rid of it. Unless he was joking (and the report didn't suggest it) may I, as a very  occasional poster, suggest he is too thick to be our manager. I want somebody for SWFC who has a modicum of intelligence.

If this is about him talking on talksport yesterday i heard it.

He has been mis-quoted.

He said 'we are trying to take control of our country with Brexit and we can't even control our own football'

He was refering to fifa and uefa rule changes that negatively affect the English game (particularly at lower league level)

Not a comparison i would make, but nothing to get hung about

Either it was this quote you are refering to, or he is banging on about Brexit a lot!

My main reason for not wanting Ollie to be our manager, as nothing to do with his personal views or anything he's said. I just think he's past it, his best days are long gone. He's done nothing of note for several years. He would have been ideal a few years ago to be fair but wouldn't consider has been's like him and would much prefer a forward thinking on the rise appointment like Bully would be.

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

Actually it was 52% of all those who could be bothered to vote!!

Actually it wasn't 52%.....

It was less than 52%

Check the details.

That was the vote from the Discredited,  illegally financed Referendum taken over three years ago.

It's high time we had a second Referendum to seek the views of the electorate in 2019.....

37 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

Actually it wasn't 52%.....

It was less than 52%

Check the details.

That was the vote from the Discredited,  illegally financed Referendum taken over three years ago.

It's high time we had a second Referendum to seek the views of the electorate in 2019.....

Leave WON....................get over it loser.......................AND LEAVE WOULD WIN AGAIN !!

• Thanks 1