Toy Town in 2nd Rd

7 hours ago, Hitcat said:

I'd love to live in a town of toys. Imagine living in a giant Duplo rabbit with Lego friends and and slinky fountains. I love toys.

The worrying thing for me is, you seem to have actual given this a fair amount of thought.

I like you. Will you be my friend? lol

• Haha 2

I think Wednesday will get a bye and we'll be playing you at New York on Tuesday 27th August. The EFL are losing patience with Dale, the Bury owner, and have to wrap it up soon one way or another. 

We're supposed to play Bury in 6 days time and we find out tomorrow if it's on. They only have 9 days to sort out the sale of the club before they are kicked out of the league and listening to 5 Live yesterday they are a way off that. Shame for the fans that a £3m debt could finish them off when 14 miles away Harry Maguire has just arrived for £80m.

10 hours ago, swfc.4.ever said:

We are going to struggle to fit it in now anyway before next round (which is week commencing 26th Aug) as this week will be too short notice and we have Millwall on Saturday and next week we have Luton on Tueasday / Preston on following Saturday.

They have until the 23rd to get this game on by providing the EFL of financial proofs.

If they don't so this we get a bye into the next round. If they do then the game will have to be played. As there is a game next week then this will be played the week of the 26th when the second round ties are being played.

This has happened on occasion before when the initial round game had to be called off. Which would mean should we win we will play at Rotherham on the next available midweek slot after the week commencing the 26th.

That's how I understand it.

We're going to be a round behind whatever happens, if Bury get kicked out their deadline is too close to the second round for us to be able to play Rotherham as there isn't time to put the game on and sell tickets between their Friday deadline and playing Rotherham the following Tuesday. Even though back in the 80s we were able to draw at Everton on a Monday night and then put on the replay and get 35k through the gate at home just 2 days later! 

I wonder if we'd be allowed to play Rotherham during the international break, it's not as if either side are laden with internationals. We'd probably only have Nuhiu and Palmer absent, and possibly Luongo, with Bannan, Fletcher and Westwood not getting called up recently. 

20 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I wonder if we'd be allowed to play Rotherham during the international break, it's not as if either side are laden with internationals. We'd probably only have Nuhiu and Palmer absent, and possibly Luongo, with Bannan, Fletcher and Westwood not getting called up recently. 

Here's the most compicated scenario: on 23rd, Bury are cleared to play. But, as you say, that's too late to arrange the game in 2nd round week. The following week, Bury have an EFL Trophy game, and it's the international break anyway. If we can't play in the international break, the next available week starts on Mon 16 Sep. But Bury have a league game on 17th! If we can't play it that week, we'll have to play in 3rd round week. Suppose that happens, and we win, we have a midweek league game the next week, which is followed by another international break, then another midweek league game. So we play Rotherham in 4th round week!

I'm pretty sure the above won't happen though.

2 hours ago, Sova said:

Here's the most compicated scenario: on 23rd, Bury are cleared to play. But, as you say, that's too late to arrange the game in 2nd round week. The following week, Bury have an EFL Trophy game, and it's the international break anyway. If we can't play in the international break, the next available week starts on Mon 16 Sep. But Bury have a league game on 17th! If we can't play it that week, we'll have to play in 3rd round week. Suppose that happens, and we win, we have a midweek league game the next week, which is followed by another international break, then another midweek league game. So we play Rotherham in 4th round week!

I'm pretty sure the above won't happen though.

So maybe after considering all of the above, the EFL will just make it easier for all concerned and pull Bury out of the cup whatever happens. I don't think Bury would mind as they'll already have 3 or 4 league fixtures to squeeze into mid week by then. Could probably do without a cup match as well.

5 hours ago, alanharper said:

We're going to be a round behind whatever happens, if Bury get kicked out their deadline is too close to the second round for us to be able to play Rotherham as there isn't time to put the game on and sell tickets between their Friday deadline and playing Rotherham the following Tuesday. Even though back in the 80s we were able to draw at Everton on a Monday night and then put on the replay and get 35k through the gate at home just 2 days later! 

Maybe play on the Wednesday night giving an extra 24 hours for ticket sales, if Bury are kicked out Friday tickets could go on sale Saturday morning. 

26 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Maybe play on the Wednesday night giving an extra 24 hours for ticket sales, if Bury are kicked out Friday tickets could go on sale Saturday morning. 

Would the police allow that? I thought one reason we no longer have multiple up replays was that they needed 10 days' notice.

25 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Trouble with playing against Rotherham is that we can't win.  When we win Rotherham fans just say you should win as you're a big club, odd occasion when we lose they bang on about it long after we have forgotten about it. 

Least you don't bump into many Rotherham fans, you see more Wednesday fans out and about in town. 

There's just the one Rotherham fan where I work but he now says he's a Man U fan and as always supported them.